Aliens reunion planned for Comic-Con - Alien 5 To Be Discussed?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2016, 08:12:57 PM

Author
Aliens reunion planned for Comic-Con - Alien 5 To Be Discussed? (Read 4,245 times)

Corporal Hicks

I'm surprised no-one has posted this up yet: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/06/aliens-30th-anniversary-comic-con-event

QuoteTo commemorate the release of the 1986 action/sci-fi classic, EW can reveal that San Diego's Comic-Con will host an Aliens reunion on Saturday, July 23. Both Cameron and Weaver will participate in the Q&A in the 6,500-seat Hall H, along with producer Gale Anne Hurd, Bill "Game Over" Paxton, Lance Henriksen, Paul Reiser, Michael Biehn, and the all-grown-up Carrie Henn.

There will be much to discuss at Comic-Con, since not only is it a look back at a sci-fi classic, but Weaver is working with District 9 filmmaker Neill Blomkamp to create a new Aliens sequel, one that picks up where Cameron's film left off and somewhat de-canonizes David Fincher's Alien 3 (1992) and Jean-Pierre Jeunet's Alien: Resurrection (1997). "It's just as if, you know, the path forks and one direction goes off to three and four and another direction goes off to Neill's movie," Weaver says.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote"It's just as if, you know, the path forks and one direction goes off to three and four and another direction goes off to Neill's movie," Weaver says.

Well, that makes it pretty clear that this is indeed an alternate timeline as most of us has assumed.

windebieste

The movie is in limbo and no one has any clue when production is actually going to start yet Weaver and co keep yammering on like it's already front and centre of the cameras already. 

They should just STFU and get on with making the Godammned movie.

-or-

Just STFU and stop pulling everyone's dicks about shit that aint happening.

This is getting stale very fast.

-Windebieste

Elmazalman

If this film does get made it'll probably turn out sh$t like the last one did if Siggy gets her way.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 06, 2016, 09:38:34 PM
Quote"It's just as if, you know, the path forks and one direction goes off to three and four and another direction goes off to Neill's movie," Weaver says.

Well, that makes it pretty clear that this is indeed an alternate timeline as most of us has assumed.

I'm pretty sure she explicitly said this already.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/04/27/alien-5-satisfying-end-alien-story/

QuoteWeaver also talked about Alien 3 and Resurrection and how Blomkamp's sequel relates to them, stating that the new film wouldn't "wipe out" those films but "run parallel" to them.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 07, 2016, 07:28:50 AM
QuoteWeaver also talked about Alien 3 and Resurrection and how Blomkamp's sequel relates to them, stating that the new film wouldn't "wipe out" those films but "run parallel" to them.

Yeah, but some people on here were still trying to re-interpret that to mean Blomkamp won't ignore 3 and 4.

I haven't seen the "path forking" statement from Weaver before.

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 07, 2016, 06:39:29 AM
The movie is in limbo and no one has any clue when production is actually going to start yet Weaver and co keep yammering on like it's already front and centre of the cameras already. 

Just STFU and stop pulling everyone's dicks about shit that aint happening.

This is getting stale very fast.

They're trying to keep this project alive. They're effectively trying to force Fox's hand. And it's working because it's getting a lot of positve press coverage.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 07, 2016, 05:09:34 PM
Yeah, but some people on here were still trying to re-interpret that to mean Blomkamp won't ignore 3 and 4.

There is no other way of interpreting that to me.  :laugh:

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 07, 2016, 05:09:34 PM
They're trying to keep this project alive. They're effectively trying to force Fox's hand. And it's working because it's getting a lot of positve press coverage.

Just like how it got green-lit in the first place.

BishopShouldGo

This'll be the weirdest timeline ever. Covenant, 3.2, Covenant sequel, Covenant sequel.

windebieste

Blomkamp's current movie proposal is the very definition and epitome of overblown expectations that can never be met.   

-Windebieste.

RakaiThwei

So we're officially getting an alternate continuity then? I know I asked this in another thread but... I just need to know.

Rankles75

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 07, 2016, 10:54:34 PM
Blomkamp's current movie proposal is the very definition and epitome of overblown expectations that can never be met.   

-Windebieste.

Sure it can't be any worse than Alien 3 though...

Prez

So on the latest Perfect Organism podcast they stated that whilst they can't reveal their source, strong rumour is production on Alien5 will start very soon.

Hmmm.

As much as I don't want to see 3 & 4 simply dismissed the idea we can get to see Hicks/Newt/Ripley together on screen again is very welcome.

windebieste

BWAHAHAAAAAA!!!!  What makes you so sure?  This is the version I want to see:

After being in hypersleep our 3 indomitable heroes emerge from their hypersleep, mysteriously aged 30 years for some strange reason.  Ripley gets out of bed and immediately straps a pulse rifle to one side of her zimmer frame.  A flame thrower is then gaffer taped to the other.   She's ready for action. One slow step at a time.  In the meantime, the younger, albeit scar faced Hicks takes a single sideling glance at her and says 'Nah.  I aint gonna hit that.' 

He turns and in the next hypersleep pod he watches Rebecca Jordan emerge.  She's in her mid 30's now and dirty old man Hicks finds himself drooling longingly at her slender form.  "Yeah."  That's more like it." He says under his breath.  "30... and still a virgin! "

*GUFFAWS!!1!!*

Yeah...  right.   Can't be any worse.

-Windebieste.

Kel G 426

If it comes to that, Hicks will do em both.

stephen

Has anyone heard anything - If it does happen if Newt is in it and if so whether Carrie Henn is interested in it?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed