AvPG Previews Alien Isolation

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 10, 2014, 06:31:40 PM

Author
AvPG Previews Alien Isolation (Read 47,870 times)

gabgrave

gabgrave

Err, bullet size does not equal penetrative power. Round type does.

Predatorium

Predatorium

Do you see guys? Do you see what the sequels have done to it? It's a breathing, scimpering, easy-to-kill animal. Not so alien in its' characteristics at all. I hope Alien Isolation totally ignores all the sequels weakening changes to the once very definition of a truly perfect organism!

Space Voyager

Quote from: Predatorium on Mar 06, 2014, 01:10:38 PMtruly perfect organism!

Oh come on...

Nightlord

Nightlord

No not the sequels, it was killable in the first. However the crew wouldn't risk it because of the acid blood. The alien was never intended to be invincible.

Mus

Mus

That was the whole reason it has acid blood, they could just shoot it, but then it would f**k their ship up

RobThom

RobThom

I'm actually kind of warming up to this Alien Isolation.

If you just disregard any pretense that its any kind of "canon" (the devs were smart to mention that themselves),
and just take it for its own merits as a stand alone experience,
its got things that I like.

The Cobb/Alien styled environments.
Moebius suits.
Un-emphasis on run and gun.

And although playing as Ripleys daughter having an encounter with an Alien seems somewhat absurd,
its good enough for videogame logic.

The Alien is closer to Gigers,
but altered towards gameplay functionality.
Its not a reboot, remake or prequel.
Its not in 3D.

And judging from Rockstar and the GT franchise,
them Scots can pull off a good game when they want to.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: gabgrave on Mar 05, 2014, 11:04:26 AM
Err, bullet size does not equal penetrative power. Round type does.

That's what was said.

Aliens body armor stops standard rounds.

elmen

elmen

I canĀ“t wait to see more of this game...
Will be awesome.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: RobThom on Mar 12, 2014, 03:58:19 PM
I'm actually kind of warming up to this Alien Isolation.

If you just disregard any pretense that its any kind of "canon" (the devs were smart to mention that themselves),
and just take it for its own merits as a stand alone experience,
its got things that I like.

The Cobb/Alien styled environments.
Moebius suits.
Un-emphasis on run and gun.

And although playing as Ripleys daughter having an encounter with an Alien seems somewhat absurd,
its good enough for videogame logic.

The Alien is closer to Gigers,
but altered towards gameplay functionality.
Its not a reboot, remake or prequel.
Its not in 3D.

And judging from Rockstar and the GT franchise,
them Scots can pull off a good game when they want to.

Uh...

It's not made by Rockstar, thank f**k too.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Based on everything the devs have talked about and all the interviews and first impressions with the game at this point in its dev process, it sounds like an interactive version of Alien. For me, a huge fan of the first film, who thinks that as a horror film, Alien does it much better than Aliens in that regard, this is like a dream come true. I still think the demo is little more than a peripheral first glance at an incomplete game, but even so, it looks great and you can tell they've really done their homework in regards to the look an sound of the game. If the demo makes anything clear, it's this. In regards to the gameplay and the plot, I think it's to o early to say and they might keep that under wraps until October. Can't say I blame them. You want people to be surprised, but at the same time, given the supposed random nature of the Alien's behavior, it will be impossible to predict. You'll only know its intent, but that first response to the game upon release is important all the same.

Regardless of how they handle it -- official demo or no, in-depth accounts of the plot, characters and story or not -- I think the game will gain tremendous respect among Alien fans overnight, but will be more to slow to come around to people who have been raised on nothing but Aliens. It's an annoying trend how much people love Aliens, and I hope if anything that this game breaks that and shows people the first first is just as strong, if not stronger, in its own right.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed