Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 30, 2015, 09:43:54 AM

Author
Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete (Read 46,028 times)

overthere

Didn't know he was one of the Last Action Hero writers. I like that movie.

HuDaFuK

He wrote the original script, but according to him it was changed drastically for the final film.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 18, 2015, 07:08:07 PM
He wrote the original script, but according to him it was changed drastically for the final film.

He didn't actually write the first script. He rewrote it , then it got changed a bit from what he wrote

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 18, 2015, 09:49:21 PMHe didn't actually write the first script. He rewrote it , then it got changed a bit from what he wrote

Oh, really? The way I always heard it, it was originally his, but he distances himself from the final film because it got changed so much.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 19, 2015, 09:54:27 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 18, 2015, 09:49:21 PMHe didn't actually write the first script. He rewrote it , then it got changed a bit from what he wrote

Oh, really? The way I always heard it, it was originally his, but he distances himself from the final film because it got changed so much.

It was actually a Meta spoof on his type of scripts and films

Ht27

Ht27

I think he meant "not human"

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 19, 2015, 09:54:27 AM

The first draft is quite lame, the movie is extremely different.The only better thing was the R rating tone of the draft, Danny also saves the situation using a real gun.
In the last screenplay the scene with Danny explaining to Slater that his dad died from cancer was cut, and there is another one where a bunch of kids in Halloween costumes ask Slater for an autograph.
The scene with Danny trying to stop Death was more meaningful if they've kept the first deleted scene...

Murc Solomons

Murc Solomons

Dwayne "the Rock "Johnson,think would b a welcome change to c him in a real action sci-fi movie,it put arnie on the map andutciuld provide a pivot fught scene between the rock an the predator

Britney

Britney

So is there gonna be a movie 4 of predator???????

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Britney on Dec 27, 2015, 01:04:46 AM
So is there gonna be a movie 4 of predator???????

Yep.

Everything we know so far - http://www.avpgalaxy.net/predator-movies/predator-4/

Does anyone want a Direct Sequel to Predators? I  Re-watched it last nite and I still love a lot of what the movie showed. They have to resolve the story some how, Maybe in a comic or novel. I just need something to get the 'four armed predator' from the sequel comic out of my mouth...

Spoiler
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: 85 on Jan 08, 2016, 09:19:13 PM
Does anyone want a Direct Sequel to Predators? I  Re-watched it last nite and I still love a lot of what the movie showed. They have to resolve the story some how, Maybe in a comic or novel. I just need something to get the 'four armed predator' from the sequel comic out of my mouth...

Spoiler
[close]

lets just say that Predator was a bastardized Mutant/One -off and walk away from it lmao

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to Predators. I really liked the first. It'd be interesting to see more of and a better realized Predator vs Predator conflict.

HuDaFuK

What Hicks said.

Predators had it's fair share, in fact probably more than it's fair share of faults, and to be honest was never much above a pretty average movie, but it entertained me and had a few genuinely great elements. I liked Royce. I liked the idea of inter-Predator conflict, even if it wasn't realised well. Some of the dialogue that wasn't simply rehashed was pretty good, it had that oldschool feel that seems to be missing from action films these days. ("It's a game preserve... and we're the game.")

If nothing else, I'd like a sequel just to get more Royce.

426Buddy

Royce was great, best part of the movie IMO. Worst parts for me came down the predator FX and I thought Fishburn (who I usually like) was terrible.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed