Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 40,623 times)

[cancerblack]

SM

SM

Quote from: GreybackElder on Mar 21, 2024, 08:29:02 PMSo some of the Aliens throughout the series have had nicknames:
Big Chap
Warrior
Dog
Newborn

...what are we calling the Alien in the trailer?
Scarface is okay but there is a scar-face in a predator game
What about Slash?

Big Chap was what it was called on set. Warrior and Newborn were in the script and the Alien 3 creature is variously called the Dragon, Spike or Runner.

A nickname will evolve through common usage rather than someone forcing an opinion on a forum (not that I think you're forcing an opinion- just speaking generally).

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

I must say, it's exciting time for being an Alien fan and especially for me, because it's my first time waiting like that for a new movie. Before only Alien movies I saw in theaters were Prometheus and Covenant, and I wasn't as dedicated to the franchise as I am now, I wasn't following rumors or chatting on forums. Honestly, I even felt that I'm getting further away from this series after disasters like Prometheus and Colonial Marines. If it wasn't for Isolation, I doubt I would be here today. But I am, more into franchise than ever, and experiencing the thrill of waiting for a new movie with fellow fans is great. I only hope that I won't get overhyped and don't appreciate the movie even if it would be decent. And honestly being just decent is what I want from it now, just like other Alvarez' movies. Both Evil Dead and Don't Breathe were well made horrors, but they didn't blow me out of my sockets or anything. And I think that it is what we need right now from this movie, being just  well made horror.Everything above that will be nice suprise for me.It is possible of course, I had similiar thoughts about Trachtenberg and his movies, and yet he found his footing so well in Predator series and cooked up  something truly special for us.

Stitch

Stitch

I just restarted Alan Wake II in Final Draft mode, so I suggest:

Mr Scratch.

Or just Scratch.

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

Quote from: Stitch on Mar 21, 2024, 09:24:22 PMI just restarted Alan Wake II in Final Draft mode, so I suggest:

Mr Scratch.

Or just Scratch.

Well, he also came out of the Dark Place on trailer, so it fits :)

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

Quote from: SM on Mar 21, 2024, 09:20:06 PM
Quote from: GreybackElder on Mar 21, 2024, 08:29:02 PMSo some of the Aliens throughout the series have had nicknames:
Big Chap
Warrior
Dog
Newborn

...what are we calling the Alien in the trailer?
Scarface is okay but there is a scar-face in a predator game
What about Slash?

Big Chap was what it was called on set. Warrior and Newborn were in the script and the Alien 3 creature is variously called the Dragon, Spike or Runner.

A nickname will evolve through common usage rather than someone forcing an opinion on a forum (not that I think you're forcing an opinion- just speaking generally).

Ha, yes i totally agree with you. As I was trying to remember these "nicknames" I kept thinking that some of these are actually script names. I also agree that forcing a name will never stick it's just a fun thought experiment.

Quote from: jacobo1122 on Mar 21, 2024, 09:23:50 PMI must say, it's exciting time for being an Alien fan and especially for me, because it's my first time waiting like that for a new movie. Before only Alien movies I saw in theaters were Prometheus and Covenant, and I wasn't as dedicated to the franchise as I am now, I wasn't following rumors or chatting on forums. Honestly, I even felt that I'm getting further away from this series after disasters like Prometheus and Colonial Marines. If it wasn't for Isolation, I doubt I would be here today. But I am, more into franchise than ever, and experiencing the thrill of waiting for a new movie with fellow fans is great. I only hope that I won't get overhyped and don't appreciate the movie even if it would be decent. And honestly being just decent is what I want from it now, just like other Alvarez' movies. Both Evil Dead and Don't Breathe were well made horrors, but they didn't blow me out of my sockets or anything. And I think that it is what we need right now from this movie, being just  well made horror.Everything above that will be nice suprise for me.It is possible of course, I had similiar thoughts about Trachtenberg and his movies, and yet he found his footing so well in Predator series and cooked up  something truly special for us.

Welcome friend! Yes, what a time to be an Alien or Predator fan. I must say I haven't been this pumped for an alien or predator release since i saw the Predators trailer. While I feel that Prey was superior to predators in many ways that Predators trailer was epic!!

Having listened to some of the interviews I feel that Alvarez and Trachtenberg have the same kind of respect and reverence of the franchises. I don't want to get my hopes up but if this teaser is anything close to the actual movie I think we are in for a real treat.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I kinda like Scratch actually.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 21, 2024, 09:01:19 PMhttps://brightstarbedtimestories.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/scarface-claw-cat-book-dodd-p4.jpg
Is he frightened of pirates armed with their guns?
He sneaks and he eats them solely for fun
No matter what happens
Whoever might call
There's nothing that frightens him
Nothing at all

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

GreybackElder

https://youtu.be/dLOOBLSyLJs?feature=shared

... me after watching this teaser.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

You know that facehugger swarm is really haunting to witness. I think it's probably more effective than a horde of Warriors nowadays, probably because we gotten so used to them. I know there's like a section of swarms of facehuggers in a comic book but I haven't read it and they only source I listen to is from YouTube and that was a while ago. I think I haven't even finished it.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Huggers getting to shine in this one.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 21, 2024, 10:49:41 PMYou know that facehugger swarm is really haunting to witness. I think it's probably more effective than a horde of Warriors nowadays, probably because we gotten so used to them. I know there's like a section of swarms of facehuggers in a comic book but I haven't read it and they only source I listen to is from YouTube and that was a while ago. I think I haven't even finished it.
Aliens: Berserk

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 21, 2024, 10:58:46 PMHuggers getting to shine in this one.

👁🕸👁👉👈Luckily I'm somewhat both arachno- lover / phobic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed