What was the viewership for "Prey" on Hulu?

Started by Cougerboy, Aug 09, 2022, 09:21:14 AM

Author
What was the viewership for "Prey" on Hulu? (Read 18,393 times)

Huntsman

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 14, 2022, 09:51:39 AMI didn't get much of the "girl power" vibe from Prey honestly.
Neither.

nanison

I don't understand why there is still debate over a female lead action movie. I grew up with alien(s) I never questioned Ripley's ability as the monster ass kicker.
I also grew up on 70s/80s martial arts movies and women kick tremendous ass in these films.

SiL

Masculinity so fragile you could break it with a sneeze.

Predatorium

Quote from: Stitch on Aug 16, 2022, 11:12:09 AM
Quote from: Predatorium on Aug 16, 2022, 06:01:09 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Aug 11, 2022, 09:30:04 AM
Quote from: Predatorium on Aug 11, 2022, 05:56:49 AMLoved this movie! Watched on Disney plus though. Make sure you buy it on bluray when it comes out in October. Don't trust streaming services to have the movie forever. One day it might be impossible to find because of some copyright or streaming merger.
Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 11, 2022, 09:19:40 AM
Quote from: Predatorium on Aug 11, 2022, 05:56:49 AMLoved this movie! Watched on Disney plus though. Make sure you buy it on bluray when it comes out in October. Don't trust streaming services to have the movie forever. One day it might be impossible to find because of some copyright or streaming merger.
It is coming out on blu ray?
I second that question. I've not heard anything about it being released in October. Details please?

https://www.dvdsreleases.com/movie/prey-dvd-release-date/
Just took a quick look through that site. Totally not a solid source of information. They still have stuff up about Sherlock Holmes 3, and other things which don't exist. Sorry.

If that release date is correct though, then you'll owe me a beer.

Stitch

Quote from: Predatorium on Aug 17, 2022, 04:37:38 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Aug 16, 2022, 11:12:09 AM
Quote from: Predatorium on Aug 16, 2022, 06:01:09 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Aug 11, 2022, 09:30:04 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 11, 2022, 09:19:40 AM
It is coming out on blu ray?
I second that question. I've not heard anything about it being released in October. Details please?

https://www.dvdsreleases.com/movie/prey-dvd-release-date/
Just took a quick look through that site. Totally not a solid source of information. They still have stuff up about Sherlock Holmes 3, and other things which don't exist. Sorry.

If that release date is correct though, then you'll owe me a beer.
Haha! That sounds like a good wager!

Master Chief

Just what the franchise needed!

BlueMarsalis79

Well deserved.

Prez

Understand the conservative approach in regards to the marketing decision to send this to streaming - hindsight though is a wonderful thing and you wonder how well this might've done at the box-office. The positive on this is I'm hoping this speeds up the physical media release as I'm sure sales will be very healthy.

SiL

Honestly it could've tanked if they sent it to theatre. Streaming likely helped it in the current environment.

BlueMarsalis79

Depends upon the timing, I have seen most say this would have done gangbusters and was a massive missed opportunity. Might not be accurate, but it is what I hear.

Cougerboy

I want to know whether "Prey" success will translate into the next Predator sequel getting streaming or theater release?

Corporal Hicks

I'm so glad Prey is doing well! I had genuinely thought The Predator had killed the franchise off for the foreseeable future, but Prey has really reinvigorated the general public response, and for the most part, the fandom response too. I know it's easy to see a lot of the negativity and think it's the major reaction, but you can see from all the polls and the aggregators how well this film has gone over with the vast majority. And I hope the people who didn't enjoy the film can appreciate what it's done to keep the series relevant and within a positive spotlight.

426Buddy

Amen

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 13, 2022, 07:29:02 AMI'm so glad Prey is doing well! I had genuinely thought The Predator had killed the franchise off for the foreseeable future, but Prey has really reinvigorated the general public response, and for the most part, the fandom response too. I know it's easy to see a lot of the negativity and think it's the major reaction, but you can see from all the polls and the aggregators how well this film has gone over with the vast majority. And I hope the people who didn't enjoy the film can appreciate what it's done to keep the series relevant and within a positive spotlight.

Well said Aaron.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed