FOX's Line Between Pre & Post Canon

Started by Denton Smalls, Apr 13, 2018, 05:08:58 PM

Author
FOX's Line Between Pre & Post Canon (Read 5,101 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

My assumption is that Disney will acquire Alien.  Even if they don't, Ridley will inevitably stop making Alien movies sometime soon.  Hell, Disney may even decide that he's gone off the reservation and discard his ideas just like they did with Lucas' scripts for the sequel trilogy.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 16, 2018, 11:56:25 AM
My assumption is that Disney will acquire Alien.  If they do, Ridley will inevitably stop making Alien movies.  Hell, Disney may even decide that he's gone off the reservation and discard his ideas just like they did with Lucas.
Frankly I like this prediction, even if a lot of it is wishful thinking on my part.

Don't get me wrong, I like Prometheus and Covenant, I just think they'd have worked a whole lot better as separate sci-fi stories divorced from the "Alien IP". I think the two movies had a lot of great ideas that were hamstrung by the Alien IP, and it didn't do Ridley's "vision" or the Alien IP any favors by having them be connected.

Local Trouble

I edited my previous post for clarity.

I can't wait to get a copy of the first official Disney-branded SMTM.

Denton Smalls

I can't wait for post credit scenes on all future AvPs!

Local Trouble

Since Disney owns the gold standard in shared universes (the MCU), I really wouldn't be surprised to see them take another crack at AvP.

SM would then have to oversee Predator as well.  His power keeps growing by the day and he doesn't even have the job yet.  :o

Xenomrph

First he'd have to oversee Alien though. :P

Local Trouble

He might also be asked to help out with Star Wars from time to time.  Is SM up to that or would it be stretching him too thin?

Kailem

Kailem

SM for New Disney Overlord?

Xenomrph

He would go MAD WITH POWER.
Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 16, 2018, 03:39:30 PM
He might also be asked to help out with Star Wars from time to time.  Is SM up to that or would it be stretching him too thin?
I think he's got a day job. He also has a family, but I guess they could be "convinced" to help out.

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 16, 2018, 11:56:25 AM
My assumption is that Disney will acquire Alien.  Even if they don't, Ridley will inevitably stop making Alien movies sometime soon.  Hell, Disney may even decide that he's gone off the reservation and discard his ideas just like they did with Lucas' scripts for the sequel trilogy.

Assuming the sale goes through - which it likely will, though it hasn't as yet - it will include Alien.

SM for New Disney Overlord?

Local Trouble

Do you think you'd be able to answer fans' burning questions with short, cryptic tweets?

SM

SM

No.

Not on Twitter.

Local Trouble

Will you go all Hollywood on us and drop your last name like Cher or Madonna and call yourself S?  Will you move the entire M clan to Seppoland for your new job?  Will you take an extended hiatus from AvPG like you did last time and become totally inaccessible?

SM

SM

Yes.

Local Trouble

You're such a diva.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed