The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 02, 2018, 09:03:31 PM

Author
The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March (Read 89,496 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: skhellter on Apr 21, 2018, 04:05:36 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 20, 2018, 11:29:20 PM
They might have dropped
Spoiler
Florida
[close]
since Fox loves filming cheaply in British Columbia. Every other X-Men movie films in the exact same forest. :laugh:

No cuban pete..

no winsome babes in daisy dukes..

:(

Shame i like that part... The gator joke got me good  :laugh:

I wonder who could play Cutter though... No sign of him in the casting list, maybe they changed his name, or scrapped his part...

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 22, 2018, 12:29:05 PM
They might have dropped
Spoiler
Florida
[close]
since Fox loves filming cheaply in British Columbia. Every other X-Men movie films in the exact same forest. [emoji23]

No cuban pete..

Shame i like that part... The gator joke got me good  [emoji23]

I wonder who could play Cutter though... No sign of him in the casting list, maybe they changed his name, or scrapped his part...
Yeah I just thought about that

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ramjet311

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Apr 22, 2018, 07:29:34 PM
They might have dropped
Spoiler
Florida
[close]
since Fox loves filming cheaply in British Columbia. Every other X-Men movie films in the exact same forest. [emoji23]

No cuban pete..

I'd bank on there being no Cutter in the movie.  He doesn't really add anything and then just disappears at the end.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Ramjet311 on Apr 22, 2018, 09:34:07 PM
Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Apr 22, 2018, 07:29:34 PM
They might have dropped
Spoiler
Florida
[close]

No cuban pete..

I'd bank on there being no Cutter in the movie.  He doesn't really add anything and then just disappears at the end.

True  :laugh:

Anyway i like the fact that they changed act 3, i hope the final battle is modified,
Spoiler
it's incoherent that the upgrade withstand plasmacaster shots easily but stumbles back when shot by human firearms, even though being weakened, that's just bullets ! Compared to plasma shots that's probably nothing !
[close]

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

BidDaddyJohn - Why they create such a nonsense? I mean, why not make it good for the first time. They made reshoots, Im more than okey with it, hell. . Im really glad for it, it made me happy. . but once again, why? Shane Black is not capable to made it good on the first try? These reshoots basically give the whole movie a second chance. If he will be really that good and experienced, he would made it perfect straight from the beginning. It seems that In this case, reshoots are something like a film repair process, huh. And it already slightly damaged the film itself, because the whole damn trailer and everything behind it is coming a little bit later to us.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Once again my hopes are not strong guys , I have the script and it's not pretty out there. Even with the third act changed I think it's a dangerous game fox are playing with the franchise.

azamultic

Petr you being very categorical about movie making process.

"If he will be really that good and experienced, he would made it perfect straight from the beginning."  This is very simplistic view on the movie buisness. Damn even experienced directors do make not suscesful movies, Redley Scott (Alien), John Mctiernan (Predator)  did make questionable movies too. So this is very closeminded view on the whole movie craft thing. Same about artist, sometimes even expirienced and good artist can make not a good or to say "not popular" art piece.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Azamultic - You dont get what Im trying to say, Im not talking about bad movies from good directors or vice versa. . Im talking here because Shane Black reshoot the ENTIRE third act, and thats really important fact. Dont you get it? How many directors reshoot that much amount of material in their movies? This is for sure not a common thing, is it happens? Yes, it happens sometimes, but its not normal. Do you remember what Shane said long before? He said, that this would be an event movie (funny, still no marketing) and he also said that this Predator film will have the biggest budget. . dont you understand that the ENTIRE third act is now completely deleted? In other words. . part of the budget is now gone, just because they throw the first already filmed version of that part of the movie out of the window! Do you think that they have unlimited resources, and cash for this kind of nonsense behaviour? Maybe, but it is for sure expensive. . and we still dont know how this "rodeo" can harm the movie itself, and thats the damn reason of why Im talking about this. In the normal way, they should made the movie somehow good on their first try, sure. . they can made mistakes, but remember that when you made mistake. . you will always pay for it. And this is serious film production, and not some homework from the school that you can always repeat, do you understand that difference? This is business, its all about money. So, if they reshoot that much, it could badly harm the overall movie development in some way. No surprise that they give us the damn trailer that late (some people in Cinemacon already see it) especially when they must rework a significant amount of their previous material. And now tell me that everything behind this is looking good, tell me that there is zero negative informations, and dont forget that the original first and second act from the film is still unchanged.

Thedutchpredator

It wasn't the ENTIRE third act

Johnny Handsome

Guys, i understand that the news about the reshoots can be worrisome, but movies with excessive reshoots can turn out very good.

Lets take the first Predator, they shut down the production so long that Arnold went to film "The Running Man" in the meantime, they rewrote the entire third act, the original ending had the showdown on the Predator ship for example.

They had to reshoot all cloaking shots, Predator shots etc... for the better, without that no one would be here talking about the movie.

Don't doom the movie just yet.

Corporal Hicks

I have to agree with Johnny here. People are too quick to just go into panic mode and declare the film as doomed. We haven't seen it. We've only got access to parts of it. Let's actually wait to see the finished product before forming a final opinion.

whiterabbit

Who here remember the Jean Claude Van Damme pray mantis? 'nough said about reshoots.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Even for someone like me who's pessimistic about
the quality of the film , I'm pretty sure it will better than predators , and that to me can only be a good thing. Watching Adrien Brody pretend to be Dutch was just a cheese fest. Anything has gotta be better than that.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Actual Hybrid ... I don't think it was intentionally cringy though.

Original Predator

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 23, 2018, 04:31:22 PM
Once again my hopes are not strong guys , I have the script and it's not pretty out there. Even with the third act changed I think it's a dangerous game fox are playing with the franchise.

Can you give some "general" examples of what you think is "a dangerous game"????

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed