New Trailer Revealed At Playstation State Of Play

Started by DarthJoker45, Dec 10, 2019, 02:28:49 PM

Author
New Trailer Revealed At Playstation State Of Play (Read 26,520 times)

Kailem

I'd love to see skins of pretty much all the movie Preds. Wolf and Mr Black would definitely be my most wanted after City Hunter (and Jungle Hunter obviously, but we already know we're getting him).

The whip could be a fun inclusion too. Just no shurikens, please! :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Dec 24, 2019, 05:16:19 PM

Agreed!

SuperiorIronman

Just noticed that some Predators don't have the plasmacaster and backpack. I'm wondering if this means we wont have the medical kit if we don't have the cannon seeing as the gun is typically mounted on the medical kit.

Kailem

In some of the gameplay footage you can see the medicomp takes up an item slot when the player is switching weapons, and it's listed in the pre-match loadout screen in some of the demos, so maybe that's an indication that we can choose not to have it and rather use that slot for another weapon or piece of gear.

If that's the case I'd imagine it wouldn't be too good of an idea for anyone other than the Berserker, since he'll have the most health by default.

The Shuriken

Quote from: Kailem on Dec 24, 2019, 05:16:19 PM
I'd love to see skins of pretty much all the movie Preds. Wolf and Mr Black would definitely be my most wanted after City Hunter (and Jungle Hunter obviously, but we already know we're getting him).

The shurikens are awesome weapons and you know it.

I am totally not biased.

Voodoo Magic

Corporal Hicks

I'm all for shurikens too. I love both them, and the smart discs.

Voodoo Magic

#TeamDisc

Though I admit, if one forced me on a psychiatrist couch and weeded through this brain of mine, much of my loathing for the Shuriken would be revealed as actual loathing for director Paul W. S. Anderson and his lack of appreciation for the Smart Disc and comparing it to a frisbee!

Go take your Shuriken, your American Football Shoulder Pads, your human eyes and your goofy-way-too-long gauntlet knives and go mess up another beloved creature Paul!  Go, get lost! >:(

Okay, now I feel better.  ;D

JokersWarPig

Since the smart disk is guidable and you could make the shurikens different by giving you a few that can be thrown rapidly and fly fast but aren't guidable.

Kailem

^ Yeah I don't think I'd have a problem with them if they worked like that. The reason I dislike them is they're basically identical to the disc in function, thus making them unnecessary, yet also seeming way less practical in how they're used, with no obviously visible reason for how they work the way they do.

Granted if we're talking about "realism" the smart disc would also probably be deadly as hell to try and catch when it came back to you, but at least the lights and sounds indicate technology is in play, so we can take it as having some sort of guidance system that likely helps with it returning to the user safely. But the shurikens seem like they'd be impossible to catch without slicing your hand off and just operate 100% on the "rule of cool."

At least The Predator tried to explain them a little bit with the mention of them actually having some sort of tech that seemingly has them home back in on the wrist gauntlet or something, but even then the results were exactly what I've always figured should happen with those things. :laugh:

SuperiorIronman

Y'know I actually refer to the Smart disk as the "death Frisbee". It's a fun weapon lets have it be fun and call it what it is. ;D

If the shurikens show up I'd imagine they'd have something like a visible arc to the player indicating where the player needs to be in order to grab them as otherwise they'd get stuck in something or fly off into the distance. So while you could guide the Smart Disk, the shuriken you can carry more of but you can't necessarily control where it goes.

I'd actually like a system where if a weapon gets dropped a Human player might be able to pick it up. We've seen Humans handle Predator gear to some extent so say the shuriken gets dropped somewhere and a player gets it, they could throw it but unlike the Predator they cant catch it so they have to get out of range on the return.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

"Death Frisbee"  pffft

Quote from: Kailem on Dec 27, 2019, 07:35:08 PM
Granted if we're talking about "realism" the smart disc would also probably be deadly as hell to try and catch when it came back to you, but at least the lights and sounds indicate technology is in play, so we can take it as having some sort of guidance system that likely helps with it returning to the user safely. But the shurikens seem like they'd be impossible to catch without slicing your hand off and just operate 100% on the "rule of cool."

It's my understanding the Smart Disc doesn't have sharp edges when its attack mode is off, but is only sharp when activated, which is why when it hangs and bangs against Harrigan's body it doesn't even cut his shirt let alone his torso.

So when you don't think of it as a rotary saw blade, coming back attack-deactivated you can imagine it's actually quite easy for a Predator to catch.

WINNER : SMART DISC !

molasar

molasar

Instead of weaponry from AvP1+2, Predators and The Predator films, I would like to have an extra mode-'Capture the Predator' where the Fireteam uses OWLF thermally insulated suits (that can be damaged making a user visible), radioactive dust (that can be sprayed on leaves, tree trunks etc. and sticks to passing through them Predator) and cryogenic weapons. So Predator can mainly rely on sound hints and leaves-branches-water movements.

Kailem

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 27, 2019, 08:23:19 PMIt's my understanding the Smart Disc doesn't have sharp edges when its attack mode is off, but is only sharp when activated, which is why when it hangs and bangs against Harrigan's body it doesn't even cut his shirt let alone his torso.

So when you don't think of it as a rotary saw blade, coming back attack-deactivated you can imagine it's actually quite easy for a Predator to catch.

WINNER : SMART DISC !

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Dec 27, 2019, 08:10:04 PMI'd actually like a system where if a weapon gets dropped a Human player might be able to pick it up. We've seen Humans handle Predator gear to some extent so say the shuriken gets dropped somewhere and a player gets it, they could throw it but unlike the Predator they cant catch it so they have to get out of range on the return.

If you slow the trailer right down at the part where it shows the Predator collecting his trophies (around the 1:30 minute mark) you can see a white smart disc icon in the world indicating that it has to be retrieved. So it looks like it might not always return to the user automatically. Might be an AVP2-type situation where sometimes you either have to collect it yourself or else use energy to bring it back.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I imagine it's going to be an energy thing. Whether it's a case of being left in the world because of no energy, or it being an actual choice to auto retrieve it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed