What is the Space Jockey of the Predator franchise?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 13, 2021, 12:03:45 AM

Author
What is the Space Jockey of the Predator franchise? (Read 6,334 times)

Immortan Jonesy

I've long wanted to see a story featuring the flintlock pistol from Predator 2. I mean, perhaps the artifact doesn't represent much of a mystery on its own, but it does suggest that there is a whole back story about Predators hunting in ancient times.

And I get to thinking about Alien's Space Jockey, which raises questions such as "Who is the big guy in the chair? Where did it come from? Where was he headed? What is his relationship with the Alien?"

Now I want to learn if there is something like that in the Predator franchise, either in movies or in the EU.

BlueMarsalis79

I think it's the Predator ship itself, the Predator culture itself, the technology of the Predator's seemingly incongruous with their behaviour and that's part of the magic.

Immortan Jonesy

Definitely. The Lost Tribe' spaceship is as intriguing and cool as the Derelict. The art in the interior, the design, its crew, the trophy room. It looks like a vehicle full of history.

bendinglight

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 13, 2021, 12:03:45 AM
I've long wanted to see a story featuring the flintlock pistol from Predator 2. I mean, perhaps the artifact doesn't represent much of a mystery on its own, but it does suggest that there is a whole back story about Predators hunting in ancient times.

There is a comic going into the backstory of the flintlock pistol; Predator: 1718. Excellent story!

Immortan Jonesy

There's also this weird hammer head thing in Predators.

Quote from: bendinglight on Feb 13, 2021, 12:32:27 AM
There is a comic going into the backstory of the flintlock pistol; Predator: 1718. Excellent story!

Wow that's sick! I'm so unaware of the EU that I feel ashamed of myself 😂

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 13, 2021, 01:11:30 AM

There's clearly a lot in Predators set up to make the audience ask questions after the film ends, but nothing elicits mystery in the way Predator 2 or Alien does, in my opinion anyway.

Huggs

Huggs

King Willie's Prophecy Bones.

Their age and origin are still unknown.

Immortan Jonesy

King Willie must have found a trophy room full of Arcturian bones.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 13, 2021, 01:16:25 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 13, 2021, 01:11:30 AM

There's clearly a lot in Predators set up to make the audience ask questions after the film ends, but nothing elicits mystery in the way Predator 2 or Alien does, in my opinion anyway.

Yes, it doesn't have the same impact. Well nothing in the Game Preserve Planet actually.

BlueMarsalis79

Admittedly kinda cool though.

Immortan Jonesy

I really dig the Terran vibe.

BlueMarsalis79

Just wish we saw something distinct within it.

Immortan Jonesy

BlueMarsalis79

I'm sorry for not being clear, I mean inside the structures we previously discussed in Predators, wish they had a unique element of otherworldliness.

Immortan Jonesy

They should have tried harder for sure. Even Mortal Kombat X has a glimpse of something less generic.

But everything pales in comparison to that lovely Lost Tribe ship from Pred 2.

It has a mollusk shell lighting, which in combination with artificial fog it is successful in executing an otherworldly atmosphere.

...Also, in many ways it's like a trilobite or something. 8)

Voodoo Magic

Lost Predator Ship for sure! No buttons, dials, or switches. Lighting that simulates breathing and a heartbeat. Imagining all the possibilities of its genesis is endless!  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed