Climate Change Thread

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Apr 13, 2022, 01:43:28 AM

Author
Climate Change Thread (Read 3,029 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

As for the original In a Nutshell video, it has a few flaws and perspective distortions that taint the quality of the video that was noted and explored by other researching YouTubers. I'd say it's too optimistic that companies and out of control capitalism like it is now will save us.

What makes me sad is that so many companies now are doing token green stuff on the surface that when researched deeper has no positive effect. There's too much dishonest pandering (like with other social groups and situations that need help and aren't receiving the help they need) which ironically not only does it not do anything impactfully good, it also causes the more conservatives to be even more skeptical about green policy. They lump all possible policies together, from the ineffectual company pandering to token gestures by local governments to even possibly true impactful changes on the state level, and therefore think it's all a scam.

What's sad in my part of the world where I'm living right now, especially a lot of people from 45 and older would rather believe that the worsening climate and more frequent natural disasters are cause the WEST (mostly the USA) are controlling the weather and doing these things on purpose... :laugh: Completely ignoring the fact that all across the world we're having worse and worse weather, even USA with crazy hurricanes on the coasts, earthquakes, Texas had that freak snowstorm, wildfires, and the tornados in the central region. To me, it's sad what some people will believe. And so they'll ignore the problems and the corruption between megacompanies and countries that made this situation the way it is during their own lifetime.   

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

f**king roasting here in October.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 10, 2023, 08:05:55 PMf**king roasting here in October.

And it's been raining here for an entire year.

ralfy

ralfy

Around 70 pct of mining equipment, up to 50 pct of manufacturing energy resources, and the bulk of shipping involve fossil fuels, not to mention petrochemicals. That means oil is critical for industrialization (including manufacture of renewable energy components which have low energy returns and quantity), and much of humanity is still industrializing, while those who industrialized are counting on them to produce and consume more so that their own incomes and returns on investment will continue rising.

Meanwhile, what affects oil also affects copper, uranium, etc.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Blackdawn

Blackdawn

Quote from: Still Collating... on Oct 10, 2023, 07:19:08 PMAs for the original In a Nutshell video, it has a few flaws and perspective distortions that taint the quality of the video that was noted and explored by other researching YouTubers. I'd say it's too optimistic that companies and out of control capitalism like it is now will save us.

What makes me sad is that so many companies now are doing token green stuff on the surface that when researched deeper has no positive effect. There's too much dishonest pandering (like with other social groups and situations that need help and aren't receiving the help they need) which ironically not only does it not do anything impactfully good, it also causes the more conservatives to be even more skeptical about green policy. They lump all possible policies together, from the ineffectual company pandering to token gestures by local governments to even possibly true impactful changes on the state level, and therefore think it's all a scam.

What's sad in my part of the world where I'm living right now, especially a lot of people from 45 and older would rather believe that the worsening climate and more frequent natural disasters are cause the WEST (mostly the USA) are controlling the weather and doing these things on purpose... :laugh: Completely ignoring the fact that all across the world we're having worse and worse weather, even USA with crazy hurricanes on the coasts, earthquakes, Texas had that freak snowstorm, wildfires, and the tornados in the central region. To me, it's sad what some people will believe. And so they'll ignore the problems and the corruption between megacompanies and countries that made this situation the way it is during their own lifetime.   

The problem is society as a collective. People in general preach about how they support going green but don't physically contribute. Most just pay an extra fee for their trash and don't use plastic.

It's possible for everyone to be on solar and turbine power, but that involves everyone pitching in and maintaining their independent unit. People don't want to do that though. People like the idea of going solar but want it as a button where they hit and magic happens, they don't want to manage their own batteries, fix their solar panels or maintain their surge protectors and where the power circulated (forgot what that's called).

Other issue with going solar is the government just flat out doesn't like it. Many people here in states have gone solar but can't use their system because the government cracked down on more taxes just to use it. Same thing with electric vehicles, states are wanting to apply more tax for electric vehicle drivers as the state will be missing out on their gas taxes.

We will never truly be able to go green because basically no one is truly willing to do it.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Eal

Eal

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 29, 2023, 05:32:02 PMhttps://twitter.com/EarthAccounting/status/1729183308842422445
Interesting. So basically: "Here human, this spot isn't as sucky or climate-affected to plant tomatoes, so pick this area and you'll get more yield"?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed