Debut Trailer Released

Started by ikarop, Sep 02, 2011, 03:03:14 PM

Author
Debut Trailer Released (Read 13,541 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Well that looks cool.

newbeing

newbeing

Its exciting to read all of the good press for this game. A lot of people seem to be impressed with what they played at PAX and are really spreading the word on this game.

dallevalle

dallevalle

wow ... that looks so shit !

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Bought a DS today, looking forward to playing this. :D

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Looks like a lot of fun, I will be picking it up. I hope it's not a game that you will beat in one sit down like Homefront and Dragon Ball GT: Transformation for example.

Ash 937

Ash 937

It's always refreshing to play games like this.  Sure, the graphics could be better but I think the developers were specifically going for a 16-bit feel with this game.  It's been a long time since anyone made a side-scrolling game for the Alien franchise.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Well 16-bit IS the best so why not go with the best?

worriors

worriors

WOW, now thats what i call a big pile of SHIT.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Sep 03, 2011, 08:47:50 PM
Well 16-bit IS the best so why not go with the best?

The color palette for this game is minimal and the animations are very smooth...Infestation looks like a late generation SNES game.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  Classic 2D side scrollers are my favorite types of games next to traditional first person shooters. 

I remember wanting a game like this so badly when I was a kid.  The SNES released two Aliens-based games from my memory; Aliens vs Predator (a Streets of Rage clone) and Alien3 (a traditional 2D side scrollers set on Fury 161).  Both of those games were good in their own right but I was always a little let down by them because they were not-at-all connected to the colonial marines theme that Aliens had.  It's a great thing that so many elements came together to finally make this game possible.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 02, 2011, 11:51:28 PM
http://gyazo.com/7133c26de02c721a3c91ce504740038a.png

This shot is epic in an old-school sort of way.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Oh I wasnt being sarcastic. The SNES is my favorite system and has the best games ever in my opinion. I have both those games u mentioned and they both rock. Metroid is my favorite series so an aliens game with that type of game play is overload for my brain.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Sep 04, 2011, 07:09:59 PM
Oh I wasnt being sarcastic.

I never thought you were being sarcastic.  The 16-bit era rocks!   :)

newbeing

newbeing

Yeah looking at Wayforwards Bloodrayne game it is apparent that this look is very much on purpose. Not that it really matters as long as its fun.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Looks like the old  Alien 3 SNES game.which I still have.

Terx2

Terx2

It looks good for a ds game. Sad it's not on Ipod it would have looked much better :laugh:. Oh well I hope its not going to be on the 3ds.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Terx2 on Sep 08, 2011, 06:27:12 AM
It looks good for a ds game. Sad it's not on Ipod it would have looked much better :laugh:. Oh well I hope its not going to be on the 3ds.

It could have looked better on the DS...but I don't think WayForward was looking to make the sort of game that pushed the system to it's limits.  I think it's suppose to feel retro like one of the old skool Metroid or Castlevania games.  WayForward is known for making games like this.  They did Contra 4 for the DS too.  Even if it was on the Ipod, I have a strong feeling it would've looked the same way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed