Anyone watch Football? NFL that is :)

Started by Nostromo, Aug 24, 2016, 10:36:13 AM

Author
Anyone watch Football? NFL that is :) (Read 29,100 times)

Voodoo Magic

All I was thinking with Patriots obtaining Brown was wow, the rich do keep on getting richer.

So glad my Eagles beat them in the Super Bowl a couple of seasons ago.  :)

Rankles75

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 08, 2019, 12:03:24 PM
All I was thinking with Patriots obtaining Brown was wow, the rich do keep on getting richer.

Not an Eagles fan, but that was a good night... :)

Can't even really get mad at the Patriots at this point, I suspect most teams do shady shit to try and get ahead of the competition. New England just happen to be considerably better at it than anyone else.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Rankles75 on Sep 08, 2019, 12:23:57 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 08, 2019, 12:03:24 PM

Not an Eagles fan, but that was a good night... :)

Can't even really get mad at the Patriots at this point, I suspect most teams do shady shit to try and get ahead of the competition. New England just happen to be considerably better at it than anyone else.

Yeah a year or two ago I found it surprising to hear that Tom Brady was only middle-of-the-pack in Quarterback pay. I was like, really? Doing some searches revealed allegations that Brady owns Tom Brady brick & mortar stores and the Patriots are circumventing the salary cap by allowing Tom to sell Patriots license branding for basically nothing, valued at millions, and when you add that to Brady's pay he's the top paid Quarterback in the NFL, without the cap hit. 

I might not be remembering all the details in the allegations correctly but I just remember shaking my head.

razeak

NFL bores me. I like the Panthers and Cowboys though.

I love college ball. I'm a WVU Mountaineer fan.  It's going to be a long year.

I coach Jr. High football and a youth football team (5/6 grades), and I'm the president of the same youth league which is 3-6 grade.

Wrestling is my favorite sport though. I coach a youth team and Jr. High for that too.

Kimarhi

I've watched University of Kentucky football since 2002.

Growing up I didn't really have an interest in sports at all until randomly I did.  It was odd.  I just woke up one day and watched UK play and have been a fan ever since.  And those were some lean years.  They were put on scholarship restriction in the SEC down to 59 players which is essentially a death sentence because even if you get good starters if you have no depth in the SEC you'll get destroyed.

Rich Brooks brought the program up to bowl heights at the end of his tenure, only to hand it off to a former top assistant and recruiter who IMMEDIATELY tanked the program.

Stoops has slowly plugged along, recruited well and now has the program contending in the SEC east, even though we did just lose our starting QB to a serious knee injury.  So we'll have to wait and see what goes on there.

Professionally I've always followed Dallas because that was the team my Dad always watched even though I'm closest to the Tennesse Titans, so I halfway follow them as well. 

Not so much a fan of the NFL as I am a watcher of my UK guys and their success in the pros.  Watching the cowboys will be better now that they have Randall Cobb and Chris Westry (who is expected to contribute in the future).   

Local Trouble

Already another shit season for the Canes...

Kimarhi

Our starting QB went down for the rest of the year a knee injury.  Our backup threw two td's in limited time so maybe he can hang in against Florida this weekend. 

We lost all of out starting secondary last season to graduation/draft so this will also be their real test.  D line even without Josh Allen has been steady and we just got a transfer linebacker from Florida State cleared to play.

Dallas and the Titans looked good last weekend, but its hard to tell anything after game 1 after the way the teams treat the preseason now. 

SM

SM

The Titans?  I remember them.

Kimarhi

i see what u did there

Rankles75

Antonio Brown now being accused of rape by his personal trainer, you couldn't script this stuff...

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Rankles75 on Sep 11, 2019, 02:11:38 PM
Antonio Brown now being accused of rape by his personal trainer, you couldn't script this stuff...

It's a civil lawsuit, right? Three incidents between 2017 & 2018 including rape. Was it revealed why she didn't go to the police?

Rankles75

Quote from: Rankles75 on Sep 08, 2019, 10:14:54 AM
Yeah, sorry but this whole Antonio Brown situation reeks to high heaven. Clearly arranged weeks in advance between him and the Patriots, now watch as this supposedly uncontrollable nutjob behaves like a choirboy for the rest of the season...  ::)

Well, that aged well! :D :D :D

Chiefs v 49ers should be a fun Super Bowl, certainly better than last season's non-event.

Voodoo Magic

Rooting for Chiefs all the way.  Those fans are due!

Kimarhi

I was rooting for both the Titans and Green Bay simply because of the U of K players on the rosters but this should be the most entertaining matchup. 
Don't have a preference really but I'll go with KC simply for historical reasons. 

Local Trouble

Should Kentucky get an NFL expansion team?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed