Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,244 times)

BlueMarsalis79

I like the idea of the Engineers merging with their biological mechanisms and becoming further and further abstracted from the human form.

But forget the Pathogen.

It does enough as it is.

[cancerblack]

Nah, the Alien is made of the goo. Their tech is made of the goo.

Spoiler
The goo is Yog-Sothoth jizz
[close]

BlueMarsalis79

I am going to have to persuade you otherwise somehow...

[cancerblack]

You will not.

BlueMarsalis79

Watch me.

judge death

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 07, 2021, 07:14:08 PM
I like the idea of the Engineers merging with their biological mechanisms and becoming further and further abstracted from the human form.

But forget the Pathogen.

It does enough as it is.
This! I wish they made the space jockey more alien and less humanoid, as that opens up the universe and makes it bigger and mysterious. Now we got slightly bigger humans, making the universe shrink, all species known are pretty much humans, like star trek which kills the excploration and mysterism of the world.

Need something that feels completely aliena nd strange to how humans work.

SM

SM

I don't get this "shrink" thing.

Like Arthur said "Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2021, 10:19:06 PM

You haven't spent enough time in the pool.

judge death

Like Arthur said "Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
Shrink: all species we have in the franchise are humanoid based, enginneers created humans, predators and the xenomorph creatures/black goo. so one species type that populate the universe, which to me make it a bit spartan and empty.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 07, 2021, 10:50:45 PM

You haven't spent enough time in the pool.

SM

SM

Ain't no pool cold enough.

Local Trouble

Or deep enough?

Nukiemorph

I could have sworn that I heard/read that the original intention behind the jockey in the chair was that they were a species that grew so dependent on their technology that they eventually evolved to become part of it.

I can't find where I heard this. Might have been on the blu-ray somewhere. Can anyone confirm this?

Before Prometheus, I ran with this and imagined every jockey being physically built into their jobs in sprawling Giger-esque cities.

[cancerblack]

It was certainly one of the more popular assumptions pre-suit-revelation.

SM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed