Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus 3 and 4

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 23, 2015, 09:04:39 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus 3 and 4 (Read 24,693 times)

Corporal Hicks

As Ridley Scott continues to make the rounds, promoting his upcoming Matt Damon science-fiction film, The Martian, Scott has been talking more about the Prometheus franchise. In an interview with German publication Film Flutter, Ridley Scott has talked specifically about the future of the Prometheus franchise and the possibility of another 2 sequels:

The whole point is to explain the Alien franchise and how and why the creation of the aliens. I always saw the Alien as a type of biological warfare. For me, the original spaceship that I call the croissant, a warship that contains these biomechanoids creatures, which is all about destruction.” 

When asked if the Prometheus films will tie directly into the Alien films, Ridley Scott responded: “Yes, but it will not be the next. It will be in the next but Prometheus or perhaps even in a later, before we are in a sense back in the Alien franchise.”

The Deacon closely resembles a form of Alien. In the original script it was an Alien born from an Engineer called the Ultramorph.

The Deacon closely resembles a form of Alien. In the original script it was an Alien born from an Engineer called the Ultramorph.

So it would certainly look like Ridley Scott has bigger plans for the Prometheus franchise. What do you guys and girls reckon to this news? Thanks to Bloody Disgusting and Joel Foster for the tip and to community member Wmmvrrvrrmm for the link to the actual interview.

Ultramorph

It will definitely be cool see how the aliens fit into whatever cosmic story Scott starts weaving in the next movie.

T Dog

Considering Prometheus was essentially a 130 million dollar prologue, he best not dick around with the story in this one.
Ridley is only ever as good as the screenplays he develops and obviously he's quite bad at that.

Corporal Hicks

My biggest concern is the script too. Ridley came into Prometheus with a strong screenplay from Spaihts and then it just went to pot. I really hope its worked on well for the next however many.

Samus007

Well this news just made my morning!  :)

whiterabbit

Come on Ridley; don't let us down.  ;)

Honestly I'm happy that Ridley outright said that the alien is a biological weapon and that Prometheus is the story of what drives men to create monsters. This is f**king beautiful news if I do say so.

The Alien Predator

I look forward to seeing what these movies will bring to the story.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 23, 2015, 12:08:19 PM
My biggest concern is the script too. Ridley came into Prometheus with a strong screenplay from Spaihts and then it just went to pot. I really hope its worked on well for the next however many.
Umm, I remember the Spaihts stuff sounding absolutely horrible. Was the screenplay really that strong?

T Dog

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 23, 2015, 12:27:41 PM
Umm, I remember the Spaihts stuff sounding absolutely horrible. Was the screenplay really that strong?

Would have made for a much more entertaining and cohesive movie. All they had to do really was change the planet name so as not to make it a direct prequel to Alien. The dialogue was much more science heavy and the pacing far superior.

Having said that, the engineers were always tall white skinned dudes in Spaights draft and the geologist with the electronic map always got lost in the cave.......

Whiskeybrewer

I hope Questions aren't asked just for the sake of it. Otherwise everything gets pushed beyond breaking point.

As long as the script is strong and not too obscure it'll be okay. Maybe somewhere in between Spaihts and Lindofs scripts, a decent middle ground

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 23, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Spaiht's script was a much more solid piece of work than the final product. It needed polishing - as tmjhur says, removing the direct tie-ins to Alien - but it was a far more cohesive piece of work.

Perfect-Organism

This is awesome news.  It means (not counting Predator 4) we have at least 4 films to look forward to in the Alien franchise.  How awesome is that?  Like seriously.  How AWESOME is that?

Don't f#%k it up!

T Dog

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 23, 2015, 02:17:38 PM
This is awesome news.  It means (not counting Predator 4) we have at least 4 films to look forward to in the Alien franchise.  How awesome is that?  Like seriously.  How AWESOME is that?

Don't f#%k it up!
Ehhhhhhh......sure.......sure we will.

If only Ridley didn't think beyond Prometheus 2 he might just focus on ONE great story!
I wish more directors took the Christopher Nolan approach of just making one GREAT standalone story - The Prestige, Inception, Instellar etc - none of those movies need a sequel. If Ridley Scott developed Interstellar he probably would have kept half of it for a sequel (I love Interstellar by the way, don't want to derail the thread by getting into the pros and cons of it or other Nolan movies thanks).

Perfect-Organism

I see your point tmjhur, and 1 good movie is worth more than 4 half-assed ones.  But I do hope he gets it right and tells a rich story that unravels the full mysterious tapestry of the Alien.  It would be great if we could have 4 films that explore these subjects in depth while still leaving some level of mystery at the end.

"Who created them?"  Unanswerable.  It's just a question of belief.  It should be left at that.

T Dog

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 23, 2015, 04:01:33 PM
I see your point tmjhur, and 1 good movie is worth more than 4 half-assed ones.  But I do hope he gets it right and tells a rich story that unravels the full mysterious tapestry of the Alien.  It would be great if we could have 4 films that explore these subjects in depth while still leaving some level of mystery at the end.

"Who created them?"  Unanswerable.  It's just a question of belief.  It should be left at that.

Well Ridley daydreaming plans for a 3 or 4 film series is somewhat worrying considering the first film was average at best and told very little story.
I'll stand by my 130 million dollar prologue comment any day.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed