Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 03, 2019, 11:27:02 PM

Author
Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership! (Read 81,395 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I imagine so.

Evanus

It certainly is! :P Reddit especially is pretty vocal about it, yeah.

I just really need that third prequel.. after that I welcome anything. Well, mostly anything. Mostly.

Whos_Nick

Huggs

Quote from: Whos_Nick on May 12, 2019, 03:53:28 AM
Six more prequels

So my grandchildren will be able to see it connect to the first film?

The Old One

The Old One

Lmao, sure!

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Huggs on May 12, 2019, 04:01:31 AM
Quote from: Whos_Nick on May 12, 2019, 03:53:28 AM
Six more prequels

So my grandchildren will be able to see it connect to the first film?

Spoiler - The last prequel still doesn't feature the LV-426 derelict

Perfect-Organism

Prometheus was great.  Grand in its successes and shortcomings.  Love it.

Yes, I want to see the conclusion of the prequels as well.  After Covenant, it is for me more about closure than about being excited to be honest.

Whos_Nick

I still think the ideas of Prometheus were pretty interesting, and I would hope future prequels if they happen go back to that instead of the Xeno.

Monster Man

Quote from: Whos_Nick on May 14, 2019, 02:42:21 AM
I still think the ideas of Prometheus were pretty interesting, and I would hope future prequels if they happen go back to that instead of the Xeno.

I appreciate what Prometheus attempted -- tryin' to spin the fabric of a larger universe at play instead of focusing solely on one creature. It's just unfortunate that said creature is the core of this world to a lot of people.

Huggs

Quote from: Monster Man on May 15, 2019, 01:03:54 AM
Quote from: Whos_Nick on May 14, 2019, 02:42:21 AM

I appreciate what Prometheus attempted -- tryin' to spin the fabric of a larger universe at play instead of focusing solely on one creature. It's just unfortunate that said creature is the core of this world to a lot of people.

Well, it is called Alien afterall.

The problem so far has been inferior writing.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Monster Man on May 15, 2019, 01:03:54 AMI appreciate what Prometheus attempted -- tryin' to spin the fabric of a larger universe at play instead of focusing solely on one creature. It's just unfortunate that said creature is the core of this world to a lot of people.

Is the lack of a legit Alien really all that high on the list of complaints about that movie though?

Mostly people seem to hate it because it was dumb, not because the Alien didn't show up.

The Old One

The Old One

^ This, this, this, forever this.

Evanus

Probably a bit of both, as usual.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 15, 2019, 06:35:38 PM
Is the lack of a legit Alien really all that high on the list of complaints about that movie though?

According to Riddles, yes indeed!  :laugh:

Quote from: Ridley Scott"It went straight up there, and we discovered from it that [the fans] were really frustrated. They wanted to see more of the original [monster] and I thought he was definitely cooked, with an orange in his mouth. So I thought: 'Wow, OK, I'm wrong'.""The fans, in a funny kind of way – they're not the final word – but they are the reflection of your doubts about something," Scott explains, "and then you realise 'I was wrong' or 'I was right'. I think that's where it comes in. I think you're not sensible if you don't actually take [the fans' reaction] into account."

So he gave us f*cking Aliens on the next round.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed