The Predator to be Released February 9, 2018

Started by Darkness, Feb 28, 2016, 09:00:14 AM

Author
The Predator to be Released February 9, 2018 (Read 45,863 times)

whiterabbit

To fathom a guess, 380 million is the goal.

Still, it's hard to believe there is a base large enough to choose Meg over the predator on opening night/weekend. If there is... then why not see both!

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Would be cool to see a taller Pred in the next film. I know right now there 7-8ft tall. But it would be cool to see a 9 foot tall Predator. Ofcoure it would have to be Cgi as there is nobody out there that tall to play him. But I would like to see a 9ft tall Pred side by side a 16 ft tall Queen Alien. Would be a cool sight.

whiterabbit

Oh, another vote for AVP3. Come on fox, get your shit together and make it already.

overthere

Is nobody going to address the sudden date change? Am I crazy or was it March 3rd at first?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Odd that they choose to release it a month earlier.

whiterabbit

It was pushed a month back so it didn't have to compete with a giant shark movie called Meg. Yea I don't get it either but that's the reason, apparently.

overthere

Better a month earlier than a month later.

The Joker

The Joker

While I'm not complaining about the movie coming out earlier (cause you know, we get to see it sooner), but wouldn't the 50 Shades sequel provide more competition since it has a built-in "fanbase" and the first one made over 500k worldwide?

The first one also beat out Kingsman during the opening week of it's release:

FSOG: $85,171,450
KINGSMAN: $36,206,331

Granted Predator has a larger fanbase than Kingsman, I still think it's a riskier move then releasing it against a shark movie. Also have to remember that Shane Black has stated that the film will be an "event film" and will have a larger budget, which obviously makes it's even more riskier.

KiramidHead

Well, now I have a sudden urge to see a Predator hunt a megalodon, Quint style.

overthere

Quote from: Deathstroke on May 30, 2016, 06:25:20 PM
While I'm not complaining about the movie coming out earlier (cause you know, we get to see it sooner), but wouldn't the 50 Shades sequel provide more competition since it has a built-in "fanbase" and the first one made over 500k worldwide?

The first one also beat out Kingsman during the opening week of it's release:

Granted Predator has a larger fanbase than Kingsman, I still think it's a riskier move then releasing it against a shark movie. Also have to remember that Shane Black has stated that the film will be an "event film" and will have a larger budget, which obviously makes it's even more riskier.

I believe Predator fans and 50 Shades of Grey fans couldn't be more opposite of each other. There's no competition there.

Corporal Hicks

Completely different demographics. I'm actually curious to see how well that goes now.

whiterabbit

I think 50 Shades of Grey box office success was a fluke. A cleaver marketing ploy. After the next one bombs, 50 shades of Darker or whatever, The Predator will eat it alive in 2018.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Deathstroke on May 30, 2016, 06:25:20 PMThe first one also beat out Kingsman during the opening week of it's release:

The Kingsman comic was pretty niche, from what I understand. 50 Shades was based on a huge novel that millions of people had read. Recognisable names almost always beat unknown or original properties.

Predator is very much a recognisable brand.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 30, 2016, 08:45:51 PM
Well, now I have a sudden urge to see a Predator hunt a megalodon, Quint style.

Tristan we need you to draw this ;)

The Joker

I agree with most of you that it shouldn't be problematic due to the audience that both films will attract.

Really just hoping that 'The Predator' will be more successful (and better overall) than Predators.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed