Predator: Hunting Grounds @ Tokyo Game Show

Started by Kailem, Sep 15, 2019, 05:51:09 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds @ Tokyo Game Show (Read 7,947 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Shamo on Sep 20, 2019, 08:09:56 PM
I gotta say I am really looking forward to this one! I feel they have exactly the right ideas to make this an interesting multiplayer game.

Right On!

TYRANTKINGALIEN

Hopefully we see it on xbox and pc. As is I'm not buying a ps4.for it. Bare minimum I'll play it on pc.
if or when.
I'm also really surprised they are doing a game on predator after the last movies performance. and only marketing it to a single console???
Cuts your dam market by so much, hopefully it does not fail, that would be really bad for the franchise.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: TYRANTKINGALIEN on Sep 21, 2019, 01:59:33 AM
Hopefully we see it on xbox and pc. As is I'm not buying a ps4.for it. Bare minimum I'll play it on pc.
if or when.
I'm also really surprised they are doing a game on predator after the last movies performance. and only marketing it to a single console???
Cuts your dam market by so much, hopefully it does not fail, that would be really bad for the franchise.

Near as I understood is that while The Predator did poorly, it didn't do nearly as badly as we'd feared. It held some tax credits and Fox felt comfortable enough to do those home release ads. Near as we know the NECA figures also still do well and Archie Versus Predator 2 (as niche as we can get) did well enough it opened within lower tier Marvel sales which isn't bad for Darkhorse. So despite the source, merchandise still moved. It's also at fault for those who put Shane Black in the directors chair despite what kind of films he's known for making and the studio's fault for the 11th hour costly edit, re-shoot, and delays which saddles the movie with extra debt.

So while it wasn't a great position to be in, it's mitigated but still a disaster they themselves made.

Sony probably not knowing what awaited the film and the merchandise yet still moving after probably took it as a low risk potential high-yield production. Makes sense given the creative team and Sony having won this console generation and PS5 potentially being compatible with the PS4 library makes it able to be sold on two systems for the int ital developing cost.

Voodoo Magic

As an Xbox owner, I admittedly will be purchasing a PlayStation to play this.

It's smart after The Predator, that this console game is going back to its beloved roots.

Samhain13

As a PC Master Race owner I will probably do the same.  :P

Only an Alien/Predator game is capable of making me buy a console if necessary.

Kailem

I remember AVP was a big incentive to get our PC upgraded back in the day.

I still need to finish playing through Concrete Jungle. I bought a new copy off Amazon a few months back largely due to being hyped about this and never having played it back in the day (£60 off Amazon, only to then see it on sale for £30 the day after, of course :P ). Despite some questionable control decisions I've been digging it so far, especially the optional objectives to unlock new skins. Here's hoping Hunting Grounds takes all of the good and less of the bad and improves on it all!

Also a shame it doesn't seem like there's any new footage being captured from its TGS appearance. Maybe Japanese gamers just aren't into recording this sort of thing off screens?

Enjoy

Enjoy

Can we pick our weapons and what the predator looks like ?

Kailem

Kailem

While it's technically unconfirmed, gameplay shows the Predator's weapon/gadget select has 7 slots, with only 3 of them being used in everything that's been shown so far (wrist blades, plasma caster, medicomp), so it's a fairly safe bet we'll be able to choose our weaponry one way or another.

Likewise while we haven't heard anything yet about alternate skins, Friday the 13th had practically every Jason skin you could think of, so it's also a pretty safe bet we should be getting some different Preds to choose from too.

Enjoy

Enjoy

Thank you most kindly.

Enjoy

Enjoy

I was left with the impression a city  map could be made at some point ?

Kailem

Np, and unfortunately it doesn't seem like we'll be getting one (at launch anyway). It's certainly possible in the future as DLC, but it sounds like for now it's just going to be a jungle setting with variations.

Corporal Hicks

We're gonna have to make enough noise about it (without being jerks).

Kailem

Just gotta keep tweeting "please to DLC this, Illfonic!" at them. :laugh:

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Kailem on Sep 22, 2019, 04:09:34 PM
Just gotta keep tweeting "please to DLC this, Illfonic!" at them. :laugh:

If City Hunter isn't in the base game, you think we could get them to do a Predator 2 Expansion?

Soldiers replaced with the OWLF
Predator is City Hunter or one of the Lost Hunters
Objectives are based around the attempted capture or killing of the Predator as well as removing evidence of the creature and or claiming fallen gear.

And as for story, this could take place during Predator 2, maybe there was more than the one team? There are more Predators on the ship and so maybe a few of them went out themselves and we just don't see it.

It could also introduce new gadgets for the Human players like the temperature suits and new vision modes for the Predator.

Kailem

Or alternatively players could be a SWAT team going on a mission against a gang (Colombians or Jamaicans, perhaps) who are the NPCs, getting choppered in and out when the Predator shows up.

Either way I feel like it's doable within the framework they've set up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed