Noomi Rapace talks about Prometheus 2

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Oct 19, 2014, 09:39:19 PM

Author
Noomi Rapace talks about Prometheus 2 (Read 3,191 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Cvalda

The long and short of it: she doesn't know anything.

First Blood

Quote from: Cvalda on Oct 19, 2014, 09:49:48 PM
The long and short of it: she doesn't know anything.

But she looks great as a blonde.

SM

SM

QuoteNoomi Rapace talks about Prometheus 2

And says little.

oduodu

maybe the old space jockey ? cthulian type creature ?? tentacled mouth reaching from another dimension ??

Lord Freezer

New enemies will be engineers of the engineers :D ... much larger and bad! In the universe of Prometheus I'd like to see different humanoids evolved in different planets, all humans but all different in height, skin color and dissemination of the hair.

Topazora

Topazora

Monsters left over in the ship that come out of stasis and start chasing Naomi around the ship, probably another engineer who was also left in stasis.  Then the movie ends on an esoteric note when she finally arrives at the engineers' current resident planet.  I'd imagine the monster would probably be like the shoggoth, maybe, just taking into consideration the black goop in the containers and we don't exactly have much in the way of hosts.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Lord Freezer on Oct 20, 2014, 08:03:31 AM
In the universe of Prometheus I'd like to see different humanoids evolved in different planets, all humans but all different in height, skin color and dissemination of the hair.

So, exactly like all of human life on Earth, then?

There are very good evolutionary reasons for why human-like extraterrestrials would be the most likely to develop the technology for space exploration. On the other hand, there are very good entertainment-related reasons why I'd prefer this continuity to go back to its more Lovecraftian, non-human origins... I watch these types of movies for escapism and a sense of ancient cosmic horrors, damn it.

Even the Deacon lacked so much as a tail. :-\

oduodu

oduodu

xenomorphine

'I watch these types of movies for escapism and a sense of ancient cosmic horrors, damn it'

Great statement.

I was really analysing Prometheus on another forum and trying justify its existence if you will. Why?

It is a forum specifically dedicated to Prometheus not alien (later on it became about other sci fi movies as well - but not specifically alien)

AND

In trying to draw people in and to changing their minds about Prometheus I tried to find any piece of evidence that I could to justify and demystify it and link it with alien.

However in the process i also had to defend the sj being an engineer and there goes the lovecarftian mystery and horror etc.

So I tried to please everyone by suggesting that sj is an elder type (not originally my idea as it was suggested by others previously) cthulian creature and the engineers is a subset of them - under them and perhaps stole their tech etc. fire etc. you know the rest.

Otherwise why do you join a forum and then attack the movie that the forum/blog promotes??

On this forum I don't have that problem as this forum is an alien vs predator forum and anything goes I guess.

So in agreeing with your statement I can perhaps - well not attack or be negative towards Prometheus - relax here.

The whole lovecraftian horror mystery is starting to show its appeal. So I won't go overboard here as I have tested the waters.

I am slowly beginning find alien 3 and the assembly cut of it a very interesting concept.

I will never stop defending Prometheus as it is the only other movie in the alien franchise that is directed by ridley and touches on the civilisation of the sj and where the xeno came from.

Who knows ridley might surprise us...............tentacle mouth reaching from that other dimension.

But I think I can relax now..........

Lord Freezer

Engineers have seeded other planets besides Earth.  Last Engineer asks at David where they came from, so it is evident that there are other humans in other planets. I think that in paradise there are many human races, civilized and peaceful.

oduodu

"Last Engineer asks at David where they came from"

he did ??

SM

SM

No.  He does claim to be able to go to where they came from though.

Corporal Hicks

Do we have a translation of that exchange anywhere?

Lord Freezer

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed