PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Sep 24, 2015, 04:24:48 PM

Author
PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST (Read 56,653 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

An alternate Alien 3 (or Aliens sequel if you prefer) won't need to undo the existing Alien 3 and 4. It can happily co-exist with 3 and 4 and allow people to choose which continuity they prefer. If he was planning to screw around with the events that happened in Alien 3 (like ACM did) in order to fit his story in then it would be a different matter. Or relegating 3 and 4 to being mere dreams.

I don't see how anyone is "beating about the bush on it". The film is still in the early stages of production and a certain amount of secrecy around the details of the plot is to be expected. They are under no obligation what-so-ever to tell us anything.

Mr. Clemens

I'd just like to know who put their hand up and said that ALIEN needed explaining in the first place. I'm all for new movies in that universe, but why do we have to know what the space jockey was? Or why his ship was on the planet? Or why Parker wears a blue headband?

The best parts of Prometheus were when it was doing its on thing, and I was really hoping for more of that.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Sep 25, 2015, 05:20:18 PM
Or why Parker wears a blue headband?

Well, apparently Alien: Paradise Lost will have some connection with Ripley according to an interview Empire magazine had with Ridley Scott.

Quote from: Ridley ScottPrometheus is actually taking us off course from where I'm going, which is actually backing into the first Alien... I've even got connections with Ripley [in this], but I'm not telling you what."

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=45507

He also mentions Blomkamp's film and says it's still going ahead. Next up in fact.

T Dog

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 25, 2015, 05:44:07 PM
Or why Parker wears a blue headband?

Well, apparently Alien: Paradise Lost will have some connection with Ripley according to an interview Empire magazine had with Ridley Scott.

Quote from: Ridley ScottPrometheus is actually taking us off course from where I'm going, which is actually backing into the first Alien... I've even got connections with Ripley [in this], but I'm not telling you what."

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=45507

He also mentions Blomkamp's film and says it's still going ahead. Next up in fact.

Oh jesus, not young rookie prequel Ripley. Please god no, just no......

Thomas

i actually could not care what they call it, but i still dont understand what would be so awful aobut calling it

"Prometeus - Paradise lost"

or even just

"Paradise Lost"

I also seem to recall that this new thing "Prometeus" would not be connected with Alien and would be moving even futher away from Alien, which in my opinion is absolutly unnecessary. The Pilots were bio engineers. Plural, which means there "weapons" proberly have several forms of "infectious stages" and by that logic we´ve only seen some of the outcomes of one of there weapons.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 25, 2015, 05:54:42 PM
just no......

Well, according to Fox you can't have an Alien movie without Ripley in it. Or even a video game or novel it seems.  :P

irn

I'd just like to know who put their hand up and said that ALIEN needed explaining in the first place. I'm all for new movies in that universe, but why do we have to know what the space jockey was? Or why his ship was on the planet?

This x 1000. I honestly think this is the painful end to a franchise we've loved for decades.

hfeldhaus

Ridley Scott Reveals Major ALIEN: PARADISE LOST Details On 'Ripley', 'Xenomorphs', And More.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=125357

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Sep 25, 2015, 06:53:27 PM
Ridley Scott Reveals Major ALIEN: PARADISE LOST Details On 'Ripley', 'Xenomorphs', And More.

All around exciting. I'm still optimistic for these films. It's good to hear some actual information from Scott himself.

Valaquen

Quote"I've even got connections with Ripley [in this.]"

Whhy.

Never say no to Panda!

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 25, 2015, 12:42:39 PM
I repeat:

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 25, 2015, 07:37:36 AMI'm waiting for it to come from the horse's mouth. And it hasn't.

Seriously, he can "seem to deliberately convey" whatever he wants, until he just outright says it, who knows what's going on.

Remember when Prometheus 2 was apparently gonna have nothing to do with Alien, and now they've literally called it Alien?

He pretty much has said it, he making the movie following Alien and Aliens. When he says 'I'm trying to undo Alien 3 and Resurrection" it doesn't means he'll acknowledge their events and connect his film to them, what he meant is he's not trying to erase them from existence, he simply wants to make the film he wants to follow Aliens.

Seeing Hicks in the concept art shows it doesn't explore the timeline where he dies. Its very unlikely this will be Alien 5 and just a retcon.

Though by a slim chance it could change. By some mere chance a fox executive or Ridley demands that he finds some way to connect it to Alien 3 in some form he'd have no choice other than to comply, but he'd probably leave the project if there are too changes made to his dream film.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 25, 2015, 02:03:22 PM
An alternate Alien 3 (or Aliens sequel if you prefer) won't need to undo the existing Alien 3 and 4. It can happily co-exist with 3 and 4 and allow people to choose which continuity they prefer.

Yes to this.. I am perfectly alright with this and it would cement we have alternate timelines or a multiverse. Or at the very least, just an alternate continuity. I am more than perfectly okay with this.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 25, 2015, 02:03:22 PM
If he was planning to screw around with the events that happened in Alien 3 (like ACM did) in order to fit his story in then it would be a different matter. Or relegating 3 and 4 to being mere dreams.

I am not okay with this, especially the dream part. Trying to write around Alien 3 and Resurrection is a Herculean feat without the plot devices such as time travel or even going the Bobby Ewing route-- dreams. I would prefer that he simply just ignore Alien 3 and Resurrection, and make no references to them. See... writing Alien 3 and Resurrection off would be worse than ignoring them. If they were written off as dreams, it would be the cheapest cop out in the franchise-- it would perhaps insult the audience, and maybe even make those who invested the continuity of Alien 3 feel like their time was wasted.

We're getting connections to Ripley... What?

Are we getting an ancestor to Ripley or something?

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Sep 25, 2015, 07:36:15 PM
She's the Chosen One  :o

Something tells me we're going to see a bio-mechanical statue or giant face in he likeness of Sigourney Weaver. I kid of course but.. stranger things have happened.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Forgive me - I imagine I'll be throwing up numerous replies over the next few minutes as I read through the thread.

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 24, 2015, 07:09:12 PM
So the Prometheus sequel will be titled Alien: Paradise Lost, but it will feature no connections at all to Alien.  Is anybody else getting mixed signals here?  Unless proven otherwise, I really get the feeling that Ridley is trying to milk the Alien franchise's logo rather than tell a decent story.

As I said on Facebook - you don't know it wont feature Aliens. It's starting to look very much like the Aliens will play some important role in this.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 24, 2015, 07:28:12 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Sep 24, 2015, 07:09:12 PMUnless proven otherwise, I really get the feeling that Ridley is trying to milk the Alien franchise's logo rather than tell a decent story.

Given what a u-turn this is from "the sequels will move even further away from Alien", I'm inclined to agree.

I'm more inclined to think it's either the studio realising the Prometheus brand is too tainted or it's an honest move to reconnect more directly to Alien like it should have always done.

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 24, 2015, 08:38:05 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 24, 2015, 08:32:50 PM
Quote from: Ephemer Nine on Sep 24, 2015, 08:31:16 PMHmmm...I have mixed feelings. 'Paradise Lost' is a great title, but I'm not really sure how I feel about the 'Alien'. It seems conturbed when placed in the series' continuity...I understand it from a marketing point, but it just doesn't sound right.

Agreed, calling it simply Paradise Lost would be a thousand times better.

^This, the only thing adding "Alien" to the title will do is piss Alien fans off when they find out there's nothing "Alien" at all in the film.  To be blunt, Prometheus should never have been a spin-off/prequel to Alien; it could have been a nice film set in its own world but the moment Alien is added to the mix, it became a convoluted mess.  I guess Riddles couldn't help adding a sales marketing gimmick to 2x the audience for his film.

Don't agree with you at all there. Prometheus is an Alien film without the Alien. It was a Space Jockey film. The film being a mess had nothing to with any inclusion with the Alien story. It was a mess because Lindelof butchered a coherent tie-in to Alien.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 25, 2015, 10:11:53 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 25, 2015, 10:01:31 AMAlso does anyone remember the report that came out a year and a bit ago saying Prometheus 2 was going to be more Alienish......

No. Literally every report said the sequel was going to be less Alien... because that's what Ridley repeatedly said. That's why I'm so concerned by this apparent u-turn.

The last we heard of that was almost a year ago though. It's not unlikely one of the writers put him back onto Alien.

Okayyyyy and I'm all caught up!

Right...interesting! I never thought the removal of direct connections to the Aliens was an issue for Prometheus. I always thought it was the haphazard way it was done. All the elements to the proto-Aliens and Aliens were still in Prometheus but they had little context to them. They were there, they functioned like the Aliens because...well, just because.

That said...I'm excited to see more Alien films coming. We don't know how or when this turnabout in story came to be. It's going to be down to studio (the Prometheus brand isn't profitable/marketable enough) or Ridley/someone turned back towards Alien and said it was more interesting.

I think we all need to stop Chicken Littling until we find out more information. However, as usual I try to remain cautiously optimistic.

Darkness

My guess is they'll simplify the whole Black Liquid scenario and we'll find out the Engineers are directly creating xenomorphs for weapons on their planet. The Deacon creature was just an accident that didn't make a whole lot of sense. I don't see how he can stretch this idea out for another two prequels after this one though. The movies have to feature more humans than just Shaw and David.

As for the Ripley connections, no idea. Depends how far they jump ahead in the sequels. Ripley's just a young girl at this point. Maybe they meet somebody with a connection to her.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed