PG13 Confirmed for AvP?

Started by Darkness, Jul 25, 2004, 01:19:31 PM

Author
PG13 Confirmed for AvP? (Read 13,044 times)

RyanPoli

RyanPoli

It can work as pg13 because it is an action movie, unlike the alien films and the predator films (though pred did seem more like action than horror I suppose).  This is paul anderson here, this movie should be just pulse pumping action watching the aliens and predators fighting.  Lets just hope he doesnt screw up the score and have non stop rock music (like he has now done to resident evil 2)

Cookies

Cookies

well the motion picture association says its pg13 and its offical confimerd.    So its Directed by paul anderson... runs in at 1h27min and its pg13.  ha ha  OMG  funnest thing EVER!   never thought one movie could kill 2 franchizes so bad

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

i think u all jumpin the gun again...any way some one put me straight if a film in america is R under 17 can go if with adult right??? so that means a 13 year all can watch it any if with adult right???? so realy theres not much difference right??? cus the uk its different.. ppl been saying T3 was R well i have in my dvd collection and its a 12 so im getting very confused and i think ill wait till it comes out in the uk to see what the rating will be

TheStorm

TheStorm

I don't see it at the MPAA? I seached. Its still not found?

yautja again

yautja again

How can we enjoy avp with no graphic violence

yautja once again

yautja once again

No official rating from the site. Maybe its some person saying the rating was PG-13 on tv to piss us off. We avp fans should stick together in this tragedy and keep on commenting on AVPGalaxy.

yautja

yautja

If anderson was a real fan of avp he would know how gory the creatures are. Common sense its a no brainer. Predator skins preople,gutts them and tears out people's skulls. Alien claws people use their secondary jaw and tears people apart. How could anyone in their right mind make this creature brawling gorefest a PG-13

tribalcore

tribalcore

me taking a shit is going to be more violent this this movie  at least on the count of human gore ...R.I.P  alien and predator...thanx for the first couple of movies. R.I.P..paul anderson for which your career is done with at least to me it is.

AngryHobo

AngryHobo

Oooooh....ahhhnhh.....Cookies  just showed us all. After numerous days and hours spent bitching and moaning about Paul Anderson, the lack of gore and the "death" of both the Alien and Predator franchise, people are actually beginning to believe his sorry ass.        The franchises are already dead, this is an effort to restart them both. Paul Anderson, from the looks of the featurettes and trailers, has done a good job of bringing both Preds and Aliens together. The gore may be absent from the theatrical release, but the movie is one giant excuse to make Preds and Aliens duke it out. Hell, Return of the King showed decapitated heads being thrown over a wall, so why cant AvP show unrealistic and non-human creatures being ripped apart. Hell, in Evil Dead 2 Raimi elected to use green blood instead of red to lower the rating. The MPAA has less of a problem with unrealistic or futuristic violence than extremly graphic violence depicted on humans. Freddy vs Jason had loads of blood, but wasn't trimmed down due to the unrealistic nature of the gore. Anderson might have just been forced to cut down on shown human death to allow for a PG-13 movie, but kept the majority of the creature violence, WHO f**kING KNOWS.       So little f**kers like Cookies, who bitch and bitch and then see the goddamn movie, can shut the f**k up. So your angry about creative choices on AvP? WHO f**kING CARES. Why dont you go home, watch the original Predator and Alien movies, whack off to the shown violence, look at your poster of Paul Anderson, hump your goddamn pillow and shut the f**k up. I know you'll see the movie and give Fox your money, just like the little Star Wars fanboys who bitch and then take it up the ass by Lucas when they see his newest Prequel. I know Cookies has some witty retort or something else to bitch about...but at least I've given my one rant.    >:D  

RyanPoli

RyanPoli

Its pg13 people, face it

Sam04je

Sam04je

Does this mean the Uk version is gunna be better! Or the same? Because 15 rated film i hav previously seen in the UK are pritty bad like 'Rad Dragon' That was priity bloody with Glass been shoved in peoples eyes an stuff. So as long as its a 15 in the UK im not that bothered. although a 18 rated Avp would be better.

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

PG13 isn't quite a kiddy movie, though.  That would be PG.  PG13 is only one step down from R, and there's a lot that can be done with that.  I'm going to wait and see it before I say anything.  Maybe it'll look bad, maybe it will actually be pretty good, still.  Though I think people are going to go into the movie wanting to hate it now, and that's seriously going to effect how it comes across.  Which is too bad, because it may actually be pretty good.  I'd be more worried about the run-time, myself.

MoBiUG

MoBiUG

I just don't care anymore. I've ordered all the mcfarlane toys. I've ordered a plush face hugger from Palisades. Gimme the damn movie, whatever the rating   ;D  

SHURIKEN

SHURIKEN

hey maybe it is rated pg 13 due to the fact that it is just alien and predators getting the crap ripped out of them and maybe they think that everyone knows its fake and stylized becuz it is fake pred blood against acid blood i dunno its kind of just a bad assumption buy theres more combat between the preds and aliens than aliens and humans or humans and preds

Jonesy

Jonesy

I think it was written to be a PG-13 movie from the start. Thats why you don't have humans in on the fighting, for the most part. If this was a real Alien Vs Predator movie you'd have Colonial Marines as part of the ' war' as well, which means you'd have to have alot of soldiers getting killed. The way they've done it is its the non-human Aliens and Predators that are going to be taking all the on-screen punishment. The humans are sort of just their to watch and be killed more by the Pyramid. *rolls eyes*  The kind of thing that's sure to get you an R today is showing humans shooting stuff or gettng shot themselves. There's a real paranoia going on about showing guns and gunplay in the movies these days which I think really started in a big way after Columbine. I think thats why you see this trend of all these sword and sandal flicks too. Studios are still nervous about making hardcore, R-rated, action movies. And any shoot-out type movies that are made are kinda soft and offscreen.  Anyhow, they and PA may say it wasn't written to be a PG-13 from the start, but I don't believe 'em. I think they're lieing to try to keep people from turning off of the film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed