New AvPR UK Reviews

Started by Darkness, Jan 14, 2008, 06:22:32 PM

Author
New AvPR UK Reviews (Read 19,828 times)

gameoverman

gameoverman

Couldn't find the link to the empire review so - http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/reviewcomplete.asp?FID=135355

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Shit man..... 1/5...this stinks AvP R is a great movie.It deserves more.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Look there will most likely be an uncut or unrated DVD which will boost the profits.  Just go see the movie and stop bitching about the negative reviews, it's not the end of the world!!

jakey_jedi

jakey_jedi

just the end of aliens and predator in the movies    :'(  

cockroach

cockroach

im sure i ll love the film due to the special effects & being an alien fan freak. but think the brothers may have destroyed the franchise if you take into account all the awful reviews :( heres hoping it makes enough money to redeem the franchise with a better AVP3! wish the brothers had got James Gunn in to do the script (DAWN OF DEAD remake & SLITHER) he's great with characters, humour & horror!

cockroach

Predhunter

Predhunter

I think we can´t rely totally on movie reviews...We can take for ouselfs some of the ideas that what the movie is going to be like. The reviews can be just as heterogeneous as the fans taste in movies. So, go see it and judge it for yourself! About directing, with only $40milion there isn´t much you can do... I hope the box office performance reaches at least $100milion. I think it will. The question is: Will that be enouph for Fox to realise that if properly invested, this franchise can raise at least three times the budget money...

PredFan

PredFan

Worldwide Gross is over $93,000,000 already. http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2007/AVSP2.php

hicks man

hicks man

I don't care what any reviews give the movie, i'm still gonna buy it on blu-ray because i'm a devoted fan that's all i need to know And if some of you guys agree with me then we dfinitaly will get an AVP3   :)  

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Amen Predhunter.

msn_recon_marine

msn_recon_marine

some of you that are berating the new movie just how long have you truely been fans?  I can remember seeing alien on the big screen

msn_recon_marine

msn_recon_marine

In fact I have seen all of the series alien and predator on the big screen and you know what I think that out of all of them personally Alien Ressurection was the worst but that is my opinion

konradski

konradski

so to be a fan of somthing you have to be there at it conception srry i also like janis joplin but she died before i could be born  the point is we who like the franchise WILL go/gone and see the film(we still dont have to like it because its part of what we like) .the point of the critic is to explain to those who dont have as much interest. is to give them an overview of what to expect .so the comment on this site will always sway more in favour of the movie  i myself thought 300 was pants as well and ive been reading franks novellas  since they put them in print   so does tht mean im a fan or the fact i like somthing diffrent to take my interest   or are you trying to make the fan point like those people who are trekkies and take it a weee bit too far to the point u sit around the house with a styrofoam penis on ur head ,sprayed black of course   ;D  

Predhunter

Predhunter

"Worldwide Gross is over $93,000,000 already" If AvP:R reaches $120 milion box office ( i think it might be possible), that would be...three times the budget! Not bad for a so called crappy movie made especially for fans...

mjacobson

mjacobson

You can truly be a fan and still berate the new movie. Do you remember what was great about the originals? That stuff isn't in the last two movies. Characterization, suspense, consistency, it's all gone. We don't even get a good look at the creatures because this film is so murky. We got the Predator homeworld, for what's that is worth. But even that doesn't make much sense. I'm not going to get into specifics because I don't want to spoil it for our friends across the pond. What I'm trying to say, I guess, is that you should go see this because you like aliens or predators. But don't go because you think this is going to be a good movie. It just isn't. (I'll still buy it when it comes out on DVD and I'll even hold out for   a Director's Cut, even though I know it won't make it better. I'm a fan, but crap is crap.)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed