10min Alien Covenant Footage From Alien Day Screenings

Started by iain, Apr 27, 2017, 08:33:23 PM

Author
10min Alien Covenant Footage From Alien Day Screenings (Read 37,240 times)

whiterabbit

So is this a virus or not. I don't want an alien to monitorburst from my screen!

echobbase79

Quote from: salomonj on Apr 27, 2017, 09:06:24 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 27, 2017, 08:59:45 PM

Someone told me that the
Spoiler
throat burster
[close]
made them feel sick when they saw it.
yeah did you watch it or saving for theaters?

Saving for theaters. I just watched when the drop ship broke off from the Covenant. Why's there always a storm happening when these ships go in for a landing?

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 27, 2017, 09:06:56 PM
So is this a virus or not. I don't want an alien to monitorburst from my screen!

No virus.

whiterabbit

Oh and btw guys, you can use alt + the numpad keys to rotate video in mpc. Just an fyi. alt + 1 to go left, 5 to reset, etc.

SpeedyMaxx

Just found the footage right-side up on FB. Impressive so far.

Can't tell who to root for more in that ugly situation, Karine or Faris. I do like Amy Seimetz (Faris) a lot from other work and she is great in the opening landing sequence

NickisSmart

I watched it. I liked it. Mostly.

Enoch

theDecline84

WOW ;D anyone else hungry?  :laugh:

echobbase79

So do these burstings top the original?

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I am still very iffy on the creative direction overall, but that neomorph sequence is exactly the level of horror and suspense the franchise has needed back for a long time. Really impressive from top to bottom.

I don't think it tops the original chestburster in terms of intensity but it's still quite gross. I was incredibly impressed with the little creature that emerges. I do think they skimped a little on showing what it did to Karine, but that may just be the cut for the preview or the quality of the handheld recording (which is HD, but still recorded off the screen).

Also: Excellent music, especially when the neomorph emerges.

NickisSmart

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 27, 2017, 09:19:33 PM

So do these burstings top the original?

Well, I'm a gorehound, and when I saw them, I burst (no pun intended) out laughing and cried to myself "That is f**king awesome!"

Straight-up nasty. But the quality of the footage is not the best. Still, it's good enough to see most of what's happening and it's gnarly with a capital G. However, the chest-bursting scene in Alien happens without warning and in Alien: Covenant, because the subjects who 'burst" are sick as dogs for 3-4 minutes leading up to the big moment, it's not exactly a surprise in the same sense. Still, super-gross.

Stanley

Do they mostly come out at night?   Mostly?

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: NickisSmart on Apr 27, 2017, 09:23:00 PM
Well, I'm a gorehound, and when I saw them, I burst (no pun intended) out laughing and cried to myself "That is f**king awesome!"

Straight-up nasty. But the quality of the footage is not the best.

On the version I saw you could enhance it to HD - far from ideal in a tiny box off the screen, but still pretty detailed.

whiterabbit

It wasn't as violent as I thought it was going to be but oh man those little neomorphs are f**king great! Plus the effects clearly weren't finished, plus the video is cam-quality.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Quote from: Enoch on Apr 27, 2017, 09:15:00 PM
Quote from: NickisSmart on Apr 27, 2017, 09:13:57 PM
I watched it. I liked it. Mostly.

Mostly? :D

Spoiler
I thought the neomorphs looked rather digital, and not entirely in a convincing way. But this could just be the footage I watched. It is no doubt incomplete footage. And cam-quality (though today's phone cameras are admittedly pretty powerful).
[close]

I can post a quick video (under 5 minutes long) and give my impressions, if people like.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed