NECA's The Predator Figures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 01, 2017, 01:20:37 PM

Author
NECA's The Predator Figures (Read 88,160 times)

Kailem

Kailem

It's featured in Studio ADI's video of Predalien concepts. Worth a quick look if you haven't seen it before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txe5nRsvT2s

I think that particular pic is just a tad too extreme though. Just a bit too far removed from either an Alien or a Predator for my liking.

I've also always been a fan of Dave Dorman's original design. The dreads we ultimately got on AVP:R's Predalien never bothered me, but I completely understand why some hate them. I think Dorman's more slicked-back look is a nice compromise that acknowledges that particular aspect of the host without being just full-on "they have dreads too".

Of course I feel like the only design feature you really need to carry over is the mandibles, even if it's just on the bottom jaw, so they're also not something I need to see in any form in any given Predalien design.

The Old One

The Old One

I just had a massive argument with my brother over this, essentially he feels it needs to be an Alpha-Male, I don't.

I think it being extreme is warranted, with changes made.
Such as removing the human skull and making the face bear more of a resemblance to the Predator's jaw.
More of an elegant crustacean with biomechanics than an elegant insect.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I tell a lie - I think the Duel's version was better, with the spikes flowing with the head shape.

The Old One

The Old One

All of these are equally terrible IMO

What's worse is that nearly all of them make the same mistakes.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 20, 2018, 05:14:30 PM

Always liked this one from AVP2010, that's as biomechanical as the Predalien have gotten so far. After the fleshy bastards from the previous games this one is good enough. Even Chet was better than those from AVP classic and AVP2.

Who remembers this ugly thing? Haha.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

So what do you guys prefer instead of dreads, nothing at all, or the spike look?

The Old One

The Old One

It should be approached as if you were making a sequel/reinterpretation of HR Giger's work.

Take HR Giger's Alien, make it more beastial, crustacean, change/exaggerate the proportions subtly-
Add quils to the back- exaggerating the regular back pipes, perhaps even bring back the "Aliens" protrusions from the arms-
With the idea in mind of the Predator's larger but still humanoid silouette.
& I believe the idea of the previous pages' artwork of the mandibles acting as a foreskin is an appropriately sexual mockery of the Predator biology.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: DerelictShip on Sep 20, 2018, 07:27:50 PM
So what do you guys prefer instead of dreads, nothing at all, or the spike look?

Giger dreads.

The Old One

The Old One

They never remotely looked like strands of hair did they though?

It was always spikes like the higher image or an optical illusion like the lower image.

Regardless of whether it's born from a Predator or not- the Alien should not have hair, or anything resembling it.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 20, 2018, 08:34:12 PM
They never remotely looked like strands of hair did they though?

It was just a nickname, so call it whatever you want. I just find them more interesting than Predator's dreadlock-like-appendix.

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 20, 2018, 08:34:12 PM
Regardless of whether it's born from a Predator or not- the Alien should not have hair, or anything resembling it.

So Dreadlocks-Free-Predalien?

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 20, 2018, 07:52:14 PM
It should be approached as if you were making a sequel/reinterpretation of HR Giger's work.

Take HR Giger's Alien, make it more beastial, crustacean, change/exaggerate the proportions subtly-

Except for the elegant proportions thing, such a description screams Zerg! ;D (JK)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Meh I always liked the Predalien having dreads, it works for me. But anyway, there's this from NECA.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1042895083736104961

https://mobile.twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1042893667395166208

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

We know.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'm actually pretty interested in getting figures of the friendly Preds. Little bit of repainting to get rid of the multicam armor and pants and they'll fit right in with the regular hunters

dHunter333

dHunter333

I am looking forward to having the Fugitive and the Friendlies fighting the Upgrade with the Predators Hounds.

ZiMattack23

ZiMattack23

This may be a noob question but the neck peg is stuck in the masked head, how do I get it out

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed