How Scary is Alien Isolation? [IGN Gameplay Footate]

Started by aliens13, Apr 26, 2014, 01:40:57 AM

Author
How Scary is Alien Isolation? [IGN Gameplay Footate] (Read 35,691 times)

aliens13

aliens13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EWe69vP1pA#ws

That game looks freaking awesome!

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Thank you.

Neat new death scene too.

SM

SM

Sweet.  ;D

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Love how the tail acts too, dropping between your legs lol.

MrSpaceJockey

Oh that looks so good.

Loving the atmosphere, the set design...and such palpable tension.

Ferazel

I think graphically it looks amazing. Exactly what I wanted from an Alien game. The low-fi 70s feel is nailed exactly. From a gameplay perspective is where things start to fall apart. I compare this demo to the other footage and see a lot of scripted sequences and Alien placement. I hope that there isn't a 100% chance of evading aliens in lockers, and even if you hold your breath you could just get unlucky and die. That is the real fear... not knowing if you're going to be spotted or not.

However, it appears that the Alien will always appear at the airlock door and stand there waiting for you. It appears that there is maybe 5 minutes of actually unscripted Alien behavior that they tout around so much. Not really all that impressive.

I can hope that they'll make improvements and variety to the game, but honestly we're talking about a couple months before they need to go into gold master for manufacturing reasons. Not to mention that we have seen NOTHING of the non-alien parts of the game. Is it just going to be evading alien for 8 hours? Or what is the other obstacles mechanics in the game. They spoke of a crafting system, but without any solid details or gameplay footage.

I'm worried, it's obvious a LOT of love has been put into the look, but without the gameplay to back it up, it'll just get boring fast (see Outlast).

Kimarhi

Think they are going for scripted/unscripted sequences both. 

SM

Quote from: Ferazel on Apr 26, 2014, 04:16:36 AM
I think graphically it looks amazing. Exactly what I wanted from an Alien game. The low-fi 70s feel is nailed exactly. From a gameplay perspective is where things start to fall apart. I compare this demo to the other footage and see a lot of scripted sequences and Alien placement. I hope that there isn't a 100% chance of evading aliens in lockers, and even if you hold your breath you could just get unlucky and die. That is the real fear... not knowing if you're going to be spotted or not.

However, it appears that the Alien will always appear at the airlock door and stand there waiting for you. It appears that there is maybe 5 minutes of actually unscripted Alien behavior that they tout around so much. Not really all that impressive.

I can hope that they'll make improvements and variety to the game, but honestly we're talking about a couple months before they need to go into gold master for manufacturing reasons. Not to mention that we have seen NOTHING of the non-alien parts of the game. Is it just going to be evading alien for 8 hours? Or what is the other obstacles mechanics in the game. They spoke of a crafting system, but without any solid details or gameplay footage.

I'm worried, it's obvious a LOT of love has been put into the look, but without the gameplay to back it up, it'll just get boring fast (see Outlast).

Pretty sure everything we've seen so far is a self contained demo.

MasterRich

MasterRich

QuotePretty sure everything we've seen so far is a self contained demo.

Looks like it, hopefully the full game won't be like a "contained demo"

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 26, 2014, 04:22:01 AM
Think they are going for scripted/unscripted sequences both.

I agree with you that's what it looks like to me watching them playing it. Maybe just for the demo they had a few scripted stuff, guess we shall wait and see, either way it's the ALIEN game all of us fans wanted so I'm not too fused :)

ikarop

From what I remember the demo is a small section of the game but with added scripted events. Pretty sure it's been mentioned in some of the recent interviews.

saintssinphony

I'm hoping CA make it so you have to be totally quiet when you hide.  If that motion tracker is beeping and you are hiding in a locker (as I saw in the footage) the alien should be able to find you because of that.  In the footage it seemed like the tracker was beeping but yet the alien didn't get in the locker.  I did read somewhere it will "learn" so maybe you get away with it once but after that the alien catches on. 

Another thing, seeing the footage of gameplay makes me think I should stop watching when new footage gets shown because I want all of the jump scares to be new when I play.  Kinda like how watching too much footage of a film ruins the movie for the viewer.  Then again I'm looking forward to this game and can't stop myself  :laugh:

ikarop

The Alien can't hear the beep. CA has stated that it was a gameplay concession they had to make. You can hold your breath while in a locker tho so the element of silence is still there.

xeno-kaname

Corporal Hicks

Bastards. I wanted to do something like this when the game came out.  :P But genius marketting ploy. Hats off to them.

Some lovely new footage. Editing was a bit shaky IMHO. They made the game look far too linear, like all those encounters happen at the same times. That's not the case.

Crazy Rich

Heck, even I was getting nervous watching that.

The more stuff they release the more speechless I get and can't find the words to describe how I feel, and in the case of Alien: Isolation that's a positive thing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed