Aliens: Aftermath #1 (Marvel, One-Shot)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Apr 19, 2021, 06:13:38 PM

Author
Aliens: Aftermath #1 (Marvel, One-Shot) (Read 15,333 times)

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1384197644294053896

I certainly hope that Hadley's Hope isn't still standing in this. It should be utterly disintegrated.

Kailem

That Alien:

Xiggz456

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 19, 2021, 06:13:38 PM

I certainly hope that Hadley's Hope isn't still standing in this. It should be utterly disintegrated.

First one-shot! Nice find NA!

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 19, 2021, 06:13:38 PM

I think the cover makes it clear that the whole colony won't be disintegrated, I just hope it's more damaged than in Colonial Marines - fully functional with a few holes in the walls.

A quick Google search of Dave Wacther didn't lead me to any controversies...

Kradan

Kradan

So it's glowing ?

ok

Artist seems to be a bit more promising than what we've had with Marvel so far

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Noto is a great artist. It would be cool to see him actually on one of these books, rather than just a cover.

I don't know if it is intentional, but since this comic is in celebration of Aliens' 35th anniversary, the white Alien on the cover actually made me think a bit of the drones in Cameron's script.

BlueMarsalis79

It's probably just artistic license considering the cover of Infiltrator.

Or perhaps... get this!

It's a ghost Alien we'll be exploring the ruins of Hadley's Hope with as it's narrated with the cadence of Vincent Price as it tells us of it's past life, hopes and regrets and lost love, before an emotional end when it goes to rest forever.

Corporal Hicks

Interesting that they're revisiting Hadley's Hope. Wonder if that might be getting a little too old hat. But the whole journalistic angle is interesting. Interested to see how that plays out. Curious to see if they're throwing out River of Pain/Fire and Stone, or leaning into that.

BlueMarsalis79

I'm curious how it might do either in your opinion considering the story's timeframe.

Xenomrph

Colonial Marines is BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS!!!

BlueMarsalis79

Yes a monster with no soul wanting that makes sense. 

razeak

Turk is upon us!

426Buddy

ffs

Back at Hadley's Hope with a glowing alien? April fools day was over two weeks ago Marvel.

Nightmare Asylum

The "glowing Alien" could very well just be the cover. Noto's a go-to guy at Marvel for really nice, stylized covers that also kind of exaggerate whatever lies in the contents of the book itself (and his covers often tend to be better than the internal art, to boot). I'm very ok with the Alien on this cover.

I'm worried about a return expedition to LV-426 in which there is still rubble from Hadley's Hope laying about, however.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed