Bugs & Issues

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Oct 07, 2014, 07:58:15 AM

Author
Bugs & Issues (Read 75,712 times)

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Got trapped under a table and the Torrens walls were see through. The latter when I tried to play the game as it was installing. Xbox One.

Besides that, nothing.

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Nightlord on Oct 08, 2014, 07:31:04 PM
I had this happen unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWaYJjqHFPg#ws

Don't know if it was a bug or the devs just thinking the AI would never need to aim down.

yup really me too!! i forgot this one. happend to me once just stun bolted them :D

i had a new bug: in mission 14 where when u have to run around
Spoiler
in the reactor to purge the nest, after overriding the first reactor
[close]
my analog just stuck, i could only look in one direction...was pretty cool-.- i thought its the part of the game

f**kING
Spoiler
random trains, random qtes, random facehuggers, random counters....i mad one back up into the vent with the flamethrower then i stepped forward and dragged me right away ...fair play-.-
[close]

Dowly

Dowly

Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 09, 2014, 03:54:10 PM
NOOB devs ! -> http://forums.alienisolation.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/20774-hard-difficulty-spelling-error-might-be-effecting-alien-ai-behavior
You really like to bitch about the A.I., don't you?  :D

Anyways, as the last post in that thread says: it doesn't affect the difficulty in any way.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteJust got confirmation from our Lead AI programmer that this has no effect on the difficulty. No difficulty setting modifies (or even mofisies!) the value, so it has no bearing on anything.

Don't mind him, he just likes to complain about everything after about 2002.  :P

WinterActual

WinterActual

Of course the lead programmer will say something like that  :laugh: If he admits his mistake they will fire him (most likely).

Besides, I don't think I complained about Assassin's Creed 4 or Insurgency or the new Carmageddon or Torchlight 2 or Company of Heroes or Metro Last Light and many other games.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I doubt he would be fired for a single spelling error. Anyways, it doesn't matter if he misspelled the word as long as he misspells it everywhere else as well.

Dowly

Dowly

Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 09, 2014, 04:56:39 PM
Of course the lead programmer will say something like that  :laugh: If he admits his mistake they will fire him (most likely).
Why would they fire him over a simple mistake? And why would he lie? Come next patch and some people will likely check to see if the spelling has been corrected and if it has been, then call CA out for lying.

WinterActual

WinterActual

One mistake can bring down your whole program you know.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 09, 2014, 07:24:24 PM
One mistake can bring down your whole program you know.
Obviously it didn't because it all compiled and ran.

Vrastal

Vrastal

has no affect on the gameplay.

Promethean Fire

Promethean Fire

Anybody with the Xbox 360 version notice a screen burn type effect where the UI on screen displays/prompts appear?  Its like dark shaded rectangles overlaying these areas.  I swear the game wasn't like this when I first played, but during mission 17, they popped up and now seem permanent.  They are just barely noticeable, but to me they stick out like a sore thumb!

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Promethean Fire on Oct 09, 2014, 11:00:39 PM
Anybody with the Xbox 360 version notice a screen burn type effect where the UI on screen displays/prompts appear?  Its like dark shaded rectangles overlaying these areas.  I swear the game wasn't like this when I first played, but during mission 17, they popped up and now seem permanent.  They are just barely noticeable, but to me they stick out like a sore thumb!
Could it be an issue with your TV?

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: DwayneHicks on Oct 10, 2014, 02:07:50 AM
http://kotaku.com/alien-isolation-isnt-as-scary-when-the-alien-glitches-1644006514

I got the same gltich from the first video, this game needs more patches asap:

Quote from: reecebomb on Oct 08, 2014, 08:55:59 AM
copy paste from my post on the official alien isolation forum:

On second mission i encountered the messiest bug i have ever seen on a console. For some reason the game failed to trigger a cutscene after disabling the security lockdown (that bit where the player hides below the table and sees the alien second time). So nothing happened and i went back to the spacious room where the four humans are looking for the player. The alien should now started a killing spree clearing the room, but instead triggered the cutscene animations that were supposed to happen before. The game goes all haywire and starts clipping through the environments, the four people shouting, shooting and screaming and the alien whips out it's tail while i am stuck in a wall. After the cutscene animations ended i was completely clipping out of the sevastopol in the middle of of the space unable to move and then the alien killed me. This anomaly happened on the fourth try i think. But every time the alien starts killing those people, the frame rate starts to hiccup badly!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed