An Alien Prequel?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2009, 11:47:30 PM

Author
An Alien Prequel? (Read 13,343 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So we have another article, saying the same thing? Big surprise, I know. But I’ll post it up regardless. IESB.net has posted up a short article where they’d talked to Rothman:

“There’s been some talk. Ridley Scott, Ridley is right now working on Robin Hood, but I think he’s toying with the idea and that would be great for us. I mean, it’s always been a matter of, really, if you can get the originator to do it that would be the greatest thing, so I’ve got my fingers crossed, all of them.”

So if Ridley’s interested Fox has the door open to him. Sounds like they’re quite desperate for him in fact. But the idea of a prequel…? We’ll see. Thanks to Darkoo for the news.

Mr. Stizout

Mr. Stizout

A prequel done by Ridely would be awesome!     ;D  

Alien Genesis

Alien Genesis

Yes.  Yes.  YES!  I hope this news is real because I have wanted this ever since the second movie ended.  I have said over and over again that a prequel -- a genesis story, an origin story, etc. -- would be the shot in the arm this series needs.  Where did the Alien come from?  Where did the Space Jockey come from?  Are they from one and the same place?  And what is the Space Jockey, after all?  Where was he taking the ship?  Why was the Space Jockey race harvesting all those eggs?  If this movie does happen...with Ridley Scott at the helm...that's about as good as you could hope for.  I really hope this proves to be true.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Better than nothing.

MrFacehug

MrFacehug

This sure is interesting. They can show how the aliens and space jockeys are connected, and show the incident that ruined the derelict in the first movie! :D I certainly approve of this idea! :D

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Only, and only if Ridley Scott directs...

the man

the man

never gonna happen.

S u p e r m a n

S u p e r m a n

i agree it will never happen, but if ridley could do this it was be what the franchise needs    :)  

Splinter Cell

Splinter Cell

yeah man !

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Why a prequel?  What happened before Alien that we need to see?  I thought most fans agreed that the Space Jockeys should be left a mystery and that's about the only backstory Alien had.  ...Personally, I think it could possibly be fun to see the overtaking of LV-426 in detail.  Otherwise, take the series forward.  I can't see anything we need to go backwards for.

dallas121

dallas121

Great! It will be awesome if its happen

dachande89

dachande89

What more can they do other than explain the jockey aspect? Either this film will contain no humans at all, and be all Jockeys, or some other team of humans will foolishly enter the derelict.

JD

JD

A prequel would be BAD!  The ship which crashed happened like a million years ago, the skeleton turned into bones and fossils, so there would be no story to it.

War Wager

War Wager

Very interested. Ridley would only do it if the story was good and if he's toying with ideas himself, this is very good news.

Alien³

Alien³

As long as Ridley is on board it's thumbs up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed