Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 30, 2016, 08:52:31 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel (Read 104,013 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 08, 2017, 07:53:01 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 08, 2017, 02:28:58 AM
But haven't there been stories about this Awakening thing that would feature David and Shaw?  Or was that mooted to be a Covenant sequel and not a prequel?

No-one really knows, I'm afraid. We've not had any straight forward information on what Awakening is yet.

Scott originally said that the next film would be a prequel to Alien: Covenant called Awakening. A lot of people assumed that the story would naturally follow the events with David and Shaw before the Covenant arrived. In a later interview Riddles said that Awakening was to have been the title of Blomkamp's stalled project.

So yeah, lots of confusion regarding this.

echobbase79

I'm still looking forward to this! I liked the crew of the Covenant so I think I'll enjoy this story.

Perfect-Organism

It sounds like it might be the "Cyberantics" of a new generation...

Evanus

Oh this is disappointing. I guess we will never know what exactly happened to Shaw before Covenant, then.

Nightmare Asylum

Nah I'm sure we will. I mean Covenant already gives us enough to know, but I understand the desire to have it visualized/explained more explicitly.

It is a story that might be better suited for a comic/graphic novel, anyways, where we can really see everything weird and strange that transpires in their voyage.

SM

Quote from: Evanus on Jun 08, 2017, 11:18:26 PM
Oh this is disappointing. I guess we will never know what exactly happened to Shaw before Covenant, then.

They flew to Planet 4 then David killed her.

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

I prefer this angle. Shaw's story deserves to end on the big screen.

I'm always interested in more company aspects anyway. It's a waste of potential to always exhibit WY as some faceless evil operating behind the scenes when they could be so much more.

Evanus

Quote from: SM on Jun 08, 2017, 11:51:39 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Jun 08, 2017, 11:18:26 PM

They flew to Planet 4 then David killed her.
True. :).

But I want to know exactly what happened. What they gave us in the film isn't enough for me.

SM

I'm sure they could make a whole movie out of it - but if they don't, no big deal.

Adorianu

Lol what a shit xD they should gave us more about Shaw and David.

Nightmare Asylum

Ridley probably has them labeled off limits.

Covenant started with a flashback. The next potential film could too. David's dream, perhaps, on board the Covenant.

MnTd

I love Alan Dean Foster's novels and I'm very excited and anxious to read what he has done with
this Covenant prequel novel. I never thought I'd say this but I have really lost faith in Ridley and the universe.
He keeps making major mistake after major mistake and worse yet, flip flopping.
Nothing he says can be trusted anymore it seems.

When he shot PROMETHEUS, he said he doesn't think he'll ever not shoot in 3D again and that it opens
up even dialog scenes and makes them better. When he shot PROMETHEUS, he had the sense to see
that the CGI Fifield looked like a cartoon so he opted for the real version. He also has constantly said that
CGI looks fake, explosions are too big to be believed, etc. - So what does he do?!?!
He shoots ALIEN COVENANT in 2D and with barely any actualy real creature f/x, just a bunch of cartoon
creatures hopping and dancing their way through another cgi shitfest.

SO... I am very much hoping to at least read a decent novel and get some of the old flavoring back
on my taste buds of what's actually good about the series. It seems to me that almost everyone but
Ridley is an ALIEN fan. Ridley, however, seems like he's trying to erase his legacy. Everything cool
about ALIEN he runs from, fearing repeating himself or whatever, instead of just doing what works.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: MnTd on Jun 09, 2017, 02:29:28 PM
I love Alan Dean Foster's novels and I'm very excited and anxious to read what he has done with
this Covenant prequel novel. I never thought I'd say this but I have really lost faith in Ridley and the universe.
He keeps making major mistake after major mistake and worse yet, flip flopping.
Nothing he says can be trusted anymore it seems.

When he shot PROMETHEUS, he said he doesn't think he'll ever not shoot in 3D again and that it opens
up even dialog scenes and makes them better. When he shot PROMETHEUS, he had the sense to see
that the CGI Fifield looked like a cartoon so he opted for the real version. He also has constantly said that
CGI looks fake, explosions are too big to be believed, etc. - So what does he do?!?!
He shoots ALIEN COVENANT in 2D and with barely any actualy real creature f/x, just a bunch of cartoon
creatures hopping and dancing their way through another cgi shitfest.

SO... I am very much hoping to at least read a decent novel and get some of the old flavoring back
on my taste buds of what's actually good about the series. It seems to me that almost everyone but
Ridley is an ALIEN fan. Ridley, however, seems like he's trying to erase his legacy. Everything cool
about ALIEN he runs from, fearing repeating himself or whatever, instead of just doing what works.

Everything cool about Alien, is Aliens.  Ridley Scott is running away from that as if it were a. Xenomorph chasing him.  He is all about securing his own legacy at this point.  He already stated that the only films he likes in the series are his own.  He doesn't seem to care about someone else's work even if it was superb.  I get the sense that he is on the verge of throwing James Cameron's film under the bus.  Marbles.  Missing.  Presumed lost.

whiterabbit

Oh wow totally forgot about the literature forum... hi guys. Short of it all, I take Awaking is saying "Engineers on Earth".

Ultramorph

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 09, 2017, 09:51:05 PM
Oh wow totally forgot about the literature forum... hi guys. Short of it all, I take Awaking is saying "Engineers on Earth".

Maybe. I'll need an interesting twist like that to make me really care at this point. I'll still buy it, but I'm not enthusiastic anymore. Why call it Origins? Was it originally supposed to be about David and Shaw but Ridley Alien 5-ed it and said no?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed