ACM has gone Gold.

Started by Razz, Jan 16, 2013, 07:39:57 PM

Author
ACM has gone Gold. (Read 13,868 times)

Razz

Razz

Hell yes! 8)

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=227748

"Exciting news -- Aliens: Colonial Marines has gone gold on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360!

When we first announced the release date for Aliens: Colonial Marines back in May 2012, Gearbox Software CEO Randy Pitchford noted that the development had progressed to the point where we could see the end and be very confident in both our vision for the game as well as our launch date.

Today, we're proud to announce that we hit every one of those targets, with the game's gold status indicating that all parties have examined the release candidate and signed off on the code as final and suitable for manufacturing, after which the game will be shipped to retail and propped to digital networks in time for launch on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 come February 12, 2013!

Now's the time to make sure you've got your pre-order locked in as participating retailers are offering in-game bonus content -- check with your local retailers and visit this page for more details.

Stay frosty, the next chapter in the Aliens story is almost here. Will you be able to fight the fear?"

WinterActual

WinterActual

Can you copy the text here please?

Predaker

Predaker

From ChrisF at gearbox:

QuoteExciting news -- Aliens: Colonial Marines has gone gold on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360!

When we first announced the release date for Aliens: Colonial Marines back in May 2012, Gearbox Software CEO Randy Pitchford noted that the development had progressed to the point where we could see the end and be very confident in both our vision for the game as well as our launch date.

Today, we're proud to announce that we hit every one of those targets, with the game's gold status indicating that all parties have examined the release candidate and signed off on the code as final and suitable for manufacturing, after which the game will be shipped to retail and propped to digital networks in time for launch on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 come February 12, 2013!

Now's the time to make sure you've got your pre-order locked in as participating retailers are offering in-game bonus content -- check with your local retailers and visit this page for more details.

Stay frosty, the next chapter in the Aliens story is almost here. Will you be able to fight the fear?

WinterActual

WinterActual

Thanks!

Razz

Razz

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 16, 2013, 07:43:02 PM
Can you copy the text here please?
Done.

-Edit-

Beaten. :P

unwittytitle

unwittytitle

awesome news

spacemarine

spacemarine

Great news. I'll get the beers and Apone can get my slippers.

Ash 937

Ash 937

I did not plan on pre-ordering the game until I got this news.  I guess I will be pre-ordering the game today...

Predaker

Predaker

Wow. After such a long wait, things are starting to go by fast now.

swarm87

swarm87

i need to ask the obvious, when are we getting a demo

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

^We might not even get one. It does not feel like this game is only 4 weeks away....

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Razz on Jan 16, 2013, 07:39:57 PM
Hell yes! 8)

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=227748

"Exciting news -- Aliens: Colonial Marines has gone gold on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360!

Stay frosty, the next chapter in the Aliens story is almost here. Will you be able to fight the fear?"

Badass!

Ready to GET IT ON!

Taxemic

Taxemic

Extremely exciting. I hope it lives up to the expectations set by the hype they've created this far.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Taxemic on Jan 16, 2013, 10:28:34 PM
Extremely exciting. I hope it lives up to the expectations set by the hype they've created this far.

That might not be possible.  Even if the game turns out to be great, it has been hyped to the gaming community for years and compared over and over and over again to Aliens by the press.  I think the anticipation for the game might be bigger than the game itself at this point.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

When i go through the threads here...expectations don't seem to be THAT high :D

It possibly was hyped in the early stage but what i've seen in the last weeks/months, the expectations were lowered after the release of trailers/screenshots/story and gameplay&enemy details - in my opinion they are pretty mediocre.

At least my expectations went downhill in August when they released these "spectacular" video clips

...i guess i'm on a realistic level atm.
Thanks Mikey, it's a pitty he wasn't in the Prometheus trailers :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed