NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,172,877 times)

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Probably I´ll quit collecting Predator figures once Neca releases all the lost tribe predators and the Ultimate Wolf Predator, as long the later is not cancelled.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Waiting for my Shaman!

Sol

Sol

NECA figures, especially the improved Ultimate releases have always been a bargain. This level of detail and movement is not routinely found in the figure collecting world for cheap. Comparative scaled figures can cost anywhere from $60 to $100+ dollars. So $40 is still really cheap, here.

1/12 Storm Collectables - https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?HideSoldOut=true&PageSize=50&SortOrder=New&Company=396 - $100+
1/12 S.H. Figuarts - https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?HideInStock=false&HidePreorder=false&HideSoldOut=false&InventoryStatus=i,p,so&PageSize=20&SortOrder=New&SearchText=figuarts&Series=32 - $50+

Even at $40, this is a bargain for what we are getting. Just putting it all in perspective, here.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Not with NECA's QC it isn't.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yeah. It'd be a bargain if half of them didn't come pre-broken or the paint was better.

Sol

Sol

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 22, 2022, 08:10:10 PM

You'd be surprised how many other companies suffer from those same issues. I have tons of figures from all over the world and they all come with their own issues. Weak joints, bad paint applications. It seems to sadly come with any company that makes high volume releases, higher priced or not.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

This is why I'm open to more companies getting in on 1/12 scale Predators. Competition is good for action figures and gives people variety.

Medicom just revealed they have the Terminator license for their MAFEX series. I think in time they may just get around to Predator.

Sol

Sol

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jan 23, 2022, 04:01:02 PM
This is why I'm open to more companies getting in on 1/12 scale Predators. Competition is good for action figures and gives people variety.

Medicom just revealed they have the Terminator license for their MAFEX series. I think in time they may just get around to Predator.

That would be awesome. MAFEX has some of the best articulation in the business. Their Big Chap looks amazing, too.

I have some of their Spider-Man figures, and they are easily the best Spideys I've ever seen in all my years.

happypred

happypred

Is 40 bucks a big price increase? They typically sell for around 35 no?

Sol

Sol

Quote from: happypred on Jan 24, 2022, 02:19:45 PM
Is 40 bucks a big price increase? They typically sell for around 35 no?

Yep. Not sure exactly how $5 extra is a deal breaker. It's an odd take.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Sol on Jan 22, 2022, 11:06:56 PM

You'd be surprised how many other companies suffer from those same issues. I have tons of figures from all over the world and they all come with their own issues. Weak joints, bad paint applications. It seems to sadly come with any company that makes high volume releases, higher priced or not.
QC on Hasbro's $20ish Marvel Legends (or Ghostbusters figures, or Star Wars Black Series, or Transformers) tends to outpace the QC on NECA's $30+ figures.

Sol

Sol

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 25, 2022, 01:53:09 AM
Quote from: Sol on Jan 22, 2022, 11:06:56 PM

QC on Hasbro's $20ish Marvel Legends (or Ghostbusters figures, or Star Wars Black Series, or Transformers) tends to outpace the QC on NECA's $30+ figures.

Hasbro is a much bigger company than NECA, so that's not really surprising.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'd just really rather buy a £20 figure that's better, or go a bit higher and buy a £60 to £80 one, NECA's just not £40's worth in my years of experience collecting by a long shot honestly.

Sol

Sol

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 25, 2022, 11:24:12 AM
I'd just really rather buy a £20 figure that's better, or go a bit higher and buy a £60 to £80 one, NECA's just not £40's worth in my years of experience collecting by a long shot honestly.

And that's your right. There's nothing nearly as detailed or articulated with this license at that price point, however. So it's sadly NECA, or nothing else. I hope as they continue to grow they get better. Early releases didn't even have articulation. Maybe a simple head swivel, but that was really it.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah but I don't see the point in buying a H.R Giger's Alien that they still can't get the proportions on correct, even if it's double the price, I'd rather get an import figure that I don't feel the need to replace.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed