Were The Juggernauts Designed To Kill Ancient Humans?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Jun 01, 2020, 12:09:23 AM

Author
Were The Juggernauts Designed To Kill Ancient Humans? (Read 4,247 times)

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: irn on Jun 02, 2020, 05:00:08 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 01, 2020, 12:09:23 AM

For all the problems with Prometheus it does at least have one of the best CGI explosions in cinema.

Not only that, but also composite morphing of different layers of terrain is extremely impressive as well.

Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2020, 09:18:36 AM
We don't that it killed animal life on the entire planet.

Though, although Planet 4 is much smaller than Earth, it probably could've.

The dosage of black goo was so high that it didn't cause any life to mutate. It killed everything around the Coliseum outright. Hard to say what happened to other forms of life, though.

bb-15

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 01, 2020, 06:25:08 PM
Quote from: SM on Jun 01, 2020, 01:08:30 AM
They were supposed to leave 2000 years earlier so yes, obviously they were going to kill 'ancient' humans.

Assuming it doesn't have weapons - we don't know - it may not need weapons.  Despite being hit by a ship with an active ion drive and then falling and hitting the ground and rolling, there's no external damage to the Juggernaut.  It's not even scorched.  If Prometheus had hit it in space, there's every chance it would've brushed it off and continued on.

They are very resistant without a doubt. But from what we saw in Covenant these ships do their job within a planet's atmosphere, which makes them an easy target, which at the same time makes me wonder what the last Engineer was thinking when concluding that it is a good idea to attack Earth. I mean, he witnessed that humans have advanced technology and therefore our planet is not Earth 2,000 years ago. I guess he was just angry and not thinking rationally.

That said, I think it is safer to bomb from space.

I agree that bombing from space would be safer/more effective but in "Covenant" it wasn't necessary. The Engineers on the Paradise planet had no idea that they were going to be attacked.

Against a hostile planet with active defenses, I imagine that the Engineers could send black goo bombs from space down to the surface.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 01, 2020, 06:25:08 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Jun 01, 2020, 02:43:07 AM
Either weapons were unnecessary because the engineers had no natural enemies, or the Juggernaut is the transport and scout ship of the engineer line.

Earth alone was likely not the only reason for the ships being built. There were many ships on LV-223, all well stocked with black goo. It only took one to decimate all of paradise. They were terraformers long before they wanted to kill us, and Juggernauts were just their fleet vehicles.

Good point. Surely they have no natural enemy and their ships do not need weapons. However, and as SM points out, we don't know for sure. Planet 4 is smaller than Earth, but Covenant certainly showed us that you don't need too many of these ships to kill everything. And Earth 2000 years ago didn't have the overpopulation of today. So the job would have been easy, If it wasn't for what happened on LV-223.

Against Paradise, one ship was enough to do the job. The planet had no air defenses (or didn't use them) and had no effective ground offenses. With no advanced resistance, once the black goo infects insects and fungus spores, black goo creatures are going to slowly make their way around an entire planet.

If the Engineers wanted to attack today's earth with those weapons, they could clearly do it. By bringing in more ships. Dropping their cargo from orbit. And then sending several ships down to the surface to release armies of Xenomorphs and deacons. The earth would be terraformed within a year imo.

;)

SM

They didn't think they were under attack so no need to deploy air defences.

Stitch

Quote from: SM on Jul 24, 2020, 07:37:42 AM
They didn't think they were under attack so no need to deploy air defences.
Indeed. If anything they seemed in awe.

SM

Yeah, it was as if they were welcoming one of their own, or one of their 'gods' home.  I think the big docking ring thing may have mounted a defence which was ultimately defeated, considering both it and the Juggernaut crashed.

Immortan Jonesy

Interesting. I wonder which is the most accurate  :laugh:

bb-15

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 28, 2020, 04:02:14 AM
Interesting. I wonder which is the most accurate...

Like so many things about the Engineers, it will remain a mystery.

;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed