Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 314,501 times)

Youngblood90

Youngblood90

Well I must admit everyone, I'm very excited for this film now. I'm not going to get bogged down on what we do or don't know. The fact they are trying something fresh and different, and in the style of the revenant apparently, has me completely hyped! 

It's been a long time coming and even if it doesn't work I respect them for trying to think out of the box for once and trying something new and unique. I hope they keep a dark serious tone in this film and stay away from cheesy throwback lines etc.

My instincts are usually always right when it comes to predator films. As soon as I sense a flop it has consistently become that. This is the first time I'm not concerned but genuinely intrigued and excited. Fingers crossed this is the one, that gives us predator fans the film we all deserve.

Wysps

Wysps

Similar to The Revenant?  I could get behind that  8)  That's definitely a vibe that would go well with the Predator franchise imo. 

However, I'm not a fan of them trying to build it as the Predator's first journey to earth, but the similarity to Revenant would be awesome.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Alec in those same woods that Kyle Strauts posted from.

Youngblood90

Youngblood90

@wysps

Yeah I understand that concern, but if the quality of the film is good on its own merit, I'm not going to get bogged down on one tiny gripe. Say 90% was on point, I can look past the 10%.

End of the day, it's crunch time now imo for the franchise. It's in desperate need of a fresh injection of ideas. And I think taking it into a grounded serious revenant style tone and direction could be the right call.

I absolutely love the revenant, so I suppose I'm hyped and biased because I actually envisioned this happening when I watched the revenant one time ages ago. It was the long drawn out scene at the beginning, when they are in the trees, and I was like damn this would work sweet with predator. Another idea I had was a predator film in the style sicario.

Either way it's the news I've been wanting. Just someone to grab hold of this thing and take it in a interesting direction. And I believe skulls could just do that.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

#TrustInDan

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

"Looking at this old picture of our slate from when we shot 10 Cloverfield Lane and thinking about how sometimes they report on a movie's title, but it's actually just the code name it is shooting under..."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR7TOCoJc_m/?utm_medium=copy_link

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Hmm. Was thinking at first this might apply to Skull(s), but John Davis did confirm the title, so...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think, given the timing, that is very much the intent of the post. Just think it means that Skull/s isn't guaranteed to be the final name, just happens to be what it's being called now.

Some Old Dude

Some Old Dude

I'm not fully worried about the rating issue. If it where to be PG-13 it'd be on Disney Plus rather than Hulu. The Revenant comparisons have me beyond excited. If the Predator made first contact prior to white settlers in America (Being the region it's set in, that means before Leif Eriksson), there's still over 1,000 years worth of other time periods they can land in for other films.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think the problem with that one is that if we're still going Comanche (and staying accurate), their culture came about after the introduction of horses (iirc) which came around when the Spanish showed up which was around 1700s.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 30, 2021, 09:15:05 AM
I think, given the timing, that is very much the intent of the post. Just think it means that Skull/s isn't guaranteed to be the final name, just happens to be what it's being called now.

Yeah, I hear that. And "code names" which Trachtenberg refers to in his post are used to try to keep the production of a film in secrecy - even though the cat was out of the bag on this one prior to filming.

But if Skull(s) is indeed a code name, it's just strange for Producer John Davis to outright say the film is called "Skull(s)". It's like John Davis telling the press in 2007 that his new AvP film sequel is called "Colorado Nights".

Kailem

Kailem

"Skull" or "Skulls" has always been such a generic title I've always taken it as simply the code name. And it could just be that they haven't settled on a final name for it yet, hence why John Davis still referred to it as "Skull."

Plus there's no point in not advertising the Predator connection now that the cat's out of the bag. I could maybe have seen them try to keep it a secret if they'd managed to get it out there without anyone knowing it was a Predator film, but now there's not much point.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 30, 2021, 01:24:31 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 30, 2021, 09:15:05 AM

Yeah, I hear that. And "code names" which Trachtenberg refers to in his post are used to try to keep the production of a film in secrecy - even though the cat was out of the bag on this one prior to filming.

But if Skull(s) is indeed a code name, it's just strange for Producer John Davis to outright say the film is called "Skull(s)". It's like John Davis telling the press in 2007 that his new AvP film sequel is called "Colorado Nights".
But it was. It was originally a sequel to Boogie nights but they couldn't secure Vince Vaughn and had to tag in Predator. Could you imagine how much more efficient Vince Vaughn would have been than Wolf?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Stitch on Jul 30, 2021, 03:00:11 PM
But it was. It was originally a sequel to Boogie nights but they couldn't secure Vince Vaughn and had to tag in Predator. Could you imagine how much more efficient Vince Vaughn would have been than Wolf?

Finally! Someone is making sense around here!  :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

I don't even know what you're talking about  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed