Started by ikarop, Feb 12, 2013, 08:23:14 PM

Author
First Patch Notes (Read 27,321 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

LMAO!!!

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Jesus effing holy frigging god, prepare your HARD DRIVES!

Going to take me all day to download on my connection. :laugh:

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: rufeo33 on Feb 14, 2013, 05:34:27 AM
According to this an 8gb patch may be on the way!

http://n4g.com/news/1173478/massive-updates-may-be-on-the-way-for-aliens-colonial-marines
Surely I'm not alone when I think "This is bullshit".

Well, considering how much is wrong with the game, an 8Gig patch might be about the right size to fix everything. lol

Not that I don't want the game fixed, but... an 8Gig PATCH?! That's bigger than most full games. I really don't want 8Gigs of my HDD eaten up by a patch if I don't have to. It sounds like they're replacing the entire game. If that's the case, they're better off issuing replacement discs with the "finished" game on it.

Randy still has A LOT of explaining to do.

Case in point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lGXDM3LGnk#ws

pixelbaron

pixelbaron

It was a joke. I don't even think the game ends up being 8 gigs.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: pixelbaron on Feb 14, 2013, 08:46:59 AM

Exactly this. The 8 gig thing is insane because the game itself,from what I hear, doesn't even go to 7.

pixelbaron

pixelbaron

Which is funny because on the Steam store page it says you should have 20 gigs available.

Those checkpoint save files must be huge.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: pixelbaron on Feb 14, 2013, 08:59:45 AM
Which is funny because on the Steam store page it says you should have 20 gigs available.

Those checkpoint save files must be huge.

lol, f**king christ.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Can anyone actually confirm that the first patch has been released? I haven't noticed any downloads since I installed it, and there's nothing in the Steam update news feed.

topman

topman

Hey peeps, does anybody know if they will release a patch to fix the shitty screan tearing on the Xbox?

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: The Necronoir on Feb 14, 2013, 09:54:06 AM
Can anyone actually confirm that the first patch has been released? I haven't noticed any downloads since I installed it, and there's nothing in the Steam update news feed.
It was a day 1 patch. It should have installed with the game.

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

Tell you what, I ain't surprised. Hitman Absolution got 7GB and 12GB patches separately.
It'd be good if they overhaul the entire game.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: alanwu1233 on Feb 14, 2013, 09:30:16 PM

Tell you what, I ain't surprised. Hitman Absolution got 7GB and 12GB patches separately.

I just got Hitman yesterday but I haven't played it. Why did it need such large patches? And Aliens needs more then an overhaul at this point I think.

Rolle

Rolle

Well better patched than ditched. Hopefully more patches are on their way. I won´t buy the season pass unless they fix most of the games broken parts and MP will get more maps. 10-16 maps please. Also would be nice to have 8vs8 not just 6vs6

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

Quote from: Jango1201 on Feb 15, 2013, 09:38:04 AM
Quote from: alanwu1233 on Feb 14, 2013, 09:30:16 PM

I just got Hitman yesterday but I haven't played it. Why did it need such large patches? And Aliens needs more then an overhaul at this point I think.

- Players using the Russian language will no longer crash as soon as they use the sniper rifle.
- Various issues that have been seen on specific configurations that caused the game to not be able to start up at all have been addressed.
- Problems with the Sniper Challenge Unlocks not carrying over into Hitman: Absolution have been addressed. On first starting the patched game you will receive your unlocks.
o Note that North American users that have been provided the Sniper Challenge by Gamestop will need a separate unlock key in addition to this. Gamestop can provide these.
- Problems with negative level-scores have been fixed. Newly accomplished positive scores will be needed to erase your incorrectly remembered negative scores.
- A problem with keyboard and mouse controls where users would accidentally melee attack a person next to them when they intended to throw an item has been addressed.
- Legal and Intro movies can now be skipped immediately on startup after the game, on all launches but the very first on a machine.
- DirectX 10 hardware can now enable the simplest version of the Depth Of Field effect.
- Problems with audio occasionally being muted after ALT-TAB have been fixed.
- Various localization fixes.
- Miscellaneous other stability and general improvements based on crashes we have seen coming in.

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: Fujimaster on Feb 13, 2013, 12:31:47 PM
Currently playing on PC. Havent come across any of these 'issues' the reviews are talking about and have played SP for a good solid 3-4 hours so far. Poor AI? Playing on hardened difficulty I had a few groups of Aliens slip into corridores next to me to flank my position and have them always keeping me on my guard, in the open areas they swarm at me and are easy to kill but I did have a few good scares in the first few missions (havent finished the campaign yet only about half way through).

Graphically, the game looks fine to me. Maxed out settings on the PC and it looks great, at least as good as any other shooter out there that I have played, a few things look a little dated but overall no complaints.

Story wise, yeah it could be better but it still has me hooked. As a die hard fan of anything Aliens, I am enjoying the game. Maybe its just me that doesn't like to waste my time bitching about things in general but I don't know why so many people are ripping this game to shreads. I have played games much much more worse that have received higher review scores than this game.

Overall a solid 7/10 from me - Its not the greatest game in the world but it does have its moments. Love the little easter egg references from the movies
Spoiler
Finding Newts lost doll head in the sewer was a cool touch
[close]
No offence but you really must have either low standards or you'r forcing yourself to believe this nonsense out of love for the franchise. ???

Quote from: Rolle on Feb 15, 2013, 11:51:45 AM
Well better patched than ditched. Hopefully more patches are on their way. I won´t buy the season pass unless they fix most of the games broken parts and MP will get more maps. 10-16 maps please. Also would be nice to have 8vs8 not just 6vs6
Same here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed