Alien Timeline Updated

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2016, 03:20:12 PM

Author
Alien Timeline Updated (Read 70,827 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: SM on Apr 15, 2018, 11:24:43 AM
Yeah still got more work to do on AvP (comics and novels).  Really must get on with reading the AvP omnibus.

Do you mean the new "canon" comics and novels or the old ones? Will you add the new ones to the timeline? Or will you add the events of the old comics and novels to the "The Banned Histories" section?

I remember a older timeline website made probably by you that had the dates from the events of comics like Rogue and Labyrinth, which were the "The Banned Histories" section of that site. Would be interesting to see in which years the EU material would supposedly take place within the alien universe.

Well, great job so far.

SM

SM

Cheers.

There's two Banned Histories.  One takes into account the two AvP and three Predator films.

The other is everything - old and new (regardless of contradictions).

I still have to properly research AvP : Prey, AvP : War, AvP : Three World War, AvP: Hunters Planet, AvP: The Web (the novel adaptations mainly), as they're all linked.  And the Rage Wars, which Lebbon dated fairly diligently throughout (other than the first date when Liliya crashes the research ship into Alpha Centauri).  And there's possibly other stuff I've missed.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Oh I missed that one. Now that's the one I wanted to see. Really incredible work.

I'm also making a timeline on the events of the alien-predator universe, not like an official one of course, since it has a lot of EU stuff, its more like my personal canon timeline, just for a hobby, I'm actually enjoying doing it a lot.

I don't go as detailed with the dates as you are, like you even puts the dates of birth from all the characters!

I'm more into detailing the events that happened in the movies, comics/novels and games, more into history rather than the characters. I'm one of those fans that tries to fit the EU I like within my canon, so I was searching for more info on the dates of some comics/novels, well some will end up a little different from yours since I try to place the stories in a way it doesn't contradict itself with other stories that much lol.

I still have lot to do, I kind of stopped over the last years, I had finished detailing the events on AVP2(game) and was starting to add stuff from the last novels I had read at that time, like South China Sea, Sea of Sorrows, the Rage War. Now its going to take a while to research both the old stuff plus the new material that was released since last year and then write everything down.

Well good luck with your research, also I noticed you didn't put many of the games in the Banned Histories, if you ever need any info with the dates and the events that happens in them I can help.

SM

SM

Oh, bollocks.  You're right, I have missed a number of games.  2 AvP games, Thanatos Encounter, Aliens Unleashed, Aliens Online off the top of my head.  There was that AvP mobile game too.

Ta for the reminder.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: SM on Apr 17, 2018, 02:24:16 AM
Oh, bollocks.  You're right, I have missed a number of games.  2 AvP games, Thanatos Encounter, Aliens Unleashed, Aliens Online off the top of my head.  There was that AvP mobile game too.

That would be AVP Evolution. The ones I noticed right away that were missing, since I wrote them on mine, were AVP2, AVP2010, AVP extinction and Predator Concrete Jungle. The AVP Requiem psp game like Alien Trilogy and Alien Ressurection is just an alternative version of the movie, so I suppose it's not revelant.

Quote from: SM on Apr 17, 2018, 02:24:16 AM
Ta for the reminder.

You are welcome.

Wweyland

Wweyland

It's interesting that if you Google "Alien Timeline", the first page is this:
http://alienanthology.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_Universe_Timeline
It's a horrible and short timeline with many references to Blade Runner that have no place there.

SM

SM

Yeah that one is almost entirely wrong.

Vagaries of Google I suppose.

Wweyland

Wweyland

You could do some SEO touchups.
For example, your main page meta description is "Sometime in the future..."
Would help if it was longer and contained or started with "Alien Timeline".
The "Alien Timeline" keyword get's Googeled up to 10k times a month and this weird wiki page is getting all the traffic.

SM

SM

Yeah, I'm going to look into that.

Cheers.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You mean you haven't already had a thousand offers via email to sort out your SEO??!!  :o

Wweyland

Wweyland

Just DIY

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Was a spam joke.  :P

SiL

SiL

As someone who has been responsible for sending out those emails on behalf of clients I apologise :P

SM

SM

I didn't even know what an SEO until Wweyland mentioned it.

Still not entirely sure.  I just put some meta tags in the HTML.

Been a while since Geocities.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

And yet somehow Fox still keeps finding it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed