Neill Blomkamp Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art

Started by RidgeTop, Dec 27, 2017, 04:04:57 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art (Read 75,764 times)

The Old One

The Old One

You're right, I was wrong.

I'm mainly refering to the "cleaner" environments, in terms of not being as busy as the Nostromo.
& Flatter, less angular surfaces. The vents in Hadley's Hope is a primary example of this.

Perhaps what I should say is that Aliens isn't as visually interesting to me personally as the other two films I mentioned.
But that's maybe just more so JC's shooting than what he shoots.

Stitch

I'd say Alien, Aliens & Alien 3 all had a consistent thematic feel. Resurrection felt like a comic book, and Prometheus felt too clinical and advanced.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 11, 2018, 10:00:02 PM
You're right, I was wrong.

QuoteI'm mainly refering to the "cleaner" environments, in terms of not being as busy as the Nostromo.
& Flatter, less angular surfaces. The vents in Hadley's Hope is a primary example of this.

Perhaps what I should say is that Aliens isn't as visually interesting to me personally as the other two films I mentioned.
But that's maybe just more so JC's shooting than what he shoots.

Yeah, Jim's films doesn't have Ridley's degree and amount of "layering".

Gilfryd

Quote from: Stitch on Oct 12, 2018, 01:49:28 PMI'd say Alien, Aliens & Alien 3 all had a consistent thematic feel.

Repeating what has been said ad nauseam for almost 30 years but 3 always felt like an odd jump in both look and feel to me right from the opening. Cameron did an admirable job bridging the gap between Scott's film and his so it's more than a little jarring to see Fincher bypass Cameron's film almost entirely to get to his version of that world. I get why some like it but you can almost imagine the Narcissus crashing on Fury 161, with an Alien onboard somehow, and not much would change story wise.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Gilfryd on Oct 13, 2018, 06:29:45 PM
Repeating what has been said ad nauseam for almost 30 years but 3 always felt like an odd jump in both look and feel to me right from the opening. Cameron did an admirable job bridging the gap between Scott's film and his so it's more than a little jarring to see Fincher bypass Cameron's film almost entirely to get to his version of that world.

As a fan of all three, I do indeed concur with this.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 13, 2018, 08:00:16 PM
Quote from: Gilfryd on Oct 13, 2018, 06:29:45 PM
Repeating what has been said ad nauseam for almost 30 years but 3 always felt like an odd jump in both look and feel to me right from the opening. Cameron did an admirable job bridging the gap between Scott's film and his so it's more than a little jarring to see Fincher bypass Cameron's film almost entirely to get to his version of that world.

As a fan of all three, I do indeed concur with this.

Yes, even I am a fan of Alien 3, though would still prefer a different direction.  But the above statement sums it up.  Cameron went as far as putting the spear-gun at the door of the Narcissus, whereas the Sulaco of Alien 3 doesn't even have the same interior as that of the ship in Aliens.  Simply put, Cameron was respectful and reverent of Scott, while the brain-trust of Alien 3 just stomped on the predecessors' work.

The Old One

The Old One

I LOVE Alien³'s opening.

SM

It's sloppy.

Great music, but.

D. Compton Ambrose

Alien³, Aliens and Alien are pretty consistent. The main place it diverges is with Alien Resurrection, but that may be due to them being 200 years in the future.

Prometheus and Covenant though? It almost feels like a different universe at times.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: D. Compton Ambrose on Nov 15, 2018, 04:45:48 PM
Prometheus and Covenant though? It almost feels like a different universe at times.

Indeed.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: D. Compton Ambrose on Nov 15, 2018, 04:45:48 PM
Alien³, Aliens and Alien are pretty consistent. The main place it diverges is with Alien Resurrection.

^

Local Trouble

The Old One

The Old One

Everything else.

Oasis Nadrama

What's the problem with the Alien 3 egg? Seems like a private joke between you, or possibly in the forum, but I think it looks good.  :o

426Buddy

426Buddy

The egg makes no sense and there is a thread here with hundreds of pages of people arguing how it got where it is. The answer is that there is no feasable or logical way for the egg to be where it is unless you do an incredible amount of mental gymnastics.

Visually I think it does look really cool though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed