Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,713 times)

Immortan Jonesy

I know it is not the same brand, but can you imagine an Alien being born from a Kritonian?  :o you could only kill it with kryptonite.

SM

SM

Or just fly somewhere without a yellow sun.

Local Trouble

Would it still not be a perfect organism?

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: EJA on Mar 12, 2021, 06:14:01 PM
How well would Aliens and Predator fit into the Ultimate Marvel universe?

The way Marvel used to do things was that when they acquired a brand they'd incorporate it into the main Marvel comics continuity. Godzilla, the Transformers, Rom space knight, etc. It didn't always remain that way but things definitely at one point or another had been in continuity. Godzilla is still technically around but has to be called something else and have a design change. I don't think they ever did that with Star Wars but a Captain Universe book strongly implies the films existed in continuity where the then Captain Universe conjures himself a brand X lightsaber.

Speaking as to the Ultimate Universe, I don't think it'd be worth it. The Ultimate universe's appeal was that it was a modern reboot of the Marvel universe circa the early 2000's. The thing is though is that today it doesn't make much sense since Spider-man became the only thing anybody cared about from the line and even then thanks to the internet it's not hard at all to get up to date. Maybe in 2005 or something but not these days which was a part of the appeal since at the time it was initially active the mainline books went back decades and a fresh start was perhaps warranted. It also doesn't help that most characters the Alien or Predator could fight died in Ultimatum or just isn't nearly as interesting as the mainline unvierse versions.

Personally speaking when they inevitably do crossover it should just be a world preferably made for them that way it doesn't have to worry about whether someone dying screws up an Avengers book or something especially since in comics a death might as well be an extended vacation. I'm still holding out for Predator: Herald of Galactus though.

Kimarhi

I think there will be rando crossovers for certain.  DH did it with DC multiple times.  MC is all about cross branding franchises with each other so it is going to happen.

I just don't think whatever happens will have any lasting effect in the marvel continuity and will eventually have the Alien/Predator franchises as their own thing. 

EJA

EJA

It would be interesting if they did make it canon though, like the crossovers with DH's Comics' Greatest World, WildC.A.T.S., and Judge Dredd.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 12, 2021, 11:34:17 PM
I know it is not the same brand, but can you imagine an Alien being born from a Kritonian?  :o you could only kill it with kryptonite.

Happened in Superman vs Aliens, and they were totally normal Aliens because:

Quote from: SM on Mar 12, 2021, 11:55:30 PM
Or just fly somewhere without a yellow sun.

EJA

EJA

I'd definitely enjoy seeing Dutch and/or Harrigan return for the Marvel series.

BlueMarsalis79

With traced frames from Jingle all the way oh yeah.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

At first I saw the tracing.

Then I saw the Species thing.

Now this.

Spoiler
lmao bring on all the trash at this point then
[close]

judge death

WTF is that a cover for the comic, wraparound wtf? Lazy as f**k anyways xD

SM

SM

Looks like a prime opportunity to do a take on the opening titles of Alien with the planet and rings - but they just thought 'nah, too hard - f**k it'.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed