Ridley Scott confirms progress with Prometheus 2

Started by ShadowPred, Oct 27, 2013, 05:03:04 AM

Author
Ridley Scott confirms progress with Prometheus 2 (Read 56,008 times)

Space7Horror

Quote from: SM on Jan 03, 2014, 12:15:55 AM
Yeah but you also said

QuoteThey created us humans as a test ground the deacon is a result of the good mixing with species to show its origin the xenomorph that's where the goo came from it has alien DNA in it. 

Is there some punctuation required here?

And  if they created us to in order to create 'xenomorph like creatures' why did they wait eons to so?

The "good" should be goo my mistake sorry.  They waited for us to evolve into a species that resembled them in order to get decent results. 

ChrisPachi

Something they might of done on many other worlds in the past. The idea that they created us and then guided our evolution with 'upgrades' (not ever mentioned in the film, but strongly suggested by early drafts of the script as well as Arthur Max and co.) then it stands to reason that they could of 'engineered' humans on planets all over the galaxy. We might be just one batch of many going back in time.

Still not sure what the goo meant for Earth was intended to do, either kill us or 'upgrade' us. The film to my mind suggests the latter, what with the whole 'destroy to create' thing.

Valaquen

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jan 03, 2014, 09:54:33 AM
Still not sure what the goo meant for Earth was intended to do, either kill us or 'upgrade' us. The film to my mind suggests the latter, what with the whole 'destroy to create' thing.
I guess it was meant to kill us and transform the remains into a servile mutant race (creation through destruction). Like Shoggoth. Or something.. I guess.

SM

It doesn't really matter.  What matters is it wasn't going to be good for us.

Space7Horror

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 03, 2014, 09:11:19 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jan 03, 2014, 09:54:33 AM
I guess it was meant to kill us and transform the remains into a servile mutant race (creation through destruction). Like Shoggoth. Or something.. I guess.

Exactly it was meant to destroy us by creating new creatures.

ChrisPachi

QuoteIt doesn't really matter.  What matters is it wasn't going to be good for us.

But it speaks to their whole modus operandi, and informs what could be awaiting Shaw in the sequel. It could be a way of introducing new human characters... nah, that kind of stinks of an SG1 plot... never mind.

SM

It still doesn't matter to the story of Prometheus.

irn

What if the goo was infected with something else? Like if it was the seed of life but became cross-infected with a weapon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed