Kradan

Kradan

Pfft, no

Put Name Here

Put Name Here

Interesting

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Having Amanda's husband chase aliens after her death makes it sound like she kept fighting the company until the day she died.

So it's completely within the realm of possibility that she was actually killed by the aliens or the company - or that she sacrificed herself dealing a blow to them. If any of those scenarios are true, there's no way Burke would be able to tell Ripley the truth about it. He'd be under company orders to present falsified info.

I have a feeling this book will provide a revelation like this, (and then the TV show will contradict it, because that's how this franchise works.)  :P

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Oct 15, 2021, 05:36:16 AM
I have a feeling this book will provide a revelation like this, (and then the TV show will contradict it, because that's how this franchise works.)  :P

Bingo

SiL

SiL

They'd tell Burke to cover that up and then let Burke try to claim the exclusive rights on the Aliens?

I mean yeah that's not the dumbest thing the EU has proposed yet.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Oct 15, 2021, 05:36:16 AM
So it's completely within the realm of possibility that she was actually killed by the aliens or the company - or that she sacrificed herself dealing a blow to them. If any of those scenarios are true, there's no way Burke would be able to tell Ripley the truth about it. He'd be under company orders to present falsified info.

It's more likely he just didn't know. That all he has access to and awareness of would be nothing.

QuoteI have a feeling this book will provide a revelation like this, (and then the TV show will contradict it, because that's how this franchise works.)  :P

To be fair, theatrical and expanded has always been very separated. It's just the way most franchises work.

Quote from: SiL on Oct 14, 2021, 12:59:25 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 14, 2021, 09:44:54 AMIt's not malicious. It's just incompetency. And you gotta be incompetent to rise in the ranks.
The number of times this would need to happen with how the Amanda storyline plays out for all of it to be gone by the time Ripley gets back would indicate a level of incompetence that would render the company completely nonfunctioning. We're not talking people in different offices working on redundant projects, we're talking space stations, colonies, thousands of staff. They'd go bankrupt.

I was referring more to Isolation in isolation there (:P). I don't remember Resistance or Rescue well enough to really comment with any certainty. That said, of course if they kept pushing it it'd jump the shark eventually. There's only so much Amanda's involvement can be stretched. 

SiL

SiL

They already jumped the shark/ WY wouldn't be the only ones investigating; Amanda would need to go in front of ECA and everyone else just like her mother.  :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

But we've already seen how many took her seriously when her mother when she was in that situation. Only Burke. If I remember rightly there was a lockdown on all communication from Sevestapol so no none official transmissions got out. Weyland would have conveniently lost incriminating evidence, and I'm not sure Seegson even knew of the Alien's presence so all they did was sell an aging and decommissioned station that burned up in the atmosphere after a malfunction.

SiL

SiL

Ripley's report was still taken by the different agencies, whether people believed it or not.

Feels like the kind of thing that would come up when looking into Ripley's next of kin. "Not recorded once in over 300 surveyed worlds, except that one time your daughter claimed exactly the same thing."  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Assuming that she returned for a deposition (again, I don't remember Resistance and Rescue well enough, and there's still time between Blackout and Resistance that is unaccounted for, but I believe she just set off on her anti-WY adventures straight away), and that the insane claims of a  single random are properly documented and locatable 40 odd years after the fact.

I'm not going to argue it doesn't sound like a stretch. But just because it sounds it, doesn't mean it's unrealistic either. Plenty of ways around either way. Stranger and stupider things happen in real life.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Oct 15, 2021, 06:08:01 AM
They'd tell Burke to cover that up and then let Burke try to claim the exclusive rights on the Aliens?

I mean yeah that's not the dumbest thing the EU has proposed yet.

Wasn't the Cold Forge already up and running around the same time that Burke was trying to get specimens from LV-426?  :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

Alex White is great and all but that idea from TCF was a bit "Whaaat ?" for me. As I've said previously, Burke never struck me as a man who would be at the top running special project trying to obtain Aliens. He always seemed more of sleazy corporate guy who've seen the opportunity and decided to act on his own. I know, there's whole thing about him sending Jordans to investigate Derelict but I've assumed he did it behind his superiors' back

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

His job title is literally "Special Projects Director" though.

Kradan

Kradan

In Aliens ? Well, f**k me, I guess, I disagree with Jimbo

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Yeah, it's printed on the business card that he gave to Ripley.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed