Was Lambert raped by the Alien?

Started by Ellen Ripley, Nov 02, 2007, 07:42:37 PM

Author
Was Lambert raped by the Alien? (Read 223,714 times)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 26, 2021, 10:05:58 PM
Came across this image.

At first I thought it looked like Parker, trying to shove an object (attachment from the incinerator unit?) into the mouth of the Alien, to avoid its jaws.

https://i.postimg.cc/Th8Nqghs/230391913-4285407598224695-3930527169505736852-n.jpg

Notice his fist? It looks like he's punching the Alien?

I forgot about that image.  Nice one  :)

In this image below if you look at Parker's right hand you can see the top of the red cylinder which I'm guessing is a fuel bottle for the incinerator unit (?)  He is holding with the string and handle that the image you posted shows.

The second image isn't the best but if you look in front of Parker it looks like the cylinder is laying in front of him(?)

So it's a possibility that shots of Parker punching the Alien could have been filmed.  I think it's safe to say him striking the Alien with the cylinder is a definite or at least using the cylinder to prevent him from getting head bitten.

***EDIT***

Just watched that scene again.  It is a fuel bottle as Parker is trying to refuel the incinerator before the Alien appears.  You can also see him holding it before grabbing a hook and charging.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Yes, I think it's a definite possibility.

The image of Parker, slumped over dead, is interesting in that it shows what could be bloody footprints left by the Alien?

If you own the Rinzler making-of ALIEN book, there's a variation of this image - look closely at the doorway - and you can see Ripley's face through the steam.

I came across an image once, a behind-the-scenes b/w still - a series of them (taken from a contact sheet), of the set up for the filming of the dead bodies. It shows Cartwright, wearing white shorts and bare-legged, standing on something, with Ridley Scott in front of her. Yaphet Kotto is in his sitting position, being tended to by a make-up artist?

I've tried to enlarge the image, but it's so tiny - postage stamp-sized - that it was pointless to upload it. You've probably already seen the image, but if you haven't, I could upload it for you?

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteThe image of Parker, slumped over dead, is interesting in that it shows what could be bloody footprints left by the Alien?

Either footprints or arterial spray from his head wound.  Or even both! :o Either way, it's details like that that would make that final shot more horrific as well as horrifying in my opinion.

QuoteIf you own the Rinzler making-of ALIEN book, there's a variation of this image - look closely at the doorway - and you can see Ripley's face through the steam.

The Rinzler books I don't own yet.  They are on my 'to get' list which in the next month or so I will be buying.  The last book I bought was Roger Christians 'Cinema Alchemist: Designing Star Wars and Alien' not sure if you own or have read that?

QuoteI came across an image once, a behind-the-scenes b/w still - a series of them (taken from a contact sheet), of the set up for the filming of the dead bodies. It shows Cartwright, wearing white shorts and bare-legged, standing on something, with Ridley Scott in front of her. Yaphet Kotto is in his sitting position, being tended to by a make-up artist?

I've tried to enlarge the image, but it's so tiny - postage stamp-sized - that it was pointless to upload it. You've probably already seen the image, but if you haven't, I could upload it for you?

Are those the Bob Penn contacts sheets Charles Lippincott (RIP) posted on his facebook page a while ago?  He was supposed to release a book with those contact sheets, etc in it if memory serves.  I don't have facebook anymore so I can't access them but I'd be happy if you would upload them please to loook at  :)  Thank you.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

I didn't get all the contact sheets, only those that interested me. Here are the two that feature images from the filming of the 'wet stuff' found by Ripley:

I'll leave it to you to try and improve on the size of the images.

This one has a barely visible detail that can't be seen in the film:

What appears to be the Nostromo shoulder patch from Lambert's coat can be seen below her kneecap, and brain matter resting in Parker's lap?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: nanison on Oct 24, 2021, 07:28:57 PMReading all this makes me wonder if you guys are actually ok with the movie how it turned out. Would you have preferred longer shots of the alien on screen?

No, because honestly, I think it looks kinda silly when you finally see it full-on right at the very end. The test shots of Balaji walking around the ship in the suit also look kinda dumb.

They were absolutely right to keep it largely hidden the way they did.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 27, 2021, 08:28:44 AM
Quote from: nanison on Oct 24, 2021, 07:28:57 PMReading all this makes me wonder if you guys are actually ok with the movie how it turned out. Would you have preferred longer shots of the alien on screen?

No, because honestly, I think it looks kinda silly when you finally see it full-on right at the very end. The test shots of Balaji walking around the ship in the suit also look kinda dumb.

They were absolutely right to keep it largely hidden the way they did.
The tests in full costume were deemed disappointing, but I don't remember seeing any test footage released of Bolaji Badejo, wearing the suit, walking around the ship? Only the movement tests, with him wearing the mock-up Alien head, in his underwear.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The test shots are what I'm referring to.

They look goofy imo, and I don't see how putting him in a better suit would've changed it.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 27, 2021, 10:13:31 AM
The test shots are what I'm referring to.

They look goofy imo, and I don't see how putting him in a better suit would've changed it.
I get your point about the tests looking "goofy". But he wasn't wearing any kind of suit for the movement tests - that are viewable on the DVD / BD sets.

The full costume tests of him moving about the ship's corridors haven't been released yet.

I don't understand what you mean by "putting him in a better suit"? He was in his underwear for those tests.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 27, 2021, 01:49:00 AM
I didn't get all the contact sheets, only those that interested me. Here are the two that feature images from the filming of the 'wet stuff' found by Ripley:

https://i.postimg.cc/1zsFVHcd/IMG-5714.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/pT157tbN/18815-673509959441412-5235110995899411711-n.jpg

I'll leave it to you to try and improve on the size of the images.

This one has a barely visible detail that can't be seen in the film:

https://i.postimg.cc/vHnxPj0j/19225535-1734884529897567-262415333170112379-n.jpg

What appears to be the Nostromo shoulder patch from Lambert's coat can be seen below her kneecap, and brain matter resting in Parker's lap?

Thank you for uploading these  :) much appreciated.  It is a shame they were never scanned into a higher resolution but I still enjoy seeing these images.  I do hope 'The Alien Diaries of Bob Penn' will still get published in the future even though Charles Lippincott sadly passed away  :'(

I'm not sure if that is the Nostromo shoulder patch below Lambert's knee cap and it's hard to make out just what that is on Parker's lap.  Could be brain matter but it's difficult to tell.

QuoteI don't understand what you mean by "putting him in a better suit"? He was in his underwear for those tests.

Maybe HuDaFuK meant putting Bolaji in the Alien suit, or something better for that test shot wouldn't have improved or made those tests look any less goofy?  Apologies if I have that incorrect.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

You can find another contact sheet, with Giger working on his "Alien Dessert", in the "Best Pic of an Alien" thread.

I didn't know about the Cinema Alchemist book. Any rare pics from ALIEN, inside?

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 27, 2021, 10:57:04 AM
You can find another contact sheet, with Giger working on his "Alien Dessert", in the "Best Pic of an Alien" thread.

I didn't know about the Cinema Alchemist book. Any rare pics from ALIEN, inside?

Thanks for the heads up on that.  I'll take a look at that on that thread shortly  :)  Sadly, I don't think there are any rare pics of Alien in that book.  All my Alien books and other stuff are stored in boxes at the back of a cupboard so I'll have to dig it out later on if I can and check but I'm sure there isn't. 

SiL

SiL

No, because honestly, I think it looks kinda silly when you finally see it full-on right at the very end.
A lot of the longer shots cut aren't full body. Lambert/Parker was full of some beautiful waist up shots.

I think the only shot that's bad is specifically when it bounces on the door. The full body shot itself isn't necessarily bad.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2021, 11:10:21 AM
No, because honestly, I think it looks kinda silly when you finally see it full-on right at the very end.
A lot of the longer shots cut aren't full body. Lambert/Parker was full of some beautiful waist up shots.

I think the only shot that's bad is specifically when it bounces on the door. The full body shot itself isn't necessarily bad.
These are the type of shots I like best. Not so much the full body shots. Also a big fan of the close-ups of the cable-controlled heads.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Oct 27, 2021, 10:46:45 AMMaybe HuDaFuK meant putting Bolaji in the Alien suit, or something better for that test shot wouldn't have improved or made those tests look any less goofy?  Apologies if I have that incorrect.

Yeah, this.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 27, 2021, 11:20:22 AM
These are the type of shots I like best. Not so much the full body shots. Also a big fan of the close-ups of the cable-controlled heads.

The end scene just before Ripley blows the creature out of the hatch was also trimmed that featured close-up shots of the cable-controlled head.  Based on some production pictures I think the Alien originally grabbed Ripley's helmet before revealing its inner jaw (?).  It's cut to only a few seconds in the final film. You might have already seen these before so apologies if you have:

Three screenshots from outtake footage taken from the Alien Saga documentary:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed