Datamined content

Started by PAS Spinelli, Sep 20, 2021, 04:58:19 PM

Author
Datamined content (Read 9,028 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The just look like... whatever really, that no thought got put into their designs, they don't even feel authentically Prometheus as I don't get a Carlos Huante vibe. Any aspects of the Hammerpedes or Trilobite influence here feels very superficial and that's the issue. Not that the Pathogen itself's involved. It's brought many good things into the franchise. Like The Cold Forge, Into Charybdis, the rest of Andrew Gaska's tenure with the RPG and the upcoming novels tying into that not to mention the Neomorph.

In simpler terms they ought to feel related to the various Alien forms and they just do not.

It's a really wasted opportunity for something that calls back to the exciting number of unused early concepts.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 15, 2022, 11:09:23 AM
Also, I can confirm we are getting one new Chapter (set of 3 missions)
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/816573701213388850/953248346179510302/unknown.png
Left is new, right is old.

Fantastic!! Just hope that doesn't take too long to get to us.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

At least one of these will take place in a Engineer "Cathedral" from the looks of it

April playable? Seems like we found our release date

Seems like the chapter will be called of Dive?

Dive is present in all chapter names, the chapter is just unnamed as is

There are 2 new animations sets in the files

PathoRunner and Striker, they don't have models linked to them, but I'll check if the Runner anims fit the normal Runner

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 15, 2022, 11:11:00 AM
The just look like... whatever really, that no thought got put into their designs, they don't even feel authentically Prometheus as I don't get a Carlos Huante vibe. Any aspects of the Hammerpedes or Trilobite influence here feels very superficial and that's the issue. Not that the Pathogen itself's involved. It's brought many good things into the franchise. Like The Cold Forge, Into Charybdis, the rest of Andrew Gaska's tenure with the RPG and the upcoming novels tying into that not to mention the Neomorph.

In simpler terms they ought to feel related to the various Alien forms and they just do not.

It's a really wasted opportunity for something that calls back to the exciting number of unused early concepts.

Sadly, yeeeeeah. These don't look either xenomorphish  or promethean to me

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Striker uses the Drone skeleton (Neomorph?)
Patho Runner uses the Runner skeleton, will upload their animations soon

Pathogen Runner seems to be a twitchy Runner that is in constant pain
Striker has a completely unique animation set, and seems to move like a Gorilla

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Hemi on Mar 14, 2022, 08:29:53 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 14, 2022, 03:21:42 PM
*sigh* When Aliens no longer feels like Aliens.

Great job Pas!

ikr... this is so sad haha. It's basically the broken jaw predator lol.

Oh no!!  :D

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 15, 2022, 08:16:44 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 14, 2022, 03:21:42 PM
*sigh* When Aliens no longer feels like Aliens.
You can thank Ridley for that

May 22, 2022, 09:28:30 AM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 15, 2022, 11:25:37 AM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 15, 2022, 11:09:23 AM
Also, I can confirm we are getting one new Chapter (set of 3 missions)
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/816573701213388850/953248346179510302/unknown.png
Left is new, right is old.

Fantastic!! Just hope that doesn't take too long to get to us.

I guess we'll see, but for the health of the game, I personally think we're beyond that point unfortunately.

I wonder if the new campaign will be paid dlc content...

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Really nice finds, PAS Spinelli!

An 'Engineer Cathedral' certainly sounds enticing given what else we've seen in the main game. I expected at least one more level with pathogen enemies as it would be a shame for all those creatures to just be utilized for a single mission.

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 14, 2022, 03:29:04 PM
Notice how the things it's spitting from look like the neomorph pods

Had the same thought, that does raise suspicions.

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 15, 2022, 11:26:32 AM

Around Alien Day would be a smart release window to bring back awareness of the game!

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

That's a good idea.

But it's got to be substantial both in story and content, it's really got to blow the retail Campaign out of the water, to capture my interest.

And I think that's true of many who are checked out at this point.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I'm not sure if that would be anything new as i recall covenant's engineer location was like a monestery/cathedral or that you might be able to refer to it as one or the other.

Also the term dive is familiar as its stated by the comms person that you're going to 'dive' into the setting of campaign two. Which i was hyped for doing some kind of repel. So it could just mean they are planning for a sequence to 'dive' into the C5 locale. I'm still hoping for some cool opening sequences.

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 15, 2022, 02:47:25 PM
Really nice finds, PAS Spinelli!

An 'Engineer Cathedral' certainly sounds enticing given what else we've seen in the main game. I expected at least one more level with pathogen enemies as it would be a shame for all those creatures to just be utilized for a single mission.

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 14, 2022, 03:29:04 PM
Notice how the things it's spitting from look like the neomorph pods

Had the same thought, that does raise suspicions.

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 15, 2022, 11:26:32 AM

Around Alien Day would be a smart release window to bring back awareness of the game!

Hemi

Hemi

Not even going to reinstall it for this.

What's "IND_Horde_Xeno"... ANOTHER 1 map boring horde mode? Great.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Hemi on Mar 18, 2022, 06:35:02 PM
Not even going to reinstall it for this.

What's "IND_Horde_Xeno"... ANOTHER 1 map boring horde mode? Great.
???
That name was already there back in December and has nothing to do with any of the last finds

Hemi

Hemi

Cool. I stand corrected or something. Though you are prob getting a 1 map horde mode again in the final "season".  ;D

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Did you just glance over the last image I posted and immediately start looking for a reason to nitpick?

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 21, 2022, 01:14:12 PM
Did you just glance over the last image I posted and immediately start looking for a reason to nitpick?

Nah just saw the 3 horde modes and thought it was a new one listed, because your mouse highlighted it. That's all.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

New update dropped with 3 gigs of content under the guise of a "bug fix"
Will get to datamining soon

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed