FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video]

Started by Darkoo, Dec 19, 2011, 06:21:33 PM

Author
FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video] (Read 144,635 times)

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

Man nice shot of her body in that one shot.

dembones

dembones

Mr. Torn suit-8  head looks like he got pounded by those fireball things (or resulting rocky debris) folks are running from in the landing/crash scene. OTOH, helmets are worn in that scene and this shot seems like a lot of effort for some redshirt.

I can also see how the head  looks deformed, but the shot angle can also account for that.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 20, 2011, 11:25:31 PM
Phantom...Jesus....get over the Xenos man.....a film I don't want to see is a director throwing in an alien because everyone wants and expects to see one. I want to see something highly different. I want to be scared shitless. A Xeno isn't going to do that.

And we're now judging the makeup as lame? Clearly it's a behind the scenes rehearsal of some sort, no lighting, no cameras. Give. It. A. Rest. ;)

My problem with it, is that the fans seem so sure that the film it going to do just fine without it, stop following the sheep for a moment and really listen to what you're really saying dude. I have a feeling this will fall under the classic case of... you don't know what you have until it's all gone, meaning when it finally hits you not a single xenomorph will be in this film and it's GONE, that reality will put a smile on your face? :D

I believe the reason why the fans are somehow, someway, mindbogglingly, subconsciously are ok with the Alien being left out is because of what they saw in AVP and AVP-R. The fact of the matter is the classic xenomorph still has the magic touch to make you shit a brick on the big screen. You mean to tell me with a big budget like this, Giger and Ridley working together resurrecting the classic dome headed alien once again you wouldn't want to see that? As far as I'm concerned I haven't seen a decent scary xenomorph since Alien 3, so when you do the math we haven't seen a true xenomorph in 20 years.

You say you want to be scared shitless, and what I'm saying is creatures like the Alien and Predator rule this town of movie monsters, so the only way you'll be truely scared is if Ridley managed to create a new creature that will literally wipe the floor of the legendary classic Giger Alien...

because if it doesn't, a good story, and good visuals go but so far. What made Alien scary as hell was because of the beast, the problem is the beast was so perfect and flawless how the hell are you going to dethrone it in Prometheus? 

Just my opinion, hope I'm wrong. Guess we'll find out next year.

Engineer1

Engineer1

AVP has nothing to do with not wanting the xenos in Prometheus.
Scott said no xenos will be there, the shape is worn out in his opinion (like other i just think it needs to be done properly in the hand of a good director thats all), he's been there he's done that, he's not interested to do it again.
So he's going to get new creatures and he seems pretty confident that they will scare us and top the xenos.
Me i'm all in to see new scary freaky stuff.
Thats all.

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

im ok with there being no xeno phantom for the simple reason that its been done to death, directors have a massive massive problem making sequels or prequels to movies because its hard to strike the balance between doing something new while sticking to established story.

its almost impossible for them to please the fans because if you stay too close to the original then you get derided by fans for not doing something new. predators being a prime example.. but then you also get derided by fans when you try to do something new, predator 2 is my prime example as fans werent happy without arnie....

alien 3 and alien resurrection suffered from this in a big way because the directors/writers were forced to shoehorn ripley in to keep the fans happy which then caused big problems with story and continuity, egg on sulaco being prime example yet im sure fans would have moaned like hell if ripley wasnt there as they did when arnie wasnt in predator 2.

for me personally i prefer the big change not only does it give them more scope and leeway with story but it becomes extremely implausible for one character to keep on bumping into whatever the antagonist creature is be it ripley v xeno or arnie v pred, thats why i dont get the fans that still call for more ripley movies or arnie pred movies.

so same goes for the xeno, ill be happy to see some form of early xeno, maybe another creature that evolves into it but i would be just as happy for no xeno at all and have a space jockey story as that creature is just as interesting and hasnty been done to death.

thanks

rich

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Dec 20, 2011, 11:11:45 PM
@deuterium.. sorry, wasnt trying to steal your thunder, just thought id answer chris while i was here.

thanks

rich

No worries, mate...it is all good. Besides, you had the right answer. :)

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Dec 21, 2011, 03:01:30 AM
im ok with there being no xeno phantom for the simple reason that its been done to death, directors have a massive massive problem making sequels or prequels to movies because its hard to strike the balance between doing something new while sticking to established story.

its almost impossible for them to please the fans because if you stay too close to the original then you get derided by fans for not doing something new. predators being a prime example.. but then you also get derided by fans when you try to do something new, predator 2 is my prime example as fans werent happy without arnie....

alien 3 and alien resurrection suffered from this in a big way because the directors/writers were forced to shoehorn ripley in to keep the fans happy which then caused big problems with story and continuity, egg on sulaco being prime example yet im sure fans would have moaned like hell if ripley wasnt there as they did when arnie wasnt in predator 2.

for me personally i prefer the big change not only does it give them more scope and leeway with story but it becomes extremely implausible for one character to keep on bumping into whatever the antagonist creature is be it ripley v xeno or arnie v pred, thats why i dont get the fans that still call for more ripley movies or arnie pred movies.

so same goes for the xeno, ill be happy to see some form of early xeno, maybe another creature that evolves into it but i would be just as happy for no xeno at all and have a space jockey story as that creature is just as interesting and hasnty been done to death.

thanks

rich

That's if the new creature tops the xeno, which is a big if.

RICH-ENGLAND

yeah, xeno is pretty hard if not impossible to top but it would appear theyre going more in the direction of thriller killer story rather than killer monster, so maybe that will do the trick!. its probably why theyre denying there's a xeno and saying its not a proper prequel at every opportunity so fans dont go to watch it hoping for something they aren't gonna get.

thanks

rich

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 20, 2011, 11:29:41 PM
Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 11:16:48 PMmutation is definitly in...

But hasn't mutation been done to death? It is an ongoing trope in film after film, television show after television show. It's just not scary or disturbing IMO. If Ridley is saying that the alien isn't scary anymore, surely human mutation is even less scary? And people turning into aliens... Pffft.

An infection of some kind could work, but the crew busting out of their clothes and transforming into monsters? Might as well of cast MJ!

-Chris
it was in one of the alien 3 scripts too if i remeber right.probably that's where the guy who made that fake synopsis took the idea from.anyway it's too cheesy.

ThisBethesdaSea

"You have to be better then Giger" That's a quote from Neville Page in an audio interview he did with MTV or some media outlet.
This IS a creature feature, bank on it.

Phantom, you 'seem' to be saying

'because I can't imagine anything more scarier then Giger's alien it doesn't make sense that it wouldn't be in the film, despite what Ridley says?'

So, correct me if I'm wrong, you further believe that even if the story is awesome, the acting, dialogue, etc....it won't matter without an original alien in it? Are you reading what you write? Honestly?

I've been scared to death by a few films that didn't have any aliens in it. By your logic, that shouldn't be possible because they only way I can get scared is if an alien is in it?

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 21, 2011, 05:11:48 AM
"You have to be better then Giger" That's a quote from Neville Page in an audio interview he did with MTV or some media outlet.
This IS a creature feature, bank on it.

Phantom, you 'seem' to be saying

'because I can't imagine anything more scarier then Giger's alien it doesn't make sense that it wouldn't be in the film, despite what Ridley says?'

So, correct me if I'm wrong, you further believe that even if the story is awesome, the acting, dialogue, etc....it won't matter without an original alien in it? Are you reading what you write? Honestly?

I've been scared to death by a few films that didn't have any aliens in it. By your logic, that shouldn't be possible because they only way I can get scared is if an alien is in it?

i agree it will be a creature feature but not as much as alien, i think this will have a much deeper story with morality and consequence being far more prominent than just survival.

thanks

rich

ThisBethesdaSea

Rothman went out of his way to say that PROMETHEUS is not a classic prequel to ALIEN and yet, theyre presenting the title in the same way the title for ALIEN was presented using the same haunted siren...Fox IS selling this as ALIEN, believe it. They should figure out what they're after because people will be confused as to what they'll be seeing.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 21, 2011, 05:55:49 AM
Rothman went out of his way to say that PROMETHEUS is not a classic prequel to ALIEN and yet, theyre presenting the title in the same way the title for ALIEN was presented using the same haunted siren...Fox IS selling this as ALIEN, believe it. They should figure out what they're after because people will be confused as to what they'll be seeing.

Are mainstream audiences familiar with the haunted siren or the title for ALIEN?

Xenomorphine

Quote from: PHANTOM on Dec 21, 2011, 04:31:36 AM
That's if the new creature tops the xeno, which is a big if.

And this is the biggest gamble of all...

Even if Giger, himself, were to design it, there's no guarantee it would be better. If you compared the original creature to how he wanted to change it for 'Alien 3', I've never seen anyone say they would have preferred it. Conversely, his design for Sil, in 'Species', was stunning. A creature which, if portrayed differently, could've easily fitted right into the Alien's continuity (and was constructed with certain key technologies Giger wanted to have included with the Alien, but couldn't, such as the translucent exoskeleton). Truly, there's no telling what he'd come up with.

Same thing applies to Scott... For all we know, he's determined to go down the route of 'humans are the biggest monsters of all', which I've always regarded as an incredibly anti-climactic cop-out when employed for films. Unlikely, yes, but we've already got that giant human head shown in the alien ship, which is slightly worrying. I mean, I think he's superbly talented, but have yet to see a film of his I've really enjoyed since 'Gladiator'.

If a new cosmic horror (or several) is being revealed in this film, it's going to be a huge risk. If they succeed, it could be brilliant. But if they don't, it could be the biggest anti-climax in cinematic horror history!

After all, who could've guessed that, with a Hollywood budget behind it, a fully realised Predalien was going to end up looking a lot worse than either creature it was meant to combine the best traits of? Yet, we all remember our disappointment at seeing those first pictures of the same - and seeing it in action only made it look far worse.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 21, 2011, 06:01:38 AM
Are mainstream audiences familiar with the haunted siren or the title for ALIEN?

Doesn't matter, really. It's spooky for those who aren't and is creating a hype-generating buzz amongst those who are.

It's a win/win situation for the studio. :)

atlantis

atlantis

If Giger ever had realized his " The Tourist " I bet we had a lot more creatures to be scared for.. :) 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed