First Patch Notes

Started by ikarop, Feb 12, 2013, 08:23:14 PM

Author
First Patch Notes (Read 27,862 times)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 13, 2013, 03:19:04 AM
I think there are a lot of people having very different gameplay experiences due to the randomness and apparent instability of the AI. :-\ My campaign playthrough has actually been pretty tolerable, though the Aliens can get crowded or hung up and definitely show some weak programming.

My campaign was going fine until the later levels when I ran out of ammo and can't pick up any for some reason..... I guess its broken script. I am limited to pistol only and its pain in the ass sometimes. Just look at this

Full? What the hell man...

Nutlink

Nutlink

Are you out of ammo for everything?  Press B, then pick primary or secondary, and from there you can select what weapon you want in each spot.  I could be wrong, but I believe each weapon, including shotguns, use their own ammo type.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Yeah I am out of ammo for both PR and the Shotty and as you can see it says Shotgun Ammo on the box..

Nutlink

Nutlink

Yeah, but different shotguns use different ammo.  Hicks shotgun uses something other than the tactical, and the tactical uses something other than the pump, yet I believe their icons are still the same (except Hicks shows a star next to it like Hudsons pulse rifle ammo does).  I'm pretty sure that boxed shotgun ammo is for the tactical shotgun, while bandoliers are for the pump.

WinterActual

WinterActual

If thats the case how I am supposed to change my SP layout? I didn't find an option for that. I mean there's no button to set the weapons I want for the SP... I can upgrade the weapons so if I pick one of their kind they will be upgraded how I want but how do I choose my default SP weapons?

Nutlink

Nutlink

Like I said, press B, then click on primary or secondary.  It will let you change whatever weapon is in that slot to something else.  It only seems like  you can carry 2 weapons at a time, but you actually carry everything (except smartguns and flamethrowers).  The only thing the 2 weapon deal is used for is hotswapping weapons.

It's not very intuitive and it's a piss poor implementation, but once you figure it out ammo is no longer really an issue because you have access to every gun you have unlocked.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Omg yeah thanks. I totally forgot for the radial menu  :laugh:

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Xbox patch yet?

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 13, 2013, 10:55:41 AM
Xbox patch yet?

I got a 3MB one when I first put it in.

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

Currently playing on PC. Havent come across any of these 'issues' the reviews are talking about and have played SP for a good solid 3-4 hours so far. Poor AI? Playing on hardened difficulty I had a few groups of Aliens slip into corridores next to me to flank my position and have them always keeping me on my guard, in the open areas they swarm at me and are easy to kill but I did have a few good scares in the first few missions (havent finished the campaign yet only about half way through).

Graphically, the game looks fine to me. Maxed out settings on the PC and it looks great, at least as good as any other shooter out there that I have played, a few things look a little dated but overall no complaints.

Story wise, yeah it could be better but it still has me hooked. As a die hard fan of anything Aliens, I am enjoying the game. Maybe its just me that doesn't like to waste my time bitching about things in general but I don't know why so many people are ripping this game to shreads. I have played games much much more worse that have received higher review scores than this game.

Overall a solid 7/10 from me - Its not the greatest game in the world but it does have its moments. Love the little easter egg references from the movies
Spoiler
Finding Newts lost doll head in the sewer was a cool touch
[close]

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Quote from: Fujimaster on Feb 13, 2013, 12:31:47 PM
Poor AI? Playing on hardened difficulty I had a few groups of Aliens slip into corridores next to me to flank my position and have them always keeping me on my guard, in the open areas they swarm at me and are easy to kill but I did have a few good scares in the first few missions (havent finished the campaign yet only about half way through).

Probably either scripted event or just dumb luck by the AI.  99% of the time the aliens will attack you from the front and on the ground, partly because they're too stupid to do anything else and partly because they simply have no choice because they're in a corridor.

QuoteGraphically, the game looks fine to me. Maxed out settings on the PC and it looks great, at least as good as any other shooter out there that I have played, a few things look a little dated but overall no complaints.

Should have gone to spec-savers. This game looks absolutely nothing like some of the current generation of shooters.

QuoteStory wise, yeah it could be better but it still has me hooked. As a die hard fan of anything Aliens, I am enjoying the game.

And that sums it up. Gearbox could have sold you a turd with a "ALIENS" flag stuck in it and you'd still probably enjoy it as a "die hard" fan.

This game is "average" in every sense of the word.  If it didn't have the Aliens lisence attached to it, there would literally be no reason to buy it at all.  In its current state this game does not deserve anything higher than a 4-5/10. Average score for an average game.  Improvements to multiplayer could improve that but I wouldn't hold my breath.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 13, 2013, 07:46:41 AM
Yeah I am out of ammo for both PR and the Shotty and as you can see it says Shotgun Ammo on the box..

What about the pickup weapons, like HIcks shotgun or Frost's flamethrower? I had Hudson's Pulse Rifle and oddly enough, that one and my standard modified one had different ammo accounts... YOu should lok into that...

Cheers!

xenogenicide

xenogenicide

are they gonna add bots to offline mulltiplayer?

RedHood

RedHood

Quote from: pixelbaron on Feb 12, 2013, 08:56:14 PM
Yeah it costs somewhere around $40k to patch a console game.

That's for each patch after the first one.

Source

Wow, hopefully the DLCs have built in patches.

pixelbaron

pixelbaron

If DLCs have bug fixes they are going to get slammed again by the press and everyone else.

I sure as hell am not going to pay extra money on top of what I already paid to get a fixed game, or a complete game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed