Announcing Alien: The Blueprints from Titan Books!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 26, 2017, 06:24:19 PM

Author
Announcing Alien: The Blueprints from Titan Books! (Read 50,766 times)

HuDaFuK

I dearly want this book, but I'm off on holiday in a few days and there's no point me ordering it before I go because it won't fit into my postbox lol.

The Old One

The Old One

My front door is- let's say, inoperable so I must be at home also, I understand.

Xiggz456

Finally finished this. Very impressive collection of artwork. The blueprints really have helped me spatially map the locations seen in the films (especially the first two films) which in turn enhances the viewing experience. Only minor critique would be that I would've liked to see a bit more info on the Auriga but this in no way diminishes the overall book. Strongly recommend picking this book up.

Prez

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Oct 10, 2019, 03:31:10 PM
Finally finished this. Very impressive collection of artwork. The blueprints really have helped me spatially map the locations seen in the films (especially the first two films) which in turn enhances the viewing experience. Only minor critique would be that I would've liked to see a bit more info on the Auriga but this in no way diminishes the overall book. Strongly recommend picking this book up.

I totally can appreciate your comment about spatial awareness. Likewise with me. Added another dimension when watching the films again.

Wweyland

The book is totally amazing. The Hadley's Hope sections are probably the best part.
The only gripes I have is that it doesn't fit in my shelf, has not much on Auriga and the Alien 3 "Main Area" including the mess hall.

The Old One

The Old One

I thought the Nostromo (apart from one aspect) was superb and I myself wish it included more on Hadley's Hope and Fiorina 161.

Prez

Quote from: Wweyland on Oct 15, 2019, 07:27:38 PM
The book is totally amazing. The Hadley's Hope sections are probably the best part.
The only gripes I have is that it doesn't fit in my shelf, has not much on Auriga and the Alien 3 "Main Area" including the mess hall.

I can appreciate the not fitting into the shelf issue  ;D
I have had similar problems with all my older Star Wars cross section books too.

The Old One

The Old One

Haha, it's an issue also for Alien The Illustrated story.

Xenomrph

Yeah, the book's height is my only real "complaint". Oh well, it'll be the new minimum height when I'm looking at new bookshelves.

Local Trouble

You're getting new bookshelves?  Did you run out of space?

The Old One

The Old One

I never run out of space for more Alien, even when I run out of space.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 16, 2019, 05:41:34 PM
Yeah, the book's height is my only real "complaint". Oh well, it'll be the new minimum height when I'm looking at new bookshelves.

Cuz it belongs on coffee tables  :P

Local Trouble

Does it turn into a coffee table if I don't already have one?

Xiggz456

Yes but wouldn't recommend.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 16, 2019, 05:44:22 PM
You're getting new bookshelves?  Did you run out of space?
The shelves are sagging due to age and me not buying particularly high-quality shelves. :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed