Hunting Grounds @ PAX South

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 07, 2020, 08:11:44 AM

Author
Hunting Grounds @ PAX South (Read 10,012 times)

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Enjoy on Jan 21, 2020, 06:42:22 PM
As a outsider I have always found the sexisim in the online gaming community in general to be sad, not to mention the tribal arguments over predboobs.

No one discriminates here. It is just that female Predator features were never established before. So everyone has their own vision of it.

acrediblesource

I'm not sure how thrilled i am for this game being Multiplayer only....Geez....Anthem.........

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jan 21, 2020, 07:35:33 PM
I'm not sure how thrilled i am for this game being Multiplayer only....Geez....Anthem.........

Not the same thing.

Anthem was developed with no real goal in mind which is why it's so aimless and rebooted development a few times. It was also meant to capitalize on the live-service model and since it didn't really have much to go off of that of course didn't work out as the development timeline would get thrown out. Bugs plenty and no real story to speak of given it's rebooted development and lack of polish. The game would also retail at a higher price.

The closest comparison to Hunting Grounds would be Star Wars Battlefront 2015. Only multiplayer with story bits sprinkled into the gameplay except unlike Battlefront most people know Hunting Grounds doesn't have a single player and they even mentioned that at PAX. Anybody who doesn't know Hunting Grounds doesn't have a single player has only themselves to blame, it's been known for awhile. The game is also shipping for significantly lower cost (40 dollars) whereas the special edition retails for the price of a standard game. It's a smaller game and that isn't any sort of secret.

acrediblesource

Hmm.that sounds enticing. I might give it a try but do you think HG will be PS Plus exclusive or will I just need to pay for the game and it will automatically locate the network>?

molasar

molasar

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jan 23, 2020, 12:55:48 PM
Hmm.that sounds enticing. I might give it a try but do you think HG will be PS Plus exclusive or will I just need to pay for the game and it will automatically locate the network>?

Usually only free to play games do not require a PS Plus subscription as those games business model is based on microtransactions. P: HG is not one of them but probably still is going to have some MTX like extra skins, maps, field lockers, etc.

So yes, you will still need to pay for the game and PS Plus subscription.

SuperiorIronman

Playstation plus also has a free trial (I think it can go up to 2 weeks) so if you get the game wanting to play it but not sold on any sort of online payment you can certainly try it out for a bit.

acrediblesource

I wonder if they explored creating traps like snare traps, and using tools either as predator or as soldier.
That would ultimaitely mean that we will have survival capabilities. A pretty darn need to have element in a predator game whether you're on the human side or not. Arnold needs to badass himself into a game DLC or freaking right the f**k away!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Here's a better quality version of one of the concept art pieces shown in the presentation. I actually have the document they used with all these in but I can't rip the pictures out without simply just screenshotting, hoping to get the individual pieces off them soon.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Waiting for a waterfall!

Kailem

Kailem

It was one of the Fire Team spawn locations in the demo map last year, hopefully you can interactive with it in some way rather than it being something you can only look at because it's outside the map's boundaries.

The Old One

The Old One

Always a secret in the waterfall.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed