What was the viewership for "Prey" on Hulu?

Started by Cougerboy, Aug 09, 2022, 09:21:14 AM

Author
What was the viewership for "Prey" on Hulu? (Read 17,842 times)

Cougerboy

John Campea talking about "Prey" being the biggest premiere on Hulu ever. He was surprised at how how good "Prey" was given the lack of anticipation and hype leading  up to its release (from the general audience I presume).  Campea said given the success of "Prey", a sequel should be coming:

Predatorium

Loved this movie! Watched on Disney plus though. Make sure you buy it on bluray when it comes out in October. Don't trust streaming services to have the movie forever. One day it might be impossible to find because of some copyright or streaming merger.

morseman

Excellent! Well  deserved given how much of a breath of fresh air this film was!
I have my nitpicks but all in all they're minor, not too keen on a sequel just yet though, especially not a direct one. This needs to breathe, and we need to enjoy this unique double whammy, well made and well received at last :)

Wweyland

Quote from: Predatorium on Aug 11, 2022, 05:56:49 AMLoved this movie! Watched on Disney plus though. Make sure you buy it on bluray when it comes out in October. Don't trust streaming services to have the movie forever. One day it might be impossible to find because of some copyright or streaming merger.
It is coming out on blu ray?

Stitch

Quote from: Predatorium on Aug 11, 2022, 05:56:49 AMLoved this movie! Watched on Disney plus though. Make sure you buy it on bluray when it comes out in October. Don't trust streaming services to have the movie forever. One day it might be impossible to find because of some copyright or streaming merger.
Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 11, 2022, 09:19:40 AM
It is coming out on blu ray?
I second that question. I've not heard anything about it being released in October. Details please?

oduodu

Quote from: SisterJill on Aug 10, 2022, 11:28:56 PM
Quote from: oduodu on Aug 10, 2022, 08:11:22 PM
Quote from: Predalien39 on Aug 10, 2022, 03:41:30 AMDon't get me wrong, its been great to see Prey get such an overwhelmingly positive response...Alien and Predator franchise has been my favorite for nearly 30 years now... But does anyone else find this reaction kind of...odd?
Its just been weird having been a fan of this underdog, somewhat niche, franchise for this long and to finally have one kind of hit this level of general audience acceptance.  People who have never even talked about Predator before, seem to be suddenly falling in love with Predator.
If this is what it takes to get more movies, great.  I still can't help but feel a little confused by it all.
The movie was good.  But honestly I can't quite figure out why so many people seem to be so taken by it. 
It not reinventing the wheel or anything. 

""I still can't help but feel a little confused by it all.
The movie was good.  But honestly I can't quite figure out why so many people seem to be so taken by it. 
It not reinventing the wheel or anything.""

there you nailed it. this what i am also having a hard time understanding.

very glad its dong well.

but i still want a hardcore fan pred addicted review of someone ....

oh sorry that someone was you!!!

LOL

wiil this success possibly lead to a theatre release?

You're in a forum called Alien vs. Predator Galaxy. Nearly every review around you is by a hardcore Predator addicted fan.

then i will ask ypu the same question

does this movie add to - diminish or retain whatever drew you to the franchise in the first place?

2nd ly is this just an over reaxtion out of pure gladness that  this isnt the shitskow the last movie was?

426Buddy

I think trying to imply that there has to be some other reason this is popular other than it being well made and entertaining is weird.

Is it really that hard to believe that people just enjoy it?

oduodu

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 11, 2022, 11:26:19 AMI think trying to imply that there has to be some other reason this is popular other than it being well made and entertaining is weird.

no

just that there is overhyped ness to all of this and from people who definitely isnt fans.

ok i  get your point.

was there like no wish list of what people wanted in the long run?

its just odd is all.

well bottome up.....

lol

BlueMarsalis79

Some people will look for any excuse to maintain their archaic views.

SisterJill

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 11, 2022, 11:20:46 AM
Quote from: Predalien39 on Aug 10, 2022, 03:41:30 AMDon't get me wrong, its been great to see Prey get such an overwhelmingly positive response...Alien and Predator franchise has been my favorite for nearly 30 years now... But does anyone else find this reaction kind of...odd?
Its just been weird having been a fan of this underdog, somewhat niche, franchise for this long and to finally have one kind of hit this level of general audience acceptance.  People who have never even talked about Predator before, seem to be suddenly falling in love with Predator.
If this is what it takes to get more movies, great.  I still can't help but feel a little confused by it all.

very glad its dong well.

LOL

You're in a forum called Alien vs. Predator Galaxy. Nearly every review around you is by a hardcore Predator addicted fan.

does this movie add to - diminish or retain whatever drew you to the franchise in the first place?

2nd ly is this just an over reaxtion out of pure gladness that  this isnt the shitskow the last movie was?

For the first question, it definitely adds to what drew me to the franchise. I got into it via Predator 2 and AVP, and ever since I've longed to see a proper modern depiction of the Predator, a hunt as compelling for a brand new story and the franchise under a true vision of top-notch modern filmmaking. This movie finally gave me that.

For the second question, and I can only answer that for myself, but no, it isn't an overreaction because I, particularly, don't dislike any of the Predator movies, including the last one. I have different issues with each of the sequels, each one of them only partially got what my ideal Predator follow-up and a modern Predator movie should be, but none of them got the whole of it. This one did. So even for me, who likes the other Predator sequels, Prey delivered on much, much higher level.

oduodu

Quote from: SisterJill on Aug 11, 2022, 04:41:26 PM
Quote from: oduodu on Aug 11, 2022, 11:20:46 AM

very glad its dong well.

LOL

For the first question, it definitely adds to what drew me to the franchise. I got into it via Predator 2 and AVP, and ever since I've longed to see a proper modern depiction of the Predator, a hunt as compelling for a brand new story and the franchise under a true vision of top-notch modern filmmaking. This movie finally gave me that.

For the second question, and I can only answer that for myself, but no, it isn't an overreaction because I, particularly, don't dislike any of the Predator movies, including the last one. I have different issues with each of the sequels, each one of them only partially got what my ideal Predator follow-up and a modern Predator movie should be, but none of them got the whole of it. This one did. So even for me, who likes the other Predator sequels, Prey delivered on much, much higher level.

ty

Huntsman

Huntsman

Fingers crossed the viewership and critical success does lead to another film. They'd be crazy not to. Prey restored the franchise's honour. But I'm ready for something different next time, rather than mirroring the original film's template closely.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 11, 2022, 11:37:55 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 11, 2022, 11:26:19 AMI think trying to imply that there has to be some other reason this is popular other than it being well made and entertaining is weird.

no

just that there is overhyped ness to all of this and from people who definitely isnt fans.

This is a girl power movie.  There's only one way to respond to this movie without being swarmed by a certain group. 

BlueMarsalis79

Just like... every single Alien film.

426Buddy

I'm starting to see why people leave/avoid this place.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed