In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,289,717 times)

SM

SM

I think the fetishisation of east Asian women in general and white male entitlement is probably a slightly more pressing issue over whether their heritage is Chinese or Korean.

Shinawi

Shinawi

It's sad what happened, and I know that every east Asian in the US feels unsafe now.

https://news.yahoo.com/atlanta-spa-shootings-victims-202657168.html
QuoteOnly four have been named so far by US officials. South Korean diplomats in the US say they believe that four of those who died were of Korean origin.
QuoteShe emigrated from China years ago and her daughter had recently graduated from college, a friend of Ms Tan's told USA Today.

Of course, this is a tragedy regardless of their heritage. I'm just wondering because the Korean news mistakenly identified all of the Asian victims as Koreans. Naturally, the Korean citizens want their government to act quickly and help the families of the victims. But so far, I haven't seen any Korean names. This is a big issue in South Korea because there were certain times in the past when the South Korean embassies were caught neglecting the Koreans in trouble abroad.

SM

SM

Put it down to early days in the investigation and western media slapping the label 'Asian' on anyone from China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Myanmar, Laos, etc.  Which is part of the problem.

If the victims were Italian, they wouldn't labelled as European.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

I just hate the Atlanta's police reporting on this just as much, labeling as "man had a bad day" and possibly not racially motivated, when his internet history and number of victims happened to be mostly Asian, targeted in Asian massage parlors. You bet your ass if the victims were white and the criminal was any other race, hell's fire would have been dropped hard on his ass, using any single excuse they can think of to put his ass in the slammer for life and smearing the entire race's fault for that asshole's sins.

Jon Sorensen

Jon Sorensen

Student legally names himself after a fish in exchange for £176 of free sushi.

The fish-loving university student officially changed their name, after a chain of sushi restaurants offered an all-you-can-eat sushi meal for the person who changed their name, along with five friends.

Officials in Taiwan are begging people to stop changing their name to "salmon" after more than 130 fish-lovers changed their name to bag free sushi.

British Daily Mirror, 18 March 2021.

www.jonsorensencreative.com

The_Nostromo_Files

The_Nostromo_Files

Boy, the Ever Green situation is something else. For the past week, the Suez Canal has become a pinch-point, so if your latest collective order from China is delayed, well...

https://www.bbc.com/news/56523659

Sorry Admins: I saw the "in the news" thread after posting this. Move me over, will ya?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The Star Wars fandom comes to mind. I wonder if any of them can develop real oral venom. 🤔

Huggs

Huggs

I think it's safe to say that most of humanity has developed the ability to manufacture and spew unlimited amounts of bullsh*t.

Venom can't be that big a leap.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

And then everyone will have to go through a mandatory surgery at birth so no human has easy access to a solution to suicide. Of course, sometimes the host creature is immune to themselves. >:(

Xeno Killer 2179

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed