Who should handle the creature effects for Alien 5?

Started by RidgeTop, Feb 24, 2015, 04:25:27 PM

What practical effects studio would you like to see handle the Xenomorphs or other design elements in Alien 5?

Weta Workshop
20 (51.3%)
Amalgamated Dynamics, Inc.
7 (17.9%)
KNB EFX
0 (0%)
Legacy Effects (Formerly Stan Winston Studio)
12 (30.8%)
Spectral Motion
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author
Who should handle the creature effects for Alien 5? (Read 5,208 times)

RidgeTop

I personally think Weta would be a good choice, considering Neil has worked with them on all three of his Sci-Fi films. Weta has done some really impressive stuff and they handle both practical and digital effects. I've always admired the heart and work of the ADI guys, but I know many fans here didn't really like their effects for the Xenomorphs.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The Alien 3 rod puppet was pretty awesome though. Pity about the compositing issues.

HuDaFuK

I liked ADI's work too. Some dodgy design directions aside (which may well have been dictated to them) I thought their practical effects were technically great.

That said... I'd love to see Weta take a crack at it. Their stuff for Blomkamp's films thus far has been top-notch, and visually magnificent.

Rankles75

Wouldn't mind seeing what WETA could do. Failing that, Aardman? :)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Weta all the way 8)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They're all excellent choices, really. It all depends on the direction.

Tatopoulos Studios closed their activity in 2009, unfortunately. Tatopoulos now works as a freelance designer.

Darkness

Odds are it'll be Weta. ADI are nice guys and passionate about the series but they do everything on the cheap.

Local Trouble

Come to think of it, Andy Serkis could be a superb motion-captured alien.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 24, 2015, 08:34:57 PM
Come to think of it, Andy Serkis could be a superb motion-captured alien.
No thank you. Keep that damn dirty ape away from my damn dirty alien. I'd rather see dudes in rubber suits.

Corporal Hicks

Considering how gorgeous both District 9 and Elysium were...I'd be quite happy with WETA. I want to see that Alien do some unearthly things.

That said, I also wouldn't mind ADI. Seems like Neill isn't just going to recycle whatever is on hand so I'd like to see ADI go back to a pre-Resurrection Alien.

OpenMaw

Stan Winston Studios.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 24, 2015, 07:10:21 PM
They're all excellent choices, really. It all depends on the direction.

Tatopoulos Studios closed their activity in 2009, unfortunately. Tatopoulos now works as a freelance designer.

Ah, didn't hear about that. That's a shame, I loved his studio's work on The Cave and the Underworld films.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah, Tatopoulos Studios knew how to deliver in both design and practical effects -- StarGate, ID4, Godzilla, Underworld...

A real shame indeed. :-/

Gilfryd

Wobblyboddle77

weta works and stand winstons team working together.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed