Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 828,165 times)

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 15, 2020, 03:49:08 AM
Quote from: kwisatz on Jul 15, 2020, 01:04:29 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 14, 2020, 11:11:24 PM
Kiki's Delivery Service

Not my favorite Miyazaki film, but it's always a thoroughly enjoyable viewing experience.

What's your favorite?

Castle in the Sky

Ja, this or Nausicaa for me (too).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yE--7OsA_V4

Fantastic one. Just as good as 'Spring, Summer ...'

Edit: Trailer already shows it, but I feel like explicitly pointing it out too: this contains animal cruelty.   

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Psycho
Psycho II

Both fantastic movies.

Kradan

Kradan

Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope

All I can hear is Alien ambience in background

Huggs

Huggs

The Naked Gun 33 1/3

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was gonna have to feel things out"

Kradan

Kradan

Empire Strikes Back

"Who's scruffy lookin' ?"

Huggs

Huggs

Hell or High Water

chopperXgill

chopperXgill

All Dogs Go To Heaven
Classic Burt Reynolds voice work

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 18, 2020, 05:25:17 PM
Hell or High Water

This was such a good movie, completely took me by surprise!

Watched Hotel Artemis. Loved the concept of the movie and the riots waging through L.A. but the movie loses course halfway through. Was hoping this was based off a book so I could've got more story and character detail but sadly, it wasn't.

Kradan

Kradan

Return of The Jedi

Whoa, man, what a journey ! Kinda weird to think that original trilogy wraped up even before Aliens came out

Spoiler
I'd say the moment when Luke takes off Vader's helmet is more emotion-inducing than "I'm your father" moment. And what's with Skywalkers losing their hands ?

Unfinished Death Star gives me vibes of second Gibson's draft for Alien 3
[close]

The only real complaint I can have about the whole trilogy is that there wasn't really much Jedi training. Luke just ... becomes one

Btw, these helmets are hillarious

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 18, 2020, 09:07:00 PM
Return of The Jedi

Whoa, man, what a journey ! Kinda weird to think that original trilogy wraped up even before Aliens came out

Spoiler
I'd say the moment when Luke takes off Vader's helmet is more emotion-inducing than "I'm your father" moment. And what's with Skywalkers losing their hands ?

Unfinished Death Star gives me vibes of second Gibson's draft for Alien 3
[close]

The only real complaint I can have about the whole trilogy is that there wasn't really much Jedi training. Luke just ... becomes one

I've the same feeling.
Spoiler
Luke seeing his father's face for the first time has more emotional power than the Empire Strike Back plot twist. Or at least for me.
[close]

And that being said, yes. He didn't have to go through everything his father had to go through to be a Jedi. But hey, that was before the "dark times". In fact, I think that the complaints about Rey being somewhat powerful in the Disney trilogy are kinda hyperbolic.

BTW...interesting take 🤔 (Vincent Ward's Alien III)

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 18, 2020, 09:07:00 PM

What helmets? the stormtroopers helmets? ???

Or...

Stitch

Stitch

Critters 2: The Main Course

Still awesome.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 18, 2020, 10:01:39 PM
What helmets?

Ok, I have a question. I really want to watch The Last Jedi next because I'm the most intrigued about that one based on what I've heard. And all I've heard about Force Awakens is that it's well put together rehash of A New Hope. Should I still watch it to get the most kick out of TLJ ?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 19, 2020, 08:12:48 AMOk, I have a question. I really want to watch The Last Jedi next because I'm the most intrigued about that one based on what I've heard. And all I've heard about Force Awakens is that it's well put together rehash of A New Hope. Should I still watch it to get the most kick out of TLJ ?

Watch them all. TFA is definitely a fun film to sit through.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 19, 2020, 08:12:48 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 18, 2020, 10:01:39 PM
What helmets?

Ok, I have a question. I really want to watch The Last Jedi next because I'm the most intrigued about that one based on what I've heard. And all I've heard about Force Awakens is that it's well put together rehash of A New Hope. Should I still watch it to get the most kick out of TLJ ?

I think the more you've watched and memorized the beats of A New Hope, the higher chance of you cringing during TFA. And TFA doesn't even do the redos better! Boy do I struggle watching that movie.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Personally I find TFA different enough until it the new Death Star wannabe shows up out of nowhere in the third act.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed