Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 30, 2015, 09:43:54 AM

Author
Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete (Read 46,578 times)

Corporal Hicks

I still like the Predator suits in this.

But Fishburne was a complete waste, yeah. I hated his character.

HuDaFuK

More than his character, it was a really phoned-in performance. I mean this guy played Morpheus, for God's sake, but in Predators it feels like he couldn't care less.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 09, 2016, 07:23:18 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to Predators. I really liked the first. It'd be interesting to see more of and a better realized Predator vs Predator conflict.
I would like an AVP game or a Predator game and get a hint of what happened like maybe playing as a Predator and seeing the remains of Royce.But i would not like to see a sequel to predators,seeing the same scenery and all the tension is gone because of knowing the threat.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: overthere on Dec 18, 2015, 04:59:26 PM
Didn't know he was one of the Last Action Hero writers. I like that movie.

I did too. It came out during the wrong time and people didn't seem to get the idea behind the film itself. The movie was a satire of Arnold's action movies. If it had a better script then I think it would have been more liked.

HuDaFuK

The problem with Last Action Hero was that it was somehow much less than the sum of its parts. There are so many great scenes, characters and ideas in there, but added together they don't seem to make an especially satisfying movie.

overthere

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 15, 2016, 09:07:53 AM
The problem with Last Action Hero was that it was somehow much less than the sum of its parts. There are so many great scenes, characters and ideas in there, but added together they don't seem to make an especially satisfying movie.

The problem with the movie is it doesn't know what it wants to be and what it's trying to show. For example, there's a scene when the kid is inside the movie and there's a poster of Stallone instead of Arnold in Terminator 2. But at the same time, the real T1000 is roaming around the police station. So inside the movie, there's Terminator 2 the movie and the real Terminator 2 going on. It makes no sense.

Whiskeybrewer

They ended up throwing too many references and easter eggs into it

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 16, 2016, 02:30:07 PM
References of terminator? 

overthere

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jan 16, 2016, 05:42:17 PM

There's a lot more, not just Terminator.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: overthere on Jan 16, 2016, 09:51:28 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jan 16, 2016, 05:42:17 PM

There's a lot more, not just Terminator.
Like?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jan 19, 2016, 05:25:17 PMLike?

There's the E.T. bit with the bike and the moon. There's a Lethal Weapon reference where the random black cop says, "Two days to retirement!" before he dies, and a bit of the Lethal Weapon score plays in the background. A similar thing happens when the kid mentions Die Hard later in the movie with an extract of the Die Hard score. The kid also mentions how Practice killed Mozart, a reference to F. Murray Abraham's (the actor who plays Practice) role in Amadeus. Sharon Stone's also in there as Catherine Tramell from Basic Instinct. They're just the ones that immediately spring to mind.

overthere

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 20, 2016, 08:49:35 AM

There's the E.T. bit with the bike and the moon. There's a Lethal Weapon reference where the random black cop says, "Two days to retirement!" before he dies, and a bit of the Lethal Weapon score plays in the background. A similar thing happens when the kid mentions Die Hard later in the movie with an extract of the Die Hard score. The kid also mentions how Practice killed Mozart, a reference to F. Murray Abraham's (the actor who plays Practice) role in Amadeus. Sharon Stone's also in there as Catherine Tramell from Basic Instinct. They're just the ones that immediately spring to mind.

Thank you.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 20, 2016, 08:49:35 AM

Thanks.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: overthere on Jan 16, 2016, 02:25:20 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 15, 2016, 09:07:53 AM

The problem with the movie is it doesn't know what it wants to be and what it's trying to show. For example, there's a scene when the kid is inside the movie and there's a poster of Stallone instead of Arnold in Terminator 2. But at the same time, the real T1000 is roaming around the police station. So inside the movie, there's Terminator 2 the movie and the real Terminator 2 going on. It makes no sense.

The movie world is not supposed to make sense.There is a cigar smoking cartoon cat working in the force.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jan 23, 2016, 01:54:24 AM
The movie world is not supposed to make sense.There is a cigar smoking cartoon cat working in the force.

Exactly. I never understood why people got bent out of shape over the illogical nature of the movie world in LAH. The entire "in the movie" section of the film spends its time pointing out how the movie world is literally just tropes, cliches, and bizarre illogic. Hence all the off-the-wall "buddy team ups" being put together at the police station.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed