10 years!

Started by Kel G 426, Oct 22, 2013, 01:48:40 PM

Author
10 years! (Read 10,263 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 08, 2014, 05:55:06 PM
The AvP2 look fit the concept imo.

Yeah, I liked seeing stuff from AVP2 back in Extinction. To me it had best look/design from the games so far.

The Old One

The Old One

AVP2's look has unfortunately aged terribly, I'd love to see a remake.

Samhain13

Samhain13

You mean graphic wise? I don't really mind that much in games, I care much more about design, immersion and athmosphere. I still like "AVP2's look" on the enviromnents and creatures more than in the newer games, AVP2010 copied AVP2004 style too much, AVP2 really captured well the feeling of the original movies IMO. Only Isolation reached that level.

Still I use a few mods in AVP2, nothing like AVP Classic's redux mod, just a few minor hd and texture updates, as well as some better creatures skins that made the game better than it already was. Even in other games like Gears of War, Unreal Tournament, Dead Space... the old outdated graphics from the first games just feel much better to look at, since the design makes up for it.

I would love a remake as well, but sometimes while the graphics look more realistic they can lose the athmosphere of the original game in the process and that kind of ruins for me a bit. Franchises like Halo did it well in the remakes, but Gears of War kind of changed a few things in it's look that bothered me.

AVP Extinction would also look great with new graphics, as well as Predator Concrete Jungle. Unfortunally all those Alien-Predator related game just didn't make much of an impact outside the fanbase.

The Old One

The Old One

I think the original DS still looks good and will do for a long time, AVP2's style and limited polygon use along with glibs etc hasn't aged well IMO.
It's story, worldbuilding and atmosphere is still fantastic but it feels lacking in detail in the environment, and not just texturally compared to today.

I think it could do with a remake in the style of the upcoming RE2- a complete brick by brick remake.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I got my Xbox out last night to give this a shot but it wasn't reading any discs :( I've had that thing since I was a kid.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Good time to finally play it I guess. One of the few AvP games I have missed.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 31, 2018, 07:50:25 AM
I got my Xbox out last night to give this a shot but it wasn't reading any discs :( I've had that thing since I was a kid.

My ol' boy broke recently too, try a 360- AVPE & Concrete Jungle work on both of them.

MU-TH-UR 6000

MU-TH-UR 6000

Damn, Half-Life turns 20 in November and this is already 15. I am def becoming an elder at this point :laugh:

Kinda feeling the urge to replay it. Gotta fire up the PS2.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 08, 2014, 09:13:38 AM
Also, map editor of some sort.

This! just like in the old days when you were able to customize an RTS map in order to mimic some RPGs mechanics, such as dialogue between the party and non-player characters, experience points, quests and alternate endings :)   

D88M

D88M

The game was decent fun but felt very bare-bones, it would have been better to release it on PC, i mena the campaigns were very short and once you finished them, that was it, no replay value or any other game modes.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Are there actually any other console-exclusive RTS games? Seems like a one of a kind thing as these things just don't fit together.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

16 today!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: MU-TH-UR 6000 on Aug 25, 2018, 12:49:45 PM
Damn, Half-Life turns 20 in November and this is already 15. I am def becoming an elder at this point :laugh:

Kinda feeling the urge to replay it. Gotta fire up the PS2.

I didn't feel old when I started getting a bit of arthritis, or when I started going grey... But Half-Life being twenty makes me feel f**king ancient.

The Old One

The Old One

I've never even played it.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Just get the Black Mesa remake.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed